Sponsored

Mike Levine response to what will happen to vehicles on Dirt Mountain while waiting for MIC tops

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i ā€¢ Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mice are a concern - as is water damage/mildew if yours is a top that leaks - that would be found on a dealer lot. NO ONE will know if it is happening on Dirt Mountain.

Those concerns aside, the issue is that - like it or not, if you take delivery of a '21 vehicle in '22, you already have a compounded depreciation hit - because '22 models of the same vehicle will also be hitting the market. If you bought a "new old stock" that had been sitting on the lot, you would factor that into your buying agreement. Ford, as of yet, has not seemed to be concerned that you, the buyer, are going to take that hit for them.

For the "I just have to have it" crowd, that is fine. For those who don't like being "had", it probably means letting the vehicle go. Buying a dirt mountain Bronco to do anything but flip it (if the market scarcity holds) is a bad business move... but.... .. .... it's a Bronco and most won't care.
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok Iā€™m lost. how can you owe money on a car that has not been sold ? I known Iā€™m going to get shit for this but this is new to me.
It isn't me but @mpeugeot bought through military auto service. I believe he had to purchase at time of build completion and now his Bronco is stuck in the dirt lot but payments are still due.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok Iā€™m lost. how can you owe money on a car that has not been sold ? I known Iā€™m going to get shit for this but this is new to me.
The military auto source program requires payment 30 days in advance of delivery. So when I got my build date, the payment was made by my bank. My bank is unhappy that they don't have a copy of the title yet. So that's going to get interesting soon. :)

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The military auto source program requires payment 30 days in advance of delivery. So when I got my build date, the payment was made by my bank. My bank is unhappy that they don't have a copy of the title yet. So that's going to get interesting soon. :)
I used MAS three times when I was in Korea (lived there a long time). Waiting for a car to take a ship across the Pacific is nothing compared to this CF.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

True story. In 2012 I owned a MINI Cooper Countryman. Single family home built in 2005, two car garage. We had mice that fall, so I put two or three boxes of d-CON in the garage.

The next spring my MINI developed a dash rattle. MINI's are known to have huge issues with rattles, so I didn't think too much about it. But it kept getting worse. Finally scheduled a service appointment to have it looked at. The service department called me late in the day to let me know they'd cleaned rat poison out of the cabin filter housing.

Damn mice were giving as good as they got.
I found de con in the air filter housing on my 2005 Explorer and in some fishing boots

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mice are a concern - as is water damage/mildew if yours is a top that leaks - that would be found on a dealer lot. NO ONE will know if it is happening on Dirt Mountain.

Those concerns aside, the issue is that - like it or not, if you take delivery of a '21 vehicle in '22, you already have a compounded depreciation hit - because '22 models of the same vehicle will also be hitting the market. If you bought a "new old stock" that had been sitting on the lot, you would factor that into your buying agreement. Ford, as of yet, has not seemed to be concerned that you, the buyer, are going to take that hit for them.

For the "I just have to have it" crowd, that is fine. For those who don't like being "had", it probably means letting the vehicle go. Buying a dirt mountain Bronco to do anything but flip it (if the market scarcity holds) is a bad business move... but.... .. .... it's a Bronco and most won't care.
If the lot MICS leak so will your MY22, they aren't retooling for leaks.

MY22 gonna cost more anyway.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow that sounds like a big mess. I hope this goes well for you .I kept hearing about Mike Lavine being the person to solve problems ? Maybe he can help . Good luck.

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the lot MICS leak so will your MY22, they aren't retooling for leaks.

MY22 gonna cost more anyway.
I think you are missing the point. It is the fact that the water would be in the vehicle undetected for MONTHS undetected on the MAP lot.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're killing me Mike. Mine's gathering dust right now by the dirt pile.
Ford Bronco Mike Levine response to what will happen to vehicles on Dirt Mountain while waiting for MIC tops Screenshot_20210814-160804_Chrome

Sponsored

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does someone want to let Levine know that you ā€œkick upā€ dust or ā€œstir upā€ dust or the like?

Unless you harness and control the sun, the moisture in the immediate environment, and/or an industrial scale dehumidifier, one is quite unlikely to ā€œmakeā€ dust.

Unless he is talking about shedding skin cells indoors - while posting a picture of a Ford product kicking up dust. ā€¦ huhā€¦ maybe that is it.

Donā€™t be a pawn to stupid marketing low-grade, unintelligent social-drivel.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you are missing the point. It is the fact that the water would be in the vehicle undetected for MONTHS undetected on the MAP lot.
That's not the point I'm making.
I'm saying they don't leak (except for a couple randos who had a problem for hopefully very rare reasons).

If the MIC tops leak, then you don't seem to understand that would put a complete stop to Ford's "solution" because the retooled tops would leak as well.

They would have to stop production of all hard top Broncos, no more FE, no clearing of the dirt lot, no fixing the ones that were delivered. No MY22 hard tops etc.

So don't worry about water getting into your lot rotter. If it does, there's a lot bigger problems on the way.
šŸ˜‰

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's not the point I'm making.
I'm saying they don't leak (except for a couple randos who had a problem for hopefully very rare reasons).

If the MIC tops leak, then you don't seem to understand that would put a complete stop to Ford's "solution" because the retooled tops would leak as well.

They would have to stop production of all hard top Broncos, no more FE, no clearing of the dirt lot, no fixing the ones that were delivered. No MY22 hard tops etc.

So don't worry about water getting into your lot rotter. If it does, there's a lot bigger problems on the way.
šŸ˜‰
So you know for a fact that none of the Broncos in MAP holding leak? haahahahahaaā€¦ ok.

edit: I am growing a brain AND learning to read. We both agree that a design flaw (and not a manufacturing flaw) would mean that ā€˜22 models would be prone to leaking.

I do not KNOW that ā€˜21 models are prone to leaking- just that some have, and if others are leaking while at dirt mountain for months, they will be ruined vehicles. The same leaking top on a dealer lot or in an ownerā€™s hands would be addressed.

This is a unique concern specific to a first generation convertible top - thousands of them sitting out unattended for months. That would never happen on a dealer lot.

Last edited:

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel sorry for you that have your bronco in the dirt pile . as much as I wanted mine this year too , BUT

I'm glad I reserved in Dec. 2020 and a 2D ordered , so mine has not been built and when it does it will be fresh of the line with a new and improved hard top.
not going to give in to the 4D , . 2DOORS or nothing !!!!!!!
STAY STONG
Sponsored