Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you’re not seeing is that bigger dealers will get much more of their orders for Broncos filled in 2021 than smaller dealers. Small dealers will get Broncos in drips. This removes any reason for Ford dealers to compete with each other as anyone who moves to a smaller, more competitive dealer will have to wait longer to get their bronco. Sometimes much much longer.
Still have yet to find a post where it was said it would happen in this manner other than speculation.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Message to FORD – From a Bronco Reservation Holder & Potential Customer A19EEEE8-C174-4F09-AFD3-975E8A8565F0

Ford asking a dealer to remove a post explaining the math and details about the new reservation/allocation system for the dealers says volumes about Ford. The dealer was being totally transparent and Ford did not like that. It’s obviously due to the fact that they lied to the actual customer about how the reservation system orders would be filled.

Why can’t Ford be honest to the end consumer?

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guys this is how I think it is.

There are maybe about 150,000 reservations and let’s assume half of that, 75,000 or so may materialize into actual orders.

Maybe half or about 6,000 members of b6g will place an order. Which means about 70,000 of the orders will be placed by customers not on this site. So the majority of Bronco buyers have no idea who Granger or the other popular dealerships we all know are. The vast majority of customers have reserved with and will buy from their local Ford dealerships in whatever city they live in.

Therefore it is reasonable for Ford to allocate more units to whatever dealerships have more reservations and converted orders.

The order in which the vehicles get built by Ford depends on the timing of placement of the orders when the window for placement opens and has nothing to do with how many units were allocated to which dealership.

So if you’re purchasing through the process of reservations the size of the dealership you picked doesn’t matter.

If you’re going to buy lot units at any dealership after the wave of initial purchases via reservations is over, you can buy on the spot but will in all likelihood have to pay ADM. In this case you are more likely to find lot units at large city dealerships which will get more units because of their historic larger sales volumes.

So Bronco buyers who are buying via reservation need not worry about the size of the dealership they have picked to receive their Bronco from. They are the buyers and their picked dealer is simply the portal of delivery.

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is how Nth Dealers are competing for your business; not on price, service, or honesty, but by bullying you into switching to their dealership to guarantee you get a 2021 Bronco regardless of reservation number. With these fictitious numbers, you can see they also guarantee more future Bronco allocations by previous (2021) sales.

50% of Reservations25% based on size25% based on market researchTotal
Big Dealer
50%​
25%​
25%​
100%​
Medium Dealer
50%​
13%​
15%​
78%​
Small Dealer
50%​
0%​
5%​
55%​
Even Reservations
# of ReservationsAllocations to FulfillReservations Bumped to 2022
Big Dealer
1000​
1000​
0​
Medium Dealer
1000​
775​
225​
Small Dealer
1000​
550​
450​
Small Dealer Heavy Reservations
Big Dealer
750​
750​
0​
Medium Dealer
300​
233​
68​
Small Dealer
1000​
550​
450​
That chart seems spot on.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Message to FORD – From a Bronco Reservation Holder & Potential Customer rapper-wraps-wrapping-with-wrapping_o_3003251

You may have to wrap it. I'd suggest ordering Shadow Black and keep the bars unwrapped. Then go to Katzkin and get a veg-tan looking leather interior with cooled seats!

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is how Nth Dealers are competing for your business; not on price, service, or honesty, but by bullying you into switching to their dealership to guarantee you get a 2021 Bronco regardless of reservation number. With these fictitious numbers, you can see they also guarantee more future Bronco allocations by previous (2021) sales.

50% of Reservations25% based on size25% based on market researchTotal
Big Dealer
50%​
25%​
25%​
100%​
Medium Dealer
50%​
13%​
15%​
78%​
Small Dealer
50%​
0%​
5%​
55%​
Even Reservations
Big Dealer
1000​
1000​
0​
Medium Dealer
1000​
775​
225​
Small Dealer
1000​
550​
450​
Small Dealer Heavy Reservations
Big Dealer
750​
750​
0​
Medium Dealer
300​
233​
68​
Small Dealer
1000​
550​
450​
Without knowing the actual formula there is no way to guess the distribution numbers. It's possible FoMoCo puts more weight than we know on # of reservations which would skew distribution towards high reservation number. It's possible reservations has low weight.

Example: Reservations could be squared to give them more weight, or divided to remove weight. The same could be true of all other variables in the formula. Without knowing the exact formula, which is very very very unlikely to leak, there is no way to know exactly how it's weighted. Then there is the golden rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules" FoMoCo holds the gold right now. ?‍♂

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Message to FORD – From a Bronco Reservation Holder & Potential Customer rapper-wraps-wrapping-with-wrapping_o_3003251

Ford asking a dealer to remove a post explaining the math and details about the new reservation/allocation system for the dealers says volumes about Ford. The dealer was being totally transparent and Ford did not like that. It’s obviously due to the fact that they lied to the actual customer about how the reservation system orders would be filled.
Why can’t Ford be honest to the end consumer?
Wow. Is this the post Granger had started about the allocation process? And now Ford asks to to have it removed? I’m confused, so Ford is upset that one of their dealers were open and honest- upfront with their customers. So Ford says we don’t care for that kind of transparency , we prefer you be vague, little sneaky, and basically be the dealerships that many customers across the nation are running away from pulling their hair out...
Interesting

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. Is this the post Granger had started about the allocation process? And now Ford asks to to have it removed? I’m confused, so Ford is upset that one of their dealers were open and honest- upfront with their customers. So Ford says we don’t care for that kind of transparency , we prefer you be vague, little sneaky, and basically be the dealerships that many customers across the nation are running away from pulling their hair out...
Interesting
yep

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting
Well, Albert didn’t spill the beans on the “formulas” being used... on purpose. A couple others did. I think intentionally was vague and only offered to reassure his customers of the process.

the big guys on here came and made everyone go nuts with the situation.

My impressions are that the ones that spilled the specific formulas may be in some hot water. Not our Albert ;)

Edit: I need to put my phone down. Way too involved in this hahaa

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, Albert didn’t spill the beans on the “formulas” being used... on purpose. A couple others did. I think intentionally was vague and only offered to reassure his customers of the process.

the big guys on here came and made everyone go nuts with the situation.

My impressions are that the ones that spilled the specific formulas may be in some hot water. Not our Albert ;)
I agree. It was the other dealers that gave away all the sordid secrets.

If Ford had any sense they'd offer Albert a position on their board of directors. He's quickly approaching cult status and has managed to do what every CMO in America strives to do for their brand: build a devoted fanbase that will drive further (though not all will have to), pay more (though most of us will pay much less), and wait longer (though I doubt that will end up being the case) to buy from someone they trust.

Or they could just put him in charge of corporate training and let him retrain the old guard that's still stuck in the "us against the customer" selling dynamic that went out of style a generation ago.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So are we worried that if you put in order in with a dealer that has a lot of reservations that you could get moved back in the ordering process?
or are we worried that you could lose the reservation all together?
After reading the posts I'm a little confused.

Personally I'd like to buy the Bronco from whichever dealer can give me the best deal.
Sponsored