Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was wondering if anyone has thought to put rubber edging material and some silicone caulk on the edges of the mic top.
Something like this - maybe spread some silicone and then put this edge on.

1628644548756.png
I used stuff like this all the time to finish off an edge. My only concern with the top would be that it would look out of place bulking up all the edges (And you'd have to do all the edges to make it symmetrical)

And some of those have kind of like a glue inside the channel that once you press on and it heats up a little bit it helps to seal.
Sponsored

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hyundai accent, 1988 Porsche 944
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hot glue gun with dark grey or black sticks.

Force that goo in. Once it cools, a sharp blade to cut it flush with the edge.

Man, maybe I should apply for an engineering position at webasco.
That's the thing though. I don't think Webasco designed it. I'm not sure about Ford's relationship with them but from my experience, it's engineered by Ford and built by Webasco. So if Ford wants it a certain way then Webasco just does it. It's Ford's job to make sure it actually works. I think this is a bad design not bad production.

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base

EDIT - I THOUGHT THE OP WAS SUGGESTING A SOLUTION TO THE MIC TOP SCRATCHING THE ROLL BAR WHEN OWNERS REMOVE THE HARD TOP. THE RUBBER EDGE SOLVES THAT PROBLEM.

@Broncolli
-- great minds think alike. I just installed some this weekend when I had the top off. I found some rubberized edge trim on Amazon, but I was too impatient to wait, so I bought some that I found at O'Reilly's. I actually think the type you show in your original post would be better bc (1) it is designed with a "barb" to help keep it in place, and (2) you can buy it in different dimensions - the "bottom" of the U channel needs to be 3/16" at the rear of the top.

I measured the MIC top inside edge at the rear (the part that was scratching up my rollbar at the c-pillar) at 3/16". The rest of the edge, however, was only 1/16". The stuff I bought was too narrow at the critical part near the c pillar (you can see in the pics how it is splayed open). BUT it stayed in place. I used a heat gun to warm it up and push it into place.

Here are pics of the product I used and the installed result. For what it is worth, I do NOT believe it will interfere with a proper top-to-body seal when I put the top back on (but I have not yet done that, so I guess I will find out).

And BONUS - it came in 8 ft length, and I only needed about 7'. I had some extra rubber trim left over, and I will use it when I put my doors back on (it is longer than the sections Ford provided).

Ford Bronco MIC top fix idea ? Rubber edging material seal package

Ford Bronco MIC top fix idea ? Rubber edging material trim end

Ford Bronco MIC top fix idea ? Rubber edging material seal installed end

Ford Bronco MIC top fix idea ? Rubber edging material seal installed length
Sponsored

Last edited: