First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey yall, can anyone confirm you could mount a OEM bull bar on the cheaper ebay one that doesnt have the fully across top plate? I see it asked above but no one responded. Also curious on how they are holding up through their first winter.
Sponsored

No1hedberg

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_4685
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_4671
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_4672

I just wanted to add a little perspective on this install. I got the “$600” bumper as a Christmas gift and recently got it installed on my Wildtrak with capable bumper. A few things. The parking sensor bezels that snap into the bumper holes are slightly different. Some people have used a utility knife and cut the keyed tabs off and used them anyway without issue. Each sensor hole is clocked differently, and uses different alignment tabs to angle them correctly. They weren’t very expensive so I ordered the correct ones from the dealer and they snapped in perfectly. 2- the sensors on the outer ends stick straight out on capable bumper but are at a 90 degree angle on the modular, which makes it impossible to plug in with the inner brackets in place. I solved this by drilling holes with a hole saw in the inner bracket so the wire can plug in, and there is also clearance to replace the sensor if needed without taking the bumper apart. 3-I ordered a bunch of oem “Bronco bolts” that were supposed to be stamped with Bronco like the oem bumpers I’ve seen. They were pretty expensive, and good quality (think ARP bolts), but they were NOT stamped with bronco, if that’s something you’re considering. 4- I swapped out the tow hooks that came with the bumper for Ford Performance red ones. Mostly just a precaution and probably not necessary.

Overall the bumper looks and feels just like the Ford one to me, except for maybe the bolts. It came with standard button head Allen bolts, which Im not a fan of.

No1hedberg

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_4701
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_4700

Correction. The first bolts I ordered that did not come stamped with Bronco on them weren’t the ones I wanted. They also did not have washers on them. I decided to try the part number on the bag in the pictures and that wa what I was looking for. As you can see those did have the Bronco stamp, and have captured washers. Hope this helps.

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update after quite a bit of salt in the northeast. The eBay mod bumper it holding up fine but a couple of the washers have corrosion. These are just the ones on either side that get tire spray between the fender and bumper. Will address in the spring but it appears that although the bumper is great some of the hardware was subpar.
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0770

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

anyone have a link to the version that comes with the sensor holes for those of us with parking sensors? I kept seeing it mentioned throughout the thread but never saw an actual link for it.
Sponsored