First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Vinyl is actually pretty durable and even if it gets messed up, it's cheap. My last Jeep had a full wrap, was used almost exclusively off-road and never had any issues except where I actually dragged it on a boulder. I think most are missing the joke though. I don't give 2 craps about rock chips, I was just making fun of everyone constantly talking about mud flaps for an off-road vehicle. Damage comes with the territory as far as I'm concerned.

Ford Bronco Mud flaps are ugly, so I went another direction with vinyl wrap protection 1676047603757
PREACH 😜

Sponsored
OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thinking of something similar, mind saying how much it ran ya?
thanks
If you're asking me about the vinyl, the material was about $400, but i bought way too much.

BigBaseJake

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought this thing to go camping and 4 wheeling, so in reality I care very little about rock chips, however I think multiple layers of vinyl wrap will probably help anyways. Even if that wasn't the original intent.

Ford Bronco Mud flaps are ugly, so I went another direction with vinyl wrap protection 1676047603757

That came out great. Been looking for something clean like this on my 2 door Carb Grey.

Did you end up doing it yourself or outsource?

Thanks, TEAM 2DR!

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FINALLY someone said it! Mud flaps kill the look of anything IMO. I sort of get it with the northern folks with salt and snow...sort of, but man they are fugly IMO.

To each their own but I think they kill the look of anything, especially the Bronco. "Here, here's some square rubber or plastic to slap on a rounded body". I'm waiting for someone to show their Yosemite Sam "BACK OFF" guns up ones, come on, you know you're out there lol.
Agree 100% that mudflaps look like shit, but if they have Yosemite Sam on them, that could be the exception. Or Trucker girls.
s-l300.jpg

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought this thing to go camping and 4 wheeling, so in reality I care very little about rock chips, however I think multiple layers of vinyl wrap will probably help anyways. Even if that wasn't the original intent.

Ford Bronco Mud flaps are ugly, so I went another direction with vinyl wrap protection s-l300

Ford Bronco Mud flaps are ugly, so I went another direction with vinyl wrap protection s-l300

"Didn't like look if mud flaps so I spent a LOT more and got a wrap"

Makes sense. Looks great though.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How well does the vinyl stop those goodyears from yeeting rocks into other people's windshields?
Who cares?
I guess that means you don't ever pass anyone then? Because anyone that's ever driven before knows you can get rock chips from a car just passing you in the left lane.

Or is that another "them" problem for driving too slow? :unsure:
Yes.

OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"Didn't like look if mud flaps so I spent a LOT more and got a wrap"

Makes sense. Looks great though.
Judging by what I've seen people spending on mud flaps I might have saved money. And i don't have hideous rubber appendages that will just get ripped off on the trail.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Judging by what I've seen people spending on mud flaps I might have saved money. And i don't have hideous rubber appendages that will just get ripped off on the trail.
Agree.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have never understood the mudflap obsession on this board. I think you may have hurt some mudflapper feelings with this thread though.

OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have never understood the mudflap obsession on this board. I think you may have hurt some mudflapper feelings with this thread though.
Oh I think I hurt a lot of tiny flapper feelings, and I'm not sad about it.
Sponsored