Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope on the 4 door you will be able to remove the rear section, and leave the front 4 sections attached
I would assume so since they show it can be done on the 2 door.
Ford Bronco Modular Hard Top question Bronco
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I hope on the 4 door you will be able to remove the rear section, and leave the front 4 sections attached
pretty sure I saw a 4 door in one of the numerous videos that just had the front seat section on and the rest off.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
pretty sure I saw a 4 door in one of the numerous videos that just had the front seat section on and the rest off.
Ya I saw that, which is why I was asking if the middle section could be used as well. Maybe one of the 200 accessories will be a rear section to do a full top without the rear sides

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The front panels need the panel behind it to seat into so I'm thinking it wouldn't be wise to have them on by themselves.

Wouldn't be an issue if you're on a trail doing a few mph, but they would likely not do well at highway speeds.
Totally unfounded.

What we have seen in real photos and videos:

*If I'm missing anything, correct it

DriverOFFONONOFFOFFOFFOFFOFF
PassengerONONONOFFOFFOFFOFFOFF
MidONn/aOFFONn/aOFFOFFOFF
RearONOFFONONONONn/aOFF
Doors
4​
2​
4​
4​
2​
4​
2​
4​

I think the only thing we haven't seen is the 4-door with just the middle section on or both fronts and the middle section.

Last edited:

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Totally unfounded.

What we have seen in real photos and videos:

*If I'm missing anything, correct it

DriverOFFONONOFFOFFOFFOFF
PassengerONONONOFFOFFOFFOFF
MidONn/aOFFONn/aOFFOFF
RearONOFFONONONn/aOFF
Doors
4​
2​
4​
4​
2​
2​
4​

I think the only thing we haven't seen is the 4-door with just the middle section on or both fronts and the middle section.
I thought I saw a picture with both fronts and the mid off the 4 door, but with the rear section still on.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So tell me, how are the front panels secured when they don't have a channel on the back to sit in? There aren't even latches that secure the two front panels to each other.

Just because you're seeing pictures showing different panels removed doesn't mean the vehicles should be driven that way.
There's video of it on the Rubicon, but maybe if you drive on the freeway in reverse the wind turbulence could be a problem.

Pics on the forum here show three latches each and the pic above your post shows what appears to be a mechanical tongue and groove style fit between the two pieces.

If you still don't believe that it's plausible to drive with just the front tops on, then...

Ford Bronco Modular Hard Top question LebowskiOpinion

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's almost as if I have a reason for my opinion, perhaps some sort of first hand knowledge or something. Who knows though.
I'm sure we'd all like your video driving the new Bronco showing why you can't drive it with just the front sections attached, please share.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Based on this, I wouldn't drive it with the rear section on. The three latches on the rear portion of the second panel all attach to the main section over the cargo area, not the roll bar. Might get a little flappy back there.
Ford Bronco Modular Hard Top question 1597080777452

*I'd also listen to BroncoGuy. He knows that of which he speaks.

djwaly97

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Based on the videos and photos released today, I don’t see much value on the modular hardtop - on a 4 door at least.

Why would I need to take out 2 tiny cargo windows? Please let me know if I’m missing something.

I can always just take the entire top off.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Based on the videos and photos released today, I don’t see much value on the modular hardtop - on a 4 door at least.

Why would I need to take out 2 tiny cargo windows? Please let me know if I’m missing something.

Airflow is all I can think of. It should mimic having the rear window open in that regard. I was hoping the whole side came off, leaving just the roof. Maybe that’s what they wanted too and this was the compromise. Little windows that come off.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have shared. As I said, the rear of the panels seat into the main section. Also, the panels do not latch together, only overlap down the center. Based on those observations, I would say that you would have issues with stability at higher speeds.
I would agree if the panels were very flimsy plastic, but they appear quite substantial, so I'm feeling pretty sure the front and side latches are plenty to keep them secure.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Those 2 windows would provide a lot of ventilation and removable in less than 2 minutes as opposed to taking the roof completely off in perhaps 20 minutes. Then, what do you do if it rains? You won't have the top with you, but the windows would be stored in the vehicle.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One negative to the removable glass is that glass gets hot. Like really really hot. Might need some oven mitts to keep from burning your fingers and dropping the glass.
Sponsored