David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve had my Bronco about a month and love it…so far. There does seem to be a gremlin that causes the headlights to stay on (and no, I’m not hitting the switch with my knee).

Having become a firm believer and purchaser of Toyota products, which are very reliable, it blows my mind to see the number of mechanical failures posted on this board. I’m hoping it’s like “Yelp” or other reviews which are skewed with negative feedback.

I understand that it’s a new vehicle, but issues like engine & transmission failures should be exceedingly rare.
ok so I’m not the only one with the light gremlin. Its happened twice so far, I thought I was hitting the switch getting out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dropped my Bronco off at a dealer on March 31st. Still no ETA as of this morning on when they will receive a replacement transmission. They gave me a loaner when I dropped it off and labeled it as inoperable/off the road on the paperwork. I'll be surprised if I can even enjoy it this summer. I'll probably just be stuck with another miserable winter experience.
82 days after I dropped it off, I finally got to pick it up today. They said bad bearings in the transmission was the likely culprit. I'm trading this damn thing in tomorrow, I don't want to deal with anymore headaches.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6G,

Well, I need a pillow to cry on. My bronco made it to the 7000 mile mark before its first issue. I always had a little grinding noise from the transmission but figured it was time to get it checked out as it was getting progressively louder, see attached video. From what the service techs are telling me it needs to be replaced with no time line on availability! Spring is finally here in the pacific northwest with summer rapidly approaching....the sun is even shining today. The dealer said I could drive it in the meantime, but what about catastrophic failure? What would you do?

- Mark
:(

I have that same grinding (rocks in transmission) sound too . I'm taking it in next week.
Here is my post:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/strange-grinding-scraping-noise-from-22-badlands-7mt.57628/

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck. My replacement transmission started making the same noise again a couple weeks back. Super disappointing! Who knows if it will hold up. I’ve got less than 15k total miles, I think about 7-8k on this one. Sad.

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same issue here. Transmission was replaced and noise returned 400 miles later. Very sad indeed.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same issue here. Transmission was replaced and noise returned 400 miles later. Very sad indeed.
Hello there! This doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have with your Ford Bronco. Could you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info? I'd be happy to look into things.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck. My replacement transmission started making the same noise again a couple weeks back. Super disappointing! Who knows if it will hold up. I’ve got less than 15k total miles, I think about 7-8k on this one. Sad.
This concerns me greatly. I'm waiting for my 23 badlands sasquatch Mt to be scheduled. I hope to see another 7k update once you get your 3rd Mt

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This concerns me greatly. I'm waiting for my 23 badlands sasquatch Mt to be scheduled. I hope to see another 7k update once you get your 3rd Mt
@GaryB2220 I've got a cool flag and some all weather playing cards that work great!

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@GaryB2220 I've got a cool flag and some all weather playing cards that work great!
Yeah me too. Too bad my calender will expire. Don't know what happened to my flag. I have my deck of cards waiting in the leather bag bronco nation sent me when I signed up 3 years and $110 ago.

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello there! This doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have with your Ford Bronco. Could you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info? I'd be happy to look into things.
Already did a few days ago

MattBoogaard

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got my bronco last week and it’s grinding. 300 miles. Sad

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my bronco last week and it’s grinding. 300 miles. Sad
Bummer. i'm taking my bronco back to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully there isn't a recall in our future. :(
Sponsored