First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so, I'm new to the overlanding scene and my bronco badlands will be my first vehicle of the sort.

I was wondering what exactly to expect the marine grade vinyl interior to be? When I hear "marine grade vinyl" I think of noisey seats everytime you move... stiff.. uncomfortable etc...

I know what to expect from cloth or leather obviously, but anyone able to explain what to expect from a vinyl interior creature comfort wise?
Sponsored

Larrybwcg

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have same question! Dont necessarily need leather but don’t want to regret vinyl seats every time I sit my ass in them

Jeka

First Name
Jeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is it not a fancy term for a plastic bag type cover? :)

Clayps

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To me, and from what I gather from the photos I believe to be that material, it almost looks like a softshell type material you would find on an outdoor brand jacket. Kind of the feel of wetsuit material I suppose?

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it's a fancy way to say pleather (plastic leather) but that it's tough. a lot of boats just sit exposed out in the sun and take a long time to get damaged, that type of durability and ease of cleaning SHOULD be provided in the broncos with these seats.

If you've ever been in a boat, the seats feel like leather and are comfortable, even in rough waters (which somewhat mimic off road jostling)

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A true marine grade or even a recreational wake board boat type should be plenty durable, designed to withstand years of relentless open exposure to sun, water, sand, salt, wind and people climbing on them and laying on them from all sorts of unintended directions....sure. stuff happens, but even leather can get worn/torn and loose stitching over the years

Not bad from comfort level either but sometimes people get some extra back sweat from certain materials versus others

MACHZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Wrangler Rubicon X, 19 Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have they released any info on colors of marine seats yet ?

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not bad from comfort level either but sometimes people get some extra back sweat from certain materials versus others
Yeah this is what I'm curious about with the marine vinyl. I'm between Big Bend and Black Diamond. I would love an easy to clean interior(dog hair is the bane of my existence in my Silverado).

However I'm unsure of the livability of the vinyl in hot climates whether the top is on or off. Seems to me that vinyl in 105 degree temps with no ventilated seats would be a recipe for burned legs, swamp ass, and back sweat. Anyone with a boat in the south have experience with this?

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah this is what I'm curious about with the marine vinyl. I'm between Big Bend and Black Diamond. I would love an easy to clean interior(dog hair is the bane of my existence in my Silverado).

However I'm unsure of the livability of the vinyl in hot climates whether the top is on or off. Seems to me that vinyl in 105 degree temps with no ventilated seats would be a recipe for burned legs, swamp ass, and back sweat.
Yeah. Boat seats get HOT on a 90 degree day.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as you don't get super hot and sticky with them, doesn't bother me

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thats what i'm thinking. being on a long drive, i hope they breath and you don't end up all sweaty on the back side.
Especially when driving topless in the summer, AC can only do so much and it usually only gets your front, not your back
Sponsored