First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I picked up my Bronco (2-door, MIC top) I was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was even at highway speeds considering how much I had read about how noisy they were. After I got my windows tinted the wind noise around the front windows increased quite a bit. Anyone else have a similar experience? Did you do anything about it?
Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably just need to relearn the windows, maybe tint causing a little extra friction and now not closing as tight. Can't imagine the tint itself is causing the noise, lol. Got mine tinted, didn't notice any change

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could it just be windier where you live since you had it tinted?

It's very windy here this time of year, and I noticed no difference after having it tinted. It sure gets loud over 60 mph, but I knew what I was getting from previous Jeep experience.

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have tint on my bronco but the same thing happened on my Tesla (also has frameless windows) and for whatever reason the tinted windows werent sealing well and you could hear air getting through at 70+. Cut the tint back 1/4 inch (still hidden when the window is up) and it fixed it.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They probably took it for a spin at 112mph.

Sponsored

Jtbob3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t say for sure but mine seems noisier after tint as well. I’m going to try relearning the windows.

Rossel

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, C8 Corvette, Road King
Your Bronco Model
Base
My problem. I have window tinting, but do t think that is the problem. In strong winds or a semi passing pushing a lot of wind,the drivers window pops out of the seal creating air to enter the Bronco. Putting window down and up doesn't help. I have to stop, do a relearn of window with the door open to get it to seal again.

martinjv71

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Come on people that’s another layer of window tint is not going to cause the windows to not close all the way. If anything, it’s going to create a little bit more shield because now it’s thicker and putting more pressure against the window seal. The window tint is such a thin film. It’s not going to alter anything. I have mine tinted and everything it’s absolutely fine.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My window tint gave me +10HP!

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had full ceramic put on, all windows except windshield. No extra noise. Shouldn’t be happening from the tint. If there is noise try checking if the window isn’t closing all the way. There are youtube videos on how to reset the windows.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Come on people that’s another layer of window tint is not going to cause the windows to not close all the way. If anything, it’s going to create a little bit more shield because now it’s thicker and putting more pressure against the window seal. The window tint is such a thin film. It’s not going to alter anything. I have mine tinted and everything it’s absolutely fine.
This is my thought too - could the shop have gotten the window out of alignment when they applied the film? I don't know what's actually involved in tinting.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe check your window adjustment at the bottom of the doors. Pull the rubber plugs and use 10mm socket to loosen the bolts and push as far as you can to the outside of the vehicle with the window rolled down.
Sponsored