ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We've played this production #'s game before but with new info I'll venture some more fine tuned math... Those in the know can play confirm/deny.

600 Units (1:5 Ranger:Bronco ie. 80%)
This means ~480 Broncos a day on a 10 hr shift and 384 on Saturday equaling 2,784 a week and 11,136 a month. Combine this with the confirmed fact that they've said there is 6 months of production that totals 66,816 MY21 Broncos which is pretty much spot on what others in the know have said is a rough total of the number of Broncos that will be built this year.

How's my napkin math?
That’s 600 per shift, there are 2 shifts per day. I’d assume they are able to make an easy 25k a month once they are done ramping up.
Sponsored

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
3 FULL MONTHS FROM NOW???? Jesus fucking Christ.

So much for this...

Ford Bronco MAP Employees Confirm 2021 Bronco Hits Full Production August 2. Job 1 Still Starts May 3 20Bronco_Billboard_01_2160-e1486567035787

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s 600 per shift, there are 2 shifts per day. I’d assume they are able to make an easy 25k a month once they are done ramping up.
What do you think @ZackDanger, @shoelessjoe, @stigislegend, am I crazy here?

My early estimations were this high and I was told there was no way they'd build that many and that 60K MY21's was "close"...

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So if 5/3 is Job 1 who’s Broncos are being built? I didn’t think any customer orders got built until early June.

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco 6G should see about taking up a collection to send coffee and doughnuts to the factory!
Maybe reach out to their local Union office and ask?
Let the UAW frontline soldiers know that we appreciate them despite some of the shortcomings from the top brass! My dad is a retired CAW (Canadian Auto Worker) and those guys will be working hard in the beginning finding their stride with a new line!
I'm in

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it has been said somewhere.... If first production begins May 3, why hasn’t anyone on this forum identified a production start date in early May. Most of what I saw over the past two weeks has been June 7 -28 production weeks. I have a June 14 production... I presumed that means my truck starts production that week and would take about 8 weeks to complete and then ship to dealer - 10-12 weeks.
Try a day to complete! (Or a little more)
It won’t take weeks to build a Bronco!
C820978E-8064-43F7-BB17-F2CF1F01D446.jpeg

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you think @ZackDanger, @shoelessjoe, @stigislegend, am I crazy here?

My early estimations were this high and I was told there was no way they'd build that many and that 60K MY21's was "close"...
Just from the calculations and estimations here, I like it for 60k MY21s…

…which means as we get into MY22, there will be fewer orders to pick and chose from around parts availability, so to keep the lines running they’ll fold in the dealer stock units… not because they don’t want to prioritize orders, but because they’ll have to when they run out of parts.

…and my gut tells me that means we can expect everyone’s order to be eventually finish getting built in MY22. Even if you ordered today Im guessing it’ll still be a MY22.

Tadel001

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a day or so to complete from start to finish? Does that mean a production slot of June 14 could have a delivery in late June or early July?

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a day or so to complete from start to finish? Does that mean a production slot of June 14 could have a delivery in late June or early July?
Most estimates on the time from completion to delivery are in the 3-6 week range. Some could be quicker, some could take longer.

I'm betting we see some customer deliveries being made by July 1 for those earliest build dates.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most estimates on the time from completion to delivery are in the 3-6 week range. Some could be quicker, some could take longer.

I'm betting we see some customer deliveries being made by July 1 for those earliest build dates.
Adding to this reply; the build happens relatively quickly, but the reason for that delay is completed units are put aside for a time being just in case they find something they need to go back and fix, and to arrange shipments more efficiently.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just from the calculations and estimations here, I like it for 60k MY21s…

…which means as we get into MY22, there will be fewer orders to pick and chose from around parts availability, so to keep the lines running they’ll fold in the dealer stock units… not because they don’t want to prioritize orders, but because they’ll have to when they run out of parts.

…and my gut tells me that means we can expect everyone’s order to be eventually finish getting built in MY22. Even if you ordered today Im guessing it’ll still be a MY22.
All the orders had to be in by April 8th, which means Ford knew exactly how many of each part they would need for the rest of the year. If they can't get the correct number of parts they need from their suppliers for builds between August and the rest of the year then heads will roll.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the orders had to be in by April 8th, which means Ford knew exactly how many of each part they would need for the rest of the year. If they can't get the correct number of parts they need from their suppliers for builds between August and the rest of the year then heads will roll.
This is not entirely accurate. The April 8th deadline was for people to modify their order to remove items that were announced to be MY22 only... if they they wanted to be considered for a MY21 (since scheduling was starting). There are still people holding reservations that don't intend to convert until later.

As you said, Ford requested that all reservations be converted, even if they were MY22, so they could have information on generally what to expect and they could start ordering parts.

Even with that though, they can't physically produce enough Broncos to fulfill all of the orders in MY21, which actually works out for them because they can pick a chose a year's worth of orders to pack the 6mo. of MY21 production with just retail orders.

The big unknown however isn't what parts they will need (or even a very close guess), but the unforeseen issues... what if a supplier's factory burns down, or the Ever Given gets stuck and blocks a shipping route again, or there's another public health crisis that results in industry shut-downs.

I think the truth is Ford basically knows exactly what parts they want to have... but there's no way of knowing if they'll get them. At least for now there are enough orders to pull from they can weather any shortages.... the real freak outs are going to happen when we're in MY22, and they run out of parts for retail orders and make stock orders instead with the parts they do have on hand. It wont be that Ford is *choosing* to prioritize stock orders over retail orders, it's that they wont have a choice.

$0.02
Sponsored

Last edited: