Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same here:

Our 2021 First Edition 4dr Bronco was finally delivered to our dealership on 11/16/2021 after sitting on Dirt Mountain waiting on a replacement MIC Top since it’s production date of 08/09/2021.

Finally, after months of delays, waiting and waiting, the MIC top was replaced and it finally shipped on 11/02/202 arriving at the dealership on 11/16/2021

We arrived at the dealer on 11/17/2021 to pick up the Bronco and were completing the paperwork only to find out there was a recall for the passenger airbag. Not a problem, send the vehicle over to service and replace the airbag and it will be ready the following day.

Received a call the next day with “We have a Problem” We can’t fix the airbag because Ford has not distributed a resolution to the dealers on how to fix. To add salt to the situation the vehicle can not be released with a recall! (Demonstration/Delivery HOLD)

See attached Ford OASIS Dealer Notification

The recall was issued on October 4th 2021. Why would Ford ship a vehicle with a recall to a dealer when they do not have a fix? Why not hold it and fix it at the manufacturer?

There is a mention that notifications will be mailed out Nov 15th to registered owners but that was from Oct 7th (Attached)

To make maters worse, this Bronco is for my wife so guess who is taking the brunt of the complaints..........

This is beyond frustrating!!! Ford needs to get their act together!
Sponsored

Attachments

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same here:

Our 2021 First Edition 4dr Bronco was finally delivered to our dealership on 11/16/2021 after sitting on Dirt Mountain waiting on a replacement MIC Top since it’s production date of 08/09/2021.

Finally, after months of delays, waiting and waiting, the MIC top was replaced and it finally shipped on 11/02/202 arriving at the dealership on 11/16/2021

We arrived at the dealer on 11/17/2021 to pick up the Bronco and were completing the paperwork only to find out there was a recall for the passenger airbag. Not a problem, send the vehicle over to service and replace the airbag and it will be ready the following day.

Received a call the next day with “We have a Problem” We can’t fix the airbag because Ford has not distributed a resolution to the dealers on how to fix. To add salt to the situation the vehicle can not be released with a recall! (Demonstration/Delivery HOLD)

See attached Ford OASIS Dealer Notification

The recall was issued on October 4th 2021. Why would Ford ship a vehicle with a recall to a dealer when they do not have a fix? Why not hold it and fix it at the manufacturer?

There is a mention that notifications will be mailed out Nov 15th to registered owners but that was from Oct 7th (Attached)

To make maters worse, this Bronco is for my wife so guess who is taking the brunt of the complaints..........

This is beyond frustrating!!! Ford needs to get their act together!

So the dealership had you filling out the paperwork without telling you about the recall first? That's shady AF, like they didn't already know it had an open recall. I am calling BS on that, it's the first thing they would have known about it. That's shady...

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My airbag recall is bad enough but i took a good look at my Bronco and all five wheels are damaged. When I pointed the wheels out my dealer he just shook his head and walked off. I have called ford so many times they are ghosting me now.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the dealership had you filling out the paperwork without telling you about the recall first? That's shady AF, like they didn't already know it had an open recall. I am calling BS on that, it's the first thing they would have known about it. That's shady...
It is pretty wierd that neither the owner nor the dealer knew about the airbag recall ahead of time. And the "fix" from Ford was supposed to have gone out by mid-november. It is a complicated process, involving the NHTSA.

By the way, this vehicle's top exoskeleton tubes are chock full of airbag after airbag, 3-4 per side, one after another starting at the windshield where the handhold would be. In addition to the good-old-fashioned glove box & steering wheel airbags. And none, of course, in the removable doors.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Talked to Ford today, no hope till Feb or so. Everybody needs to call Ford Service and give them hell! they keep trying to blame the dealership

Sponsored

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Talked to Ford today, no hope till Feb or so. Everybody needs to call Ford Service and give them hell! they keep trying to blame the dealership
I talked to Ford today, and they just kept saying Covid, supply chain, blah blah blah. They told you February??????

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I talked to Ford today, and they just kept saying Covid, supply chain, blah blah blah. They told you February??????
What they said. Offered to take it back and build me a new on lol

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I talked to them on Tuesday as well. They hung up on me once and the second time they said a supervisor will email or call me. They have said that before and still no communication from Ford at all on this issue.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fact that replacing the airbag is a several month delay seems pretty retarded, there has to be some kind of sensible explanation for why 553 airbags can't be replaced in short order. I hate to say this, but they actually did a far better job of resolving the MIC top issue which was a much larger number of vehicles and wasn't a simple plug n play replacement.

Do you think that @Ford Motor Company can tell us why?

Here's your opportunity to shine, help us understand why there is no solution in sight?

BernieB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is garbage. Complete shit.

My rig was built on 8/2. Sat there 2 months awaiting a new top. Shipped to the dealership where I was informed of the recall. That was the 1st week of October.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fact that replacing the airbag is a several month delay seems pretty retarded, there has to be some kind of sensible explanation for why 553 airbags can't be replaced in short order. I hate to say this, but they actually did a far better job of resolving the MIC top issue which was a much larger number of vehicles and wasn't a simple plug n play replacement.

Do you think that @Ford Motor Company can tell us why?

Here's your opportunity to shine, help us understand why there is no solution in sight?

I guess that they decided that they didn't want to shine...
Sponsored