toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
The OP seems to think they weren’t charging enough for the 2.7 plus auto. I think the package price is acceptable.

The $1,600 auto transmission is also included as part of the $1,500 Mid pack. Either Ford has pricing errors or they are doing a big auto transmission freebie which is possible but unlikely.

The way it behaves once selected also defies logic. If you get the ”free“ automatic in the Mid package the V6 still costs $1,900! So you get no “credit“ for already having the automatic. Same scenario with SAS. It just doesn’t make sense.
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I’m saying is the outbanks has auto included without adding any options(a 1495 value as you stated). yet the price to upgrade 2.3 to 2.7 is 1895 still...the same as getting that upgrade plus auto transmission. so why the F would the engine upgrade alone cost 1895 on outer banks.
So either it should cost 300 for the engine upgrade or the 1895 doesn’t include auto on other models.

I’m just saying the pricing is screwed up somewhere. You might be right, but I’ll believe it when Ford fixes It.
I didn't see you were referring to the OXB. So your question is the 1895 is too high for the OBX to get the 6, which I would agree.

I'm sure right now the input was designed as 4 cyl + manual is 0 extra. Want the 6? You have to get the tried and true, mega-ordered 6+10 combo and that is 995 + Bronco premium profit - another 900 = 1895. The program ignores the fact the 0 extra includes the tranny in the OBX.

This is the problem with having too many trim levels and not enough customization. Really, if they just made 3 versions and endless options they would have saved themselves a huge headache...

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't see you were referring to the OXB. So your question is the 1895 is too high for the OBX to get the 6, which I would agree.

I'm sure right now the input was designed as 4 cyl + manual is 0 extra. Want the 6? You have to get the tried and true, mega-ordered 6+10 combo and that is 995 + Bronco premium profit - another 900 = 1895. The program ignores the fact the 0 extra includes the tranny in the OBX.

This is the problem with having too many trim levels and not enough customization. Really, if they just made 3 versions and endless options they would have saved themselves a huge headache...
I think I was originally talking abt the 4dr base which includes auto, but for the sake of clarity I thought outer banks was a better example. I hope it’s just a programming mistake and the engine upgrade on base 4dr is only 300, if it is I’ll be all over it.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That means you are getting a 2.7 for the price of a 2.3. Take it. Yes, and they are charging $1800 for a light bar. Nothing makes sense, but if they f up with the auto trans, let them. Don’t let them know they f’d up.
THANK YOU....I’m with you, this is getting tiresome...complaints for things we don’t like....complaints for stuff we do. When is it enough.

Doesn’t affect my build at all but if I’m a customer that it does and now I’m paying 2000 more like the survey said....

This forum is together for a a connection of the love for the Bronco....instead it’s like 20 years ago back in the first day of high school.

Anyways I’m with you ✊

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The $1,600 auto transmission is also included as part of the $1,500 Mid pack. Either Ford has pricing errors or they are doing a big auto transmission freebie which is possible but unlikely.

The way it behaves once selected also defies logic. If you get the ”free“ automatic in the Mid package the V6 still costs $1,900! So you get no “credit“ for already having the automatic. Same scenario with SAS. It just doesn’t make sense.
Remember, these are rock stars who developed B&P!

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah the issue is standalone upgrade for the auto is 1495, so it’s definitely not free :) hopefully we’ll have a b&p relaunch event next Friday with some of this stuff fixed

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah the issue is standalone upgrade for the auto is 1495, so it’s definitely not free :) hopefully we’ll have a b&p relaunch event next Friday with some of this stuff fixed
Actually it’s $1,600 standalone. ? On a BB Ford let’s you choose — $1,500 for all Mid Pack options plus the automatic or you can pay $1,600 for just the automatic. I’m going to run a poll to see which is best way to go.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Actually it’s $1,600 standalone. ? On a BB Ford let’s you choose — $1,500 for all Mid Pack options plus the automatic or you can pay $1,600 for just the automatic. I’m going to run a poll to see which is best way to go.
You’re right on the price, but that makes even less sense about the mid. They aren’t just giving a free tranny bc you buy the mid package or 2.7. The fact that the options breakdown always shows $0 leads me personally to believe that it’s wrong and they are going to fix the site to add 1600 every time auto is optioned.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That means you are getting a 2.7 for the price of a 2.3. Take it. Yes, and they are charging $1800 for a light bar. Nothing makes sense, but if they f up with the auto trans, let them. Don’t let them know they f’d up.
If you price it out on the Badlands, you will see that adding AT to the 2.3 adds $1595; upgrading from 2.3 w/AT to 2.7 adds $300; and upgrading from 2.3 w/MT to 2.7 w/AT adds $1895.

If you aren't happy with those prices, make sure to let the CEO know that you think they're too low. Also, the survey was meant to see what folks would be comfortable paying. It was not a statement of what the actual price would be. I'm surprised folks do not understand that. Be happy the upgrade came in lower, and stop trying to pay more.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you price it out on the Badlands, you will see that adding AT to the 2.3 adds $1595; upgrading from 2.3 w/AT to 2.7 adds $300; and upgrading from 2.3 w/MT to 2.7 w/AT adds $1895.

If you aren't happy with those prices, make sure to let the CEO know that you think they're too low. Also, the survey was meant to see what folks would be comfortable paying. It was not a statement of what the actual price would be. I'm surprised folks do not understand that. Be happy the upgrade came in lower, and stop trying to pay more.
This thread is getting annoying. The math doesn’t work when you compare different trims and options. If they screwed up they aren’t just gonna give everyone a free 1600 transmission if we keep quiet, it’s not the way the world works. So we ask for confirmation or them to fix it and we know the REAL price and can plan ahead.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hahahah that made me laugh....think every ford employee hasn’t messed around on the B&P...it’s still there. They clearly fixed the 360 interior view...

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Threads like these need to be taken down. IMO

Hahahah that made me laugh....think every ford employee hasn’t messed around on the B&P...it’s still there. They clearly fixed the 360 interior view...
You’re right! Even a Ford employee can figure out that the transmission is effectively free with any option where the AT is required (Mid Pkg, V6 and SAS). Thus we don’t have to worry about “alerting” the mothership.

It’s either intended and will be left as is or it’s wrong and Ford was always going to find that mistake and correct it. And no, I do not think Ford has the wherewithal to correct it timely, if it is an error.

Last edited:

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
?? Please don't throw chairs at me, but I was playing around with the B&P and perhaps I got and understanding here.

With the 2.3 you get the manual included.
It is the standard transmission for the 2.3.
Ford Bronco Might be getting an answer soon about the 2.7 w/ auto for $1,895 en 1.JPG

With the 2.7, the 10 spd is included as it is the standard transmission that comes with the 2.7.
The $1,895 is the price that is paid to go to 2.7 with its standard 10 spd auto.
Ford Bronco Might be getting an answer soon about the 2.7 w/ auto for $1,895 en 2.JPG

You can get a 10 spd auto for the 2.3L for $1,595, because you are switching the to the non standard transmission; or shall I say optional transmission.

The 2.7l can only have its standard 10 spd auto, so no other charge is included cause you get its standard transmission; and there is no other optional transmission for the 2.7l.

I'm not saying that I know what I'm talking about here, or that this is fact, or ... ... ... :unsure: not sure if this is logical.

:cool:(y) I just know right now I need to pee, aaaand I'm hungry from all the B& ... ... ... P(ing), and reading several threads.

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base

So how come the base 2.3 a/t to 2.7 a/t adds 1895 and not 300?
Sponsored