Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I initially thought that they designed these interiors, like they were kids trying to prove themselves. Then, when I watched the Bronco Nation video -- interior walk-through (both YouTube and also posted here, on 6g), I found out that the Interior Design Manager appears to be a young woman, from BN, that has no comprehension that we would expect a Manly Man (Saturday Night Live sketches) Bronco... and not a Girly Man interior.
Like to see the demographics of the Bronco focus groups
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a little love for us non-FE folks would be appreciated. many of us live in sunny hot places and would love a lighter color interior other than ONYX (and the white hard top would also really help keep temperature under control)

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When your best interior is the cloth and/or vinyl interior on a 15 year project...:unsure:

This is the bottom of the 8th inning, and I don't see any interior changes happening for 2021 models.

I guess what's really sad, is the CEO of Bronco is acting suprised, and no one on his 15 year Bronco project informed him the interiors were sub-optimal.
This is who ok'd the interiors.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When your best interior is the cloth and/or vinyl interior on a 15 year project...:unsure:

This is the bottom of the 8th inning, and I don't see any interior changes happening for 2021 models.

I guess what's really sad, is the CEO of Bronco is acting suprised, and no one on his 15 year Bronco project informed him the interiors were sub-optimal.
I'm afraid that you're right! The colors and materials for these interiors have probably been purchased already... for many months. The contracted vendors have likely already contracted suppliers to dye and finish the surfaces of the materials, and it's likely that many of the interiors have already been cut (at the very least) and possibly sewn, to await final installation on the seats and accessories panels!

Sponsored
OP
OP
deejay08

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a little love for us non-FE folks would be appreciated. many of us live in sunny hot places and would love a lighter color interior other than ONYX (and the white hard top would also really help keep temperature under control)
yep! I'd go white top, light vinyl all day to keep temps cooler. Seems obvious and it's sad they didn't put more time and effort into making this happen. They still have time to change the interior so let's see.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I initially thought that they designed these interiors, like they were kids trying to prove themselves. Then, when I watched the Bronco Nation video -- interior walk-through (both YouTube and also posted here, on 6g), I found out that the Interior Design Manager appears to be a young woman, from BN, that has no comprehension that we would expect a Manly Man (Saturday Night Live sketches) Bronco... and not a Girly Man interior.
I thought the same thing…it looks like she is barely out of high school.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like to see the demographics of the Bronco focus groups
The roll-out video for interiors is on bronco6g and on YouTube. The Design Manager is the presenter.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

do y’all really think they’ll add a new interior? when we asked for green they gave us a damn concept vehicle that we can’t purchase. so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'd be nice, but doubt anything for MY21 at least.....

He probably blocked all those dudes on Twitter right after (if that's a thing you can do). I suspect they don't use random twitter complaints for major design changes after doing their own focus groups, etc for months/years.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm not sure about amazing. It's quite shocking actually.

The better question is why didn't Ford solicit feedback prior to releasing some of these god awful and limited options.
Because, they have only been working on this vehicle for a year in actuality. All of this screams of night-before-the-science-fair project planning. There is absolutely no way they have been working on this for 4-5 years. No. Way.

cball823

First Edition
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I added on to the tweet thread to support other FE reservation holders. I don’t want that navy pier either.

OP
OP
deejay08

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

do y’all really think they’ll add a new interior? when we asked for green they gave us a damn concept vehicle that we can’t purchase. so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
Yes they could do this for sure. think about how many FORD vehicles are produced right now across all models/trims and how many have a standard black option. The # of bronco seats made vs. the rest of Fords line up is tiny. They could find the bandwidth somehow. They could do it, It might a serious pain in the ASS to do it, but will they is the real question. How much do they care about their customers.
Sponsored