Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No they don’t share it with MY insurance co., yet. They just partnered with an ins co to sell that data to. But that is data that eventually all ins companies are going to want to buy.
READ THE PRIVACY POLICY
We got down to the point where we discovered your hangup with the connected aspects of the mid package and that hangup is your insurance company changing your rates based on your driving habits that Ford supplies to them. What is missing is the link to how the insurance company can change your rates without your consent. Draw me the line between what the privacy policy states and where insurance companies can change policy rates based on driving habits without your consent. I'm not seeing it because it doesn't exist.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
where insurance companies can change policy rates based on driving habits without your consent. I'm not seeing it because it doesn't exist.
What do you think insurance companies base your insurance rate on if it’s not your driving habits? You are consenting to it when you pay your premium. You’re being obtuse.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no warmer, it's just the answer. Your tinfoil cap is on too snug.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What specific "Connected crap" that comes with the mid-package do you not want? The only thing I see is the navigation...just use your phone (like everyone will anyway). Navigation is not giving away your info....
Your phone gives away more info than any "crap" Ford has installed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s called METADATA.

Fords gathering it and selling it. Ins cos are buying it. Why would they buy it? Maybe because they think they can make money off of it? Where does that money come from?

You.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What do you think insurance companies base your insurance rate on if it’s not your driving habits? You are consenting to it when you pay your premium. You’re being obtuse.
Yeah, I'm the one being obtuse. Telemetrics then. Of course driving records (tickets, accidents, etc.) are used to determine your rate amongst other factors like age, sex, area, kind of vehicle. Telemetry from your vehicle or another device is just another factor that can be used to determine your rate SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO OPT-IN.

You have failed to demonstrate the link between these telemetrics and your rates changing without your consent and you will be unable to do so since your fear is unfounded. If you don't want to be a participant in Ford's data gathering, its your choice to try and stop it by not enrolling in FordPass or buying the Connected services or equipment.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't really want to be connected, I just want a larger screen so I don't have to put on readers to see things. And maybe a sub, but that's all.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a subscription service, with your insurance carrier. Don't sign up for it and they (Ford/ins co.) aren't authorized to share your personal information. It's really that easy.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive the speed limit and use my seatbelt , so I'm safe right ? They can't tell if I'm drinking a beer can they ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.