Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know how much use it is off the trail on a vehicle like the Bronco, but on something low-slung like a 911 or a Macan, it’s great in a parking lot so you don’t scrape the front chin on the concrete stops. OTOH, I just drive my 4Runner up until I start rolling over those things.

Agreed! For the offroad use I think someone posted before, but essentially the camera would act like a spotter and from the initial reveal would give the driver a great view of what's underneath the vehicle so you can take a better line, avoid a large rock, and/or safe you from falling off a cliff if you need to make a turn close to a steep drop off!

I'm looking forward to using this feature but would like to have the winch too, so I guess we'll see what Ford does or will it be aftermarket.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking at that picture I'd say about 65% of the central view is obstructed by the winch. Relocating the solenoid (which is already something one can do with most Warn, and other, winches) would appear to only reduce it to 50%. It's just a bad design. I can't see why anyone that wants to use the camera feature would opt for the factory winch solution. I'm going Badlands so I get the steel bumper but I'll be waiting to see what the aftermarket offers before I mount a winch - and not just for the camera.
There is always the hope that a front receiver will be made, then you could bolt your winch to the hitch and use the winch on the front OR the back.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessorie...YBnaYHzJJUolfAiHq5Ynx2w6pcLfURv4aAvMLEALw_wcB

Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
gigantic waste of money if its going to ruin a expensive feature
Yup! Recovery gear is probably more important but I don't want to lose a neat feature because of it. I'm hoping they come up with a solution. If not MY21 will be the beta testers and MY22 might have a better option?‍♂

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup! Recovery gear is probably more important but I don't want to lose a neat feature because of it. I'm hoping they come up with a solution. If not MY21 will be the beta testers and MY22 might have a better option?‍♂
if i ever go offroading in the first year i wont be alone. Maybe one of those ford adventure things. Plenty of recovery vehicles haha

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if i ever go offroading in the first year i wont be alone. Maybe one of those ford adventure things. Plenty of recovery vehicles haha
I'm right there with you! If I can have a constant group with me than I wouldn't think of a winch but there are times I might be solo so having one will be useful.

I'll also make sure to post on this forum when I hit the trails so if others want to join we'll be covered?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really folks , this is nothing a $20 3D printed mount and a couple feet of wire won''t fix . People will also need to print different mounts for whatever winch setup they get aftermarket .

I can't remember ever being on a more bitchy forum ,LOL .

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really folks , this is nothing a $20 3D printed mount and a couple feet of wire won''t fix . People will also need to print different mounts for whatever winch setup they get aftermarket .

I can't remember ever being on a more bitchy forum ,LOL .
im not so sure. the problem isnt just camera placement its how far the winch sticks out from in front of the truck.

the camera isnt just a front camera. Its a system that allows 360 degree aerial like view around the car. Moving the front camera could fuck with that.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do not merge this thread this is important news for people ordering their vehicles next month thank you

Well im out on the winch i guess. Im not spending that kind of money to screw with one of the cooler tech features of the car. One of you guys can pull me out of a ditch

Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view Capture.PNG
Exciting news. No worries. They are working on it. Early MOD addition to be implemented at MOD CENTER. 3D mount to hold this modification add-on in process. Warning, may not match MIC hardtop...
Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view BRONCO_MOD

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the camera isnt just a front camera. Its a system that allows 360 degree aerial like view around the car. Moving the front camera could fuck with that.
So you just explained why Ford put it where it is .