First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe they’re designed by the same guy. I don’t remember the entire story now but the gist is one guy has designed many of the high end tires out there and that’s why you see such similarities between many popular tires.

Tire weight is about 75lb per tire for 37s.

These tires can be found for quite a bit cheaper, although they are going up in price as they catch on.
Makes sense. That isn't very heavy for a 37 compared to most 35's in an MT. Txs.
Sponsored

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tires are so personal... I consult at a medium volume off road shop that specializes in Jeep and Raptor builds. We do a LOT of tires... The number 1 tire that comes back for balance issues or radial tire pull is the Toyo MT. We just don't install them any more. Number 2 is the Goodyear MT/R, horrible tires.

Our number 1, never have a problem and perform excellent mud terrain is the Falken MT. We do a fair amount of BFG's too, not much trouble, but very expensive. For the more aggressive offroad applications we use the Nitto Trail Grappler.

Something funny, I have Patagonia's on all my rigs and have had great luck and excellent mileage out of them. However,many people have many different experiences with them, so I will only say they are good for some and not for others.

Mine? perfect wear at 25,000 miles and stil 10/32's left.

tire wear.jpg
Any experience with Cooper STT Pro's? I ran them on another vehicle for a brief period before selling, but liked them while I had it. Considering a set for when my Bronco finally arrives...

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any experience with Cooper STT Pro's? I ran them on another vehicle for a brief period before selling, but liked them while I had it. Considering a set for when my Bronco finally arrives...
Yes, it's a good tire, never had any issues with any we sold. My personal experience was that the sidewall was a bit stiffer than some comparable tires. I found they rode a little rough... Like when running over a quarter you could tell if it was heads or tails... Well ok, not that bad. But that was my exerience with them. If I was going to do a Cooper, I would do the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T, basically the same carcass with a slightly different tread design. A little quieter and a little smoother.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on my past experiences with BFG KM2s, if I were currently in the tire market I would be putting the KM3s on. The KM2 tires on a JK were quiet, got excellent mileage out of them, cleared easily, and never left me disappointed.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big difference between the Toyo and Yokohama is the tire compound with the Toyo being substantially harder. I am runny some cheap Goodyear made tires currently under the Kelly MT tire banner and use to be the Kelly TSR. My Kelly tires have been pretty good in the mud and fantastic on the pavement. If they made Kelly MT in a 37 I wouldn't be drooling over the Yokohama G003 in a 37.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tires are so personal... I consult at a medium volume off road shop that specializes in Jeep and Raptor builds. We do a LOT of tires... The number 1 tire that comes back for balance issues or radial tire pull is the Toyo MT. We just don't install them any more. Number 2 is the Goodyear MT/R, horrible tires.

Our number 1, never have a problem and perform excellent mud terrain is the Falken MT. We do a fair amount of BFG's too, not much trouble, but very expensive. For the more aggressive offroad applications we use the Nitto Trail Grappler.

Something funny, I have Patagonia's on all my rigs and have had great luck and excellent mileage out of them. However,many people have many different experiences with them, so I will only say they are good for some and not for others.

Mine? perfect wear at 25,000 miles and stil 10/32's left.

tire wear.jpg
G003 or G005 yoko mt?

Last edited:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Toyo mud terrains are the best in the business. I pulled a ups truck out of the mud with them in my raptor just the other day. And sometimes. No matter how good the tire is. You just get stuck lol

1C593F44-5B58-4E3E-9062-B1C6317F3D8C.jpeg
🤣 best answer here!

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve used Nitto, Khumo, and Gladiator X comp. Nittos were terrible also a sister comoany to Toyo I wouldn’t touch either. Terrible to balance chunked on rocks and barely got 20k miles before they were all dry rotting through the treads. The Khumo were cheap, but directional tread suck to rotate got almost 35k out of those. The new kid on the block Gladiator MT xcomps hands down best tire I’ve used, crazy grip, sling mud easy, and nearly indestructible. Also BFG while expensive come at a premium being just about the best tire you can buy and usually lighter weight then say a Nittor/Toyo which seem to run on the heavier side.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
G003 or G005 toyo mt?
The G003 Yokohama is also a good tire, not as quiet and smooth as the Falken M/T, but no specific issues. I haven't been able to sell ayone on the G005 as hard as I've tried. No experience with it, but I'd love to put a set on and see how they do.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The G003 Yokohama is also a good tire, not as quiet and smooth as the Falken M/T, but no specific issues. I haven't been able to sell ayone on the G005 as hard as I've tried. No experience with it, but I'd love to put a set on and see how they do.
I run g005 that’s why I was asking

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ah, they sure look cool... And with those large tread voids, I would expect them to do well in mud and in the rocks we have here in AZ.

Your experience has been good?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, they sure look cool... And with those large tread voids, I would expect them to do well in mud and in the rocks we have here in AZ.

Your experience has been good?
So fat
Rain and pavement
2500 miles
I may take them out in two weeks or so

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Firestone Destination M/T2

(Although, good luck finding them in stock almost anywhere in a 17. Bridgestone is having a heck of a time manufacturing them.)

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easily one of the best-looking MT tires out there right now.
I was all in on getting a set in 37", but found a deal I could not pass up on some Nitto Ridge Grapplers, so thus I remain in the 35" tire camp for a while.

It was a hard decision between those and the MT Baja Boss. But I ended up with neither for (hopefully) the next 40K miles or more.
Or If I get crazy and just sell these at some point because I can't kick the temptation of the extra height and fun of the 37...
Sponsored