Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP, I think you want a Gen 1 Bronco.
Same guy who was complaining about crash bars and safety features, and kept arguing with people who said they didnt agree... Oh and also, metadata is data about data, not direct data pulled from your vehicle.

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been pretty deeply involved in insurance and telematics. #1 your insurance company does not have access to the telematics data unless they pay the manufacturer for it. The insurance company has to file the rating process and factors with each state to use the data as well. That would include disclosure of the use of telematics data and how it factors into the rate. You, the consumer would almost certainly have to allow the data sharing from the Manufacturer (may be buried in fine print somewhere) and most certainly would have to choose the policy that utilized the telematics data. In my experience, the OEMs are very, very protective of this data and their relationship with the customer. At this point, telematics use remains pretty limited. The most predictive data is hard braking and acceleration. Not speeding, not driving off road, not where you drive. And yes, all of us with a cell phone can be easily tracked. They contain gps, accelerometer, data triangulation with towers. The mobile carriers know the data has value, but they generally protect it as well. Google, Apple, Samsung, Ford, Toyota, Verizon....... Progresive has the most customers using telematics, but many others are using it and more will follow if consumers prefer it and it produces good results. GM is starting usage based insurance, it requires GPS and Telematics as well. Relax ???

Sponsored

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The notion that Ford can force you to sign up for anything is silly. They are not going to NOT sell you the car because you refuse to sign up. You can always do it later if you wish, but I will not be pressured into anything.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had originally wanted a manual, but then found out I couldnt get Mid with Manual, so I decided on Mid package.
Biggest disappointment for BD is no manual with the mid package. Glad to see your still committed to the manual, if I can't have both I rather have the manual too.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s all up to you.
I would say though if you have a cell phone and especially have Google on it, get rid of that too! LOL

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The base Sync system has Carplay, so if I need Nav, I can run it through my phone.
Depending on where you go you'll want a dedicated GPS unit for when you leave that cell signal. I have an old garmin with free lifetime map updates I plan to use in my Base.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to be able to try out the off-road nav system with maps/trails and possible sharing. Some may not want that but I'd love to have that all stored on the Bronco and easily accessible for favorite locales and trails!

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford can sell the data but it would have to be masked data (not personally identifiable). It can then be used for data mining of overall usage of the bronco. As many have stated in order for ford to release any personal info, you would have to opt-in. I work for a healthcare software company, and we do the same thing.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just like the info is out there that EVERY Ford has the ATT modem to collect this data. Your going to option down to standard to avoid this non-issue, but won't be avoiding shit LMAO.
Your assertion that every Ford has a modem is not relevant to this discussion. Keep it classy.

Deleted member 13702

Status
Not open for further replies.