Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting for Milestar to finally release A/T Pro's in 315's.

One of the vendors on here (wish I could remember who), said the 315's should drop this winter.
The 315’s are LIGHT! I’d like to try them
Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Toyos are a trash tire and I genuinely don't understand why they are so widely seen as good.
I feel this way about Ridge Grapplers. I had them on a Ram 1500 with limited slip diff and they were terrible in the rain. I would often put it in 4H on slight inclines just to avoid spinning. 4wd in snow and ice was ok but I never felt like it was unstoppable like it should have been for the conditions.

I had the Toyo AT3 on 4 Runner and they were great in the rain. I drove it in 2wd in 3 inches of snow and they were good as long as I didn't get heavy footed. 4wd, good.

My old Bronco Sport Badlands with factory Wildpeak tires was better than either of those two. FWD, does have advantages though.

My 22 Badlands, the SAS tires are just great in rain and snow and ice. 4A works amazingly well. This road is all ice with a little snow on top.

Ford Bronco Most aggressive 3 peak rated 35 or 315 tire 20221222_225608

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel this way about Ridge Grapplers. I had them on a Ram 1500 with limited slip diff and they were terrible in the rain. I would often put it in 4H on slight inclines just to avoid spinning. 4wd in snow and ice was ok but I never felt like it was unstoppable like it should have been for the conditions.

I've been saying that for years about the Ridge Grapplers (even though everyone seems to love them). Had a set on the wife's Jeep and you couldn't go around a turn slow enough without the ass end sliding in the rain. Couldn't start from a stop without spinning the tires. I will never get another set of Grapplers because of that. Even in the snow I felt they were sketchy. Unless they changed them in the last couple of years, I feel that they are complete garbage on wet roads.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nitto and Toyo use a harder compound that does not work as well in the cold. The trade off is you will get more life out of the tires. Big part of tires is the actual rubber, and the reason cooper/goodyear/mickey thompson tires are so good in winter.

I have a set of Falken Wildpeaks AT3 that are a fantastic tire but are getting harder with time. No issues yet but at 4-5 years they are definitely not the same performance even with 70% tread(45k miles on them lol). Like stated earlier my delium tires are very good for pennies on the dollar. I will put them on my f150 to replace my Falkens AT3 when its time. When I bought my Falkens they where hundreds of dollars less than other brands(like half the price of bfg).

Then trying to beat the factory SAS tires in winter is going to be an issue, not many tires are actually going to be better in rain, ice and snow. Your only gaining in more tread and fresher rubber. Your also getting a bigger tire with a true 315/70r17 which also decreases the winter performance as wider tires tend to hydroplane/float more.

I will say that you need 37x12.5r17 because they fit with mild modification.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nitto and Toyo use a harder compound that does not work as well in the cold. The trade off is you will get more life out of the tires. Big part of tires is the actual rubber, and the reason cooper/goodyear/mickey thompson tires are so good in winter.

I have a set of Falken Wildpeaks AT3 that are a fantastic tire but are getting harder with time. No issues yet but at 4-5 years they are definitely not the same performance even with 70% tread(45k miles on them lol). Like stated earlier my delium tires are very good for pennies on the dollar. I will put them on my f150 to replace my Falkens AT3 when its time. When I bought my Falkens they where hundreds of dollars less than other brands(like half the price of bfg).

Then trying to beat the factory SAS tires in winter is going to be an issue, not many tires are actually going to be better in rain, ice and snow. Your only gaining in more tread and fresher rubber. Your also getting a bigger tire with a true 315/70r17 which also decreases the winter performance as wider tires tend to hydroplane/float more.

I will say that you need 37x12.5r17 because they fit with mild modification.
Trust me.. 37s are a siren song..

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the second time Ive seen you have issues with the Toyo AT3. Being a highly rated tire, I am surprised to hear this.

Ive had this tire on Broncos and Pickups and love them down here with very wet driving in Florida. No problems.

Are you running a high tire pressure maybe? Smaller contact patch? Just thinking out loud.

Love your list of vehicles you have by the way.
@HoosierDaddy wouldn't use Toyos for a tire swing :LOL:

At this point I can't believe someone hasn't reach out to you for a free replacement set to buy your silence lol. I've had a great experience with the AT3 but understand it could be in totally different use cases.

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've never been a fan of Nitto's. I feel like the love for the Ridge Grapplers lays with the offroading crowd. They seem to be great on hot rocks.

I know they arent exactly aggressive but I have been impressed with the BFG KO2. I know its a boring pick since they come stock and everyone runs them but they work. I dont feel like they are great at anything but they are good at everything. I've had them on my 2018 Raptor, 2023 F150 Raptor (37's), and now the Bronco Raptor (37's). The ride is great, they do well in the snow, iffy in the rain if its a light pour. They definitely like to chirp on dry pavement in a turn but that might just be my leadfoot.

Been tempted by Falken a few times but haven't bit yet. Maybe one of you can convert me.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking not to give up snow/rain traction but get something more aggressive than stock, something close to SAS sizing on a 17” rim

got any suggestions?
I believe the duratracs are three peak rated and almost a mud tire, so that's probably the one of the most aggressive three peak treads you can get.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@AK SNO RIDER @Hoosier.Bronco

This has a nice comparison between Toyo and Mickey T. If I was to do it over…I’d go with the Baja Boss. Next round…

Though, my Toyo AT3 that is C rated states that the sidewall is 3 ply.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks fantastic! Have the same offset wheel and am looking to size up on tires. Do you have any lift or rubbing?
No lift and no rubbing. Obviously had to take out the crash bars, though. I haven't seen what happens if I fully articulate it but I think I've seen people with the same specs and they didn't have issues.

Here's another pic:

Ford Bronco Most aggressive 3 peak rated 35 or 315 tire Bronco August 2023 0089
Sponsored