Sponsored

Ford should learn from Tesla about multiple reservation holders (person blacklisted)

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, I have no issue with people who want to have multiple Broncos in their stable. But certain folks that bragged about flipping their Broncos for $10k more than they paid, AND they have another Bronco on the way is just BS.

I don’t think Tesla can or should sue flippers, but banning them from future orders is a good thing IMHO.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everybody wants to be a capitalist until it's time to do capitalist shit.

This is the free-market...love it or leave it.
I am not denying the right of someone to sell something they own. Go for it.

But in the case of Tesla, I also applaud them cancelling all future reservations for identified flippers and blackballing them from buying other Tesla vehicles.

there is capitalism, and then there is Ticketmaster capitalism. There is a line, not very clearly demarked at times, but some people just cross it and to hell with anyone else.

at some level I do applaud their ability to extract a vigg from the system, but also glad when a company figures out a way to shut them down.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Porsche has a new policy for 911 buyers. They have to lease for 1yr then they can purchase out right.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Porsche has a new policy for 911 buyers. They have to lease for 1yr then they can purchase out right.
I remember Ferrari or Lamborghini did that too a few years ago to stop the flipping.

my wife works in an industry that has very desirable products with very limited production, and the lies and games that “customers” do to get those products is next-level ingenious.

But they don’t realize what the manufacturer knows and the retailer knows about the buyer in the internet age. The difference is they don’t directly blackball the customer to their face. They just get redlined and they never know it.

some still get away with it but the number drops every day. Some people just go to the aftermarket and pay the equivalent of ADM. But the supply from the sleazebags is slowly drying up.

there will always be people who legitimately sell for various reasons and there will always be profit to be made like with fine art, but the ability to profit from the source and flipping is slowly going away.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whether you love him or hate him is besides the point, but I was watching a video by Doug Demuro over the weekend which spoke to this.

They could also just "brick" the vehicle and render it useless if they wanted to. That'll deter buyers really quickly.

If you own it, you can do what you want with it IMO. Is it kind of a slimy thing to do to flip it right away? Yes. But that's the world we live in unfortunately.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether you love him or hate him is besides the point, but I was watching a video by Doug Demuro over the weekend which spoke to this.

They could also just "brick" the vehicle and render it useless if they wanted to. That'll deter buyers really quickly.

If you own it, you can do what you want with it IMO. Is it kind of a slimy thing to do to flip it right away? Yes. But that's the world we live in unfortunately.
I agree, You can sell whatever you want. I just like that automakers (in this case Tesla) is using their data to limit that to one time. Then you’re out!

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other factor to look at is Tesla sells to customer's direct (IE they are their own dealer). Ford technically sells to dealerships who then turn around and sell to the end user. By having that extra layer, it can make it hard to compare them as the same.

Yes we are buying a Ford product but for any service work, warranty work, recall work, it has to go through a Ford dealer.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The other factor to look at is Tesla sells to customer's direct (IE they are their own dealer). Ford technically sells to dealerships who then turn around and sell to the end user. By having that extra layer, it can make it hard to compare them as the same.
that is a fair point. But there is a warranty that should be to an identifiable individual. Ford corporate finds me for a recall notice. But still another layer to traverse that Tesla does not have to deal with.
Sponsored