First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bummer. i'm taking my bronco back to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully there isn't a recall in our future. :(
You should be hopeful its a recall and not ford denying a problem. Recall is best outcome,highly doubtful though
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
I dropped off my bronco yesterday for the second time to have the transmission looked at. Service tech said "Not sure that Ford will replace it again." WOW, quite the response! So I get a bronco with a crap transmission that gets replaced with another crap transmission, but because it was already replaced I get to keep it! I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

TJ308

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost 11k on my badlands no issues, and she's pulled some weight

IMG_20220814_011955_596.jpg

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost 11k on my badlands no issues, and she's pulled some weight

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission in for replacement! IMG_20220814_011955_596
Thank goodness you have a trailer that you can use when your transmission goes out...plus a chevy to get it to the dealer!

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked my bronco up with no solution for the transmission this time. According to my dealer, Ford now says there is nothing wrong with the noise even though they replaced for the same issue last time. Thanks @Ford Motor Company this gives me ultimate confidence in your product..I'm hoping that it will make it to the 60k powertrain limit/warranty!

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone sent me the TSB, here it is: 22-2371
I've been told service is:
It's a complete transmission disassembly to gain access and replace the 5th and 6th gear synchronizer rings.
Ford Bronco Manual Transmission in for replacement! 1671110471217

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone sent me the TSB, here it is: 22-2371
I've been told service is:

1671110471217.png
Thanks! I sent to my service guys at the dealer, we will see what comes back.

Last edited:

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's made by Getrag, not FoMoCo.
True, but it would be nice if Ford stopped using Chinese junk for their transmissions. I'm taking mine in on Thursday. They said they need a day to diagnose and then will update me. I wonder if they'll be able to get parts in a "timely" manner?

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but it would be nice if Ford stopped using Chinese junk for their transmissions. I'm taking mine in on Thursday. They said they need a day to diagnose and then will update me. I wonder if they'll be able to get parts in a "timely" manner?
Well, technically GETRAG is a German company and has operations across Europe, North America and Asia. They're partially owned by Ford.

The way the Bronco manual transmission repair process has worked for some is that the first appointment is scheduled (weeks or months out). Then, when that appointment arrives The problem is diagnosed. The dealership orders the parts which, naturally, are backordered and take months to show up. Once the parts show up and another appointment is booked, the transmission is dismantled and they find out additional parts are needed which, naturally, are also backordered.

At other dealerships, the additional parts are not ordered and the transmission is put back together. This results in the same issue reoccurring a few months down the road.

Soooo..... yeah. I made my first appointment at the local Ford dealership (the one recommended by Ford corporate) a couple months ago. That appointment is not until March 9th. In the meantime, the Bronco is sticking close to home. No off-road. No long distance trips. Lots of noise in the xmission, though!

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, technically GETRAG is a German company and has operations across Europe, North America and Asia. They're partially owned by Ford.

The way the Bronco manual transmission repair process has worked for some is that the first appointment is scheduled (weeks or months out). Then, when that appointment arrives The problem is diagnosed. The dealership orders the parts which, naturally, are backordered and take months to show up. Once the parts show up and another appointment is booked, the transmission is dismantled and they find out additional parts are needed which, naturally, are also backordered.

At other dealerships, the additional parts are not ordered and the transmission is put back together. This results in the same issue reoccurring a few months down the road.

Soooo..... yeah. I made my first appointment at the local Ford dealership (the one recommended by Ford corporate) a couple months ago. That appointment is not until March 9th. In the meantime, the Bronco is sticking close to home. No off-road. No long distance trips. Lots of noise in the xmission, though!
Right, I understand it is, but the punch in the gut when I pulled up to the dealership when I bought it was reading boldly addressed on the window sticker, "Engine: Made in USA👍, Transmission: Made in China😒", gave me a sinking feeling. And now 6 months into this thing, the noise, which I thought was different than what was originally described, but after reading more forums and whatnot, found out, it's likely the same issue. So 6500 miles and mostly certainly more off-roading than most Bronco owners, it sounds like I need to park it and get it checked out. Made the appt today for Thursday. They said they need it all day to diagnose. Hopefully parts won't take forever. We are headed to north GA in March and VA and TN in June, both trips will see some Bronco off road action if it's available. My hope is that a lot more issues with supply chain are getting worked out. Hopefully one of them is this issue of parts. I mean with my luck, it won't turn out that way, but at least we have two other vehicles to allow us to manage. Let me know how your situation fairs as things develop.

Sponsored

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, I understand it is, but the punch in the gut when I pulled up to the dealership when I bought it was reading boldly addressed on the window sticker, "Engine: Made in USA👍, Transmission: Made in China😒", gave me a sinking feeling. And now 6 months into this thing, the noise, which I thought was different than what was originally described, but after reading more forums and whatnot, found out, it's likely the same issue. So 6500 miles and mostly certainly more off-roading than most Bronco owners, it sounds like I need to park it and get it checked out. Made the appt today for Thursday. They said they need it all day to diagnose. Hopefully parts won't take forever. We are headed to north GA in March and VA and TN in June, both trips will see some Bronco off road action if it's available. My hope is that a lot more issues with supply chain are getting worked out. Hopefully one of them is this issue of parts. I mean with my luck, it won't turn out that way, but at least we have two other vehicles to allow us to manage. Let me know how your situation fairs as things develop.
Keep me posted! Congrats on getting an appointment so quickly - hopefully your repair will go smoothly!

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised you are having issues in a warm climate, I thought it was just a temperature thing...below 40 deg. I asked my dealer to do the service a while back and they never replied. So grind away we go every morning when I start up. I'll address it again at my next service appointment. Yippie skippy!

GreenbeanBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got off the phone with my dealership. My Bronco has less than 4K miles on it. It needs a new manual transmission. I had it in for the third time for a leaking roof and told them I was hearing a grinding noise from what I thought was the front end. It turned out to be the transmission. The dealership told me the new transmission is on it's way and should be done by early next week. Fingers crossed....

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got off the phone with my dealership. My Bronco has less than 4K miles on it. It needs a new manual transmission. I had it in for the third time for a leaking roof and told them I was hearing a grinding noise from what I thought was the front end. It turned out to be the transmission. The dealership told me the new transmission is on it's way and should be done by early next week. Fingers crossed....

Make sure it’s revision E. Anything before that will result in the same grinding noise. Hardly anyone has gotten the rev E transmission either, so it’s not proven to be perfect yet. See the thread below.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-scraping-noise-grinding-sound.33282/page-200

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy just had the same issue and was told the transmissions are on backorder, big surprise. My replacement is no good that I got way back when and I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer on a solution. No surprise they are not in a big hurry to respond.....hopefully @Ford Motor Company will have this figured out by the time my warrantee is up!
Sponsored