First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered the studded version in the 285. Best winter tires period. Maybe blizzaks but LT3 is a gravel/off-road resistant winter tire.

Ukraine war has disrupted Nokian so I am pretty sure we won’t see very many LT3s non-studded for a bit.
Sponsored

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to learn to ignore the 3PMSF symbol, it is essentially meaningless.
My Toyo’s have it and are the worst tire I have ever had for rain and winter.

There are tires that do not have it that will outperform those with it.

Look for real world testing.

fwiw, even the best AT (or whatever) will look foolish against an actual winter tire when put to use.
yep, I think 3PMSF is awarded to tires that beat an old all-season tire in acceleration in a straight line… just marketing to swindle people who don’t know better.

I wish there were more details about the rubber used. Like temperature ratings, silica %, etc.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm guessing the MT Baja Boss AT is probably as aggressive as you are going to find in a 3 peak rated tire. At least it seems that way from my research on the available 3 peak tires.
I agree. These tires have been great.

Ford Bronco Most aggressive 3 peak rated 35 or 315 tire IMG_5678

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My cheapy tires have been killing it! Been very happy with the cold weather performance and they should be even better this winter with how the sipping is wearing. I have managed to start rounding off the lugs but I am definitely going to get 3 years before they rock rash out. In 5k miles I am at 16/32" from 18/32" so wear has been acceptable.

Set of 5 35x12.5r17 Delium A/T $1225 the 37S Are only a few $100 dollar bills more!

Ford Bronco Most aggressive 3 peak rated 35 or 315 tire 1699288627952

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep, I think 3PMSF is awarded to tires that beat an old all-season tire in acceleration in a straight line… just marketing to swindle people who don’t know better.

I wish there were more details about the rubber used. Like temperature ratings, silica %, etc.

Yeah, I get that some people need that rating for various approvals, but it is still worthless as a guarantee if you are looking for actual performance.
But hey, the govt says it's good 👍!

Sponsored

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I get that some people need that rating for various approvals, but it is still worthless as a guarantee if you are looking for actual performance.
But hey, the govt says it's good 👍!
I think you mean the govt approved what I am sure the tire industry lobbies for haha.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm waiting for Milestar to finally release A/T Pro's in 315's.

One of the vendors on here (wish I could remember who), said the 315's should drop this winter.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are a great winter tire, but I would not want to use them as an all around tire. I think the Falken AT3's are a much better all around tire that work extremely well in the winter months. I know, as I drive in winter snow for a solid three months every year.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my Cooper AT3 XLT light weight, aggressive, snow rated, 60,000 warranty, quiet, perform well. I put them on my Bronco and love them, so just changed out the tires on my lifted third gen Tacoma and put them on there and they are great. I like them way better than the Toyota AT3s. Won't buy the Toyo's again now that I'm using these Coopers.😎

Barbeau

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner MT SR5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nitto makes several versions of the Grappler line of tires (varying aggressiveness) Had them on my 4wd Excursion and they were great long lasting reasonably priced tires. That being said I haven’t had them in snow.
i know basically nothing about anything, but i have 18” rims with nitto ridge grapplers and was worried about road noise and general jackassery and have been pleasantly surprised about how quiet and reasonable they are, yet seem to have no trouble on any surface i’ve encountered. which honestly isn’t much more than a gravel road maybe an offroad campsite so far. but, i feel way more confident than i have in any other of the vehicles i've taken into the woods over the past 30 years.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is the second time Ive seen you have issues with the Toyo AT3. Being a highly rated tire, I am surprised to hear this.

Ive had this tire on Broncos and Pickups and love them down here with very wet driving in Florida. No problems.

Are you running a high tire pressure maybe? Smaller contact patch? Just thinking out loud.

Love your list of vehicles you have by the way.
Toyos are a trash tire and I genuinely don't understand why they are so widely seen as good.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Falken Wildpeak AT3W is great. They're much heavier than Stock Goodyears, though.

Here's mine at 315/70/17 with 17x8.5 0 offset wheels. Non squatch Badlands.

Ford Bronco Most aggressive 3 peak rated 35 or 315 tire 1699288627952
Looks fantastic! Have the same offset wheel and am looking to size up on tires. Do you have any lift or rubbing?