Sponsored

My dealer says Bronco order banks will not be opening until 2024 MY.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The silence is deafening, but I have a feeling that if there are still parts constraints for certain models we will see a 2023.5 M.Y around the same time we saw the 2022.5 M.Y this year. It would give current order holders a chance to adjust in case there is anything removed or tweaked to keep the production line moving.

The G6 Ranger is 'supposed' to start production mid-2023 and if they still plan on staying course with that, I'm betting there will be more 'adjustments' to offset any possible shortages in common parts/components that it and the Bronco would share.

It's pure speculation on my part, but I suspect the removal of the subwoofer from the non-B&O sound systems is because it's 'one of those shared components'.

/tinfoil hat
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The silence is deafening, but I have a feeling that if there are still parts constraints for certain models we will see a 2023.5 M.Y around the same time we saw the 2022.5 M.Y this year. It would give current order holders a chance to adjust in case there is anything removed or tweaked to keep the production line moving.

The G6 Ranger is 'supposed' to start production mid-2023 and if they still plan on staying course with that, I'm betting there will be more 'adjustments' to offset any possible shortages in common parts/components that it and the Bronco would share.

It's pure speculation on my part, but I suspect the removal of the subwoofer from the non-B&O sound systems is because it's 'one of those shared components'.

/tinfoil hat
Didn’t they calculate that Granger orders might be completed after the G7 Bronco comes out?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Didn’t they calculate that Granger orders might be completed after the G7 Bronco comes out?
Well, I'm one of those Grange-tober reservation holders. I'm not expecting my order to be pulled until MY'25. I'm sure PP will be a distant memory.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'm one of those Grange-tober reservation holders. I'm not expecting my order to be pulled until MY'25. I'm sure PP will be a distant memory.
Once you’ve lost PP then there’s no point sticking with Granger.

If I were Granger I’d work with Ford and find a way to move the orders to another dealer with higher allocations. Because you know Ford won’t give them the allocations needed.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been waiting since 7/18/2020 on a 2 door BadSas, high, 2.7l, tow pkg. I’ve been PC 10 the whole time. If I get built this year, great. If not, I was told I’m next in line for a Braptor allocation (2024) if I get pushed again. I would gladly give up my 2 dr for a Braptor

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once you’ve lost PP then there’s no point sticking with Granger.

If I were Granger I’d work with Ford and find a way to move the orders to another dealer with higher allocations. Because you know Ford won’t give them the allocations needed.
Yeah, Ford won't move the orders. There was a long thread back in October '21 when Levine stated that you could do so with exactly 0 people able to move it - some 30+ pages of testimony negating what Levine said. I saw the long wait and felt it was untenable to wait 5+ years from reservation. So I placed a brand new order in December '21 (after trying to move my reservation order). 6 weeks later I had a VIN and my 2dr Black Diamond is parked in my garage. The timing with Granger is now perfect for me. My Black Diamond is paid off and I look forward to buying my 7G Bronco at $2K below invoice.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, Ford won't move the orders. There was a long thread back in October '21 when Levine stated that you could do so with exactly 0 people able to move it - some 30+ pages of testimony negating what Levine said. I saw the long wait and felt it was untenable to wait 5+ years from reservation. So I placed a brand new order in December '21 (after trying to move my reservation order). 6 weeks later I had a VIN and my 2dr Black Diamond is parked in my garage. The timing with Granger is now perfect for me. My Black Diamond is paid off and I look forward to buying my 7G Bronco at $2K below invoice.
I never understood why these long termers just didn't reorder in late 21 early 22. Now they're stuck with not much chance of that option till 24 orders start. You did the right thing.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I 'think' it was guesstimated to be late 2025 M.Y if allocations given to them stayed near their current rate give or take.

I'm sitting in the 150's, but may move up a little once the 30 allocations they just got get assigned. Since I'm a 2Dr, I have little faith in that I'll see it next year, though stranger things have happened.

I hate to say this, but I think part of the 30 allocations that they just received were to balance out from what they got so far this year. I think they got 27 VINs assigned the first couple months of the 2023 order banks and 5 allocations for Dec.

If you look at the math, that's 14 a month for the first couple months. Now take 10 from the 30 they just got and add it to Dec and you get an average of roughly 15 per month.

I think Zach had mentioned a while back he figured roughly 15 allocations a month, give or take a couple here or there.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could I even get a base manual? And if those are rare won't they then be marked up with ADM?
Yes. A lot of us ordered 2-door Base Manuals. Mine took 19 months from a "top 100" large dealer.

And when we checked dealer acution prices last month, a 2-door base with manual and nothing else was auctioning for $44k

Would Ford even bother building any manuals when they can sell every auto they can build?
Probably not, because Ford hates manuals, but my dealer does have two Mustang GTs on the lot with stick-shifts.

But Ford prommised a lot of things, and lied about most of them, starting with "build in order".

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was in having a routine service done and my dealer also reported to me they were told the banks would not open for ‘23. Sounds like a reoccurring theme.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never understood why these long termers just didn't reorder in late 21 early 22. Now they're stuck with not much chance of that option till 24 orders start. You did the right thing.
I don't understand why so many people have over paid for their bronco, talk about taking a loss. If reservation holders "just re-ordered" they lost a lot. I changed my reservation to Granger before the first order banks opened because my local dealer said "we don't know what we are going to charge you".... my reaction was F' that; this from a dealer that sold everything at invoice. Even now everyone is running around saying paying MSRP is a "good deal"....well F' that. Mine is currently on the dealer lot and I'm paying 11.25% below sticker. That is why I did not just "re-order". Waiting 2.5 years was the only negative.

In a couple of years mine will be the same value as those that paid insane ADMs.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't understand why so many people have over paid for their bronco, talk about taking a loss. If reservation holders "just re-ordered" they lost a lot. I changed my reservation to Granger before the first order banks opened because my local dealer said "we don't know what we are going to charge you".... my reaction was F' that; this from a dealer that sold everything at invoice. Even now everyone is running around saying paying MSRP is a "good deal"....well F' that. Mine is currently on the dealer lot and I'm paying 11.25% below sticker. That is why I did not just "re-order". Waiting 2.5 years was the only negative.

In a couple of years mine will be the same value as those that paid insane ADMs.
Unless you’re paying cash a lot of those savings are getting wiped out with interest rates. My local dealer was MSRP no games or a huge line of orders.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you’re paying cash a lot of those savings are getting wiped out with interest rates. My local dealer was MSRP no games or a huge line of orders.
The good news about waiting so long--at least for me--is I was able to pay in cash.

Although I ended up taking out a loan anyway for the Bronco, and paid off my wife's vehicle instead. I knew the Bronco would hold it's value and it would be practically impossible to fall underwater on the loan. So it felt like a smarter decision to pay off her vehicle instead.

(There is also the honest truth that the Bronco is basically a giant toy for me, while my wife's vehicle is a much more of a necessity in her life... but don't tell her I said that.)

AwaitingOuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Platinum Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As of now the Bronco order banks are closed to all but prior order holders. I’ve heard rumors that Ford was going to open order banks up to all sometime in February-March. Today, my dealer told me that the Bronco order banks will not be opening until the
2024 MY.

Probably a good thing. Get everything caught up and then start fresh!
I think they are as in the dark as we are. I was at the local Ford dealer today to check out an OBX Sasquatch Hardtop and they said their regional rep said it would be open mid-January. All just rumors not worth placing bets on.
Sponsored