Sponsored

My dealer says Bronco order banks will not be opening until 2024 MY.

Jdmandtacos

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As of now the Bronco order banks are closed to all but prior order holders. I’ve heard rumors that Ford was going to open order banks up to all sometime in February-March. Today, my dealer told me that the Bronco order banks will not be opening until the
2024 MY.

Probably a good thing. Get everything caught up and then start fresh!
I hope that is, in fact the case and that all existing reservation holders are taken care of before opening to others. It does delay anyone who did not get on the bandwagon early, but Ford fulfilling existing reservations is much more important PR-wise and better for those still waiting after years.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeffp1108

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As someone with a 2 year old order, I'd rather see that than a 6 month old order of the same specs as mine get built.
ABSOLUTELY! I can’t even imagine having a 2+ yr old order and seeing short terms getting deliveries!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any reliable info concerning how many Broncos have been built and how many initial, as well as, remaining orders from reservations still exist? The only way they will not take any model year 23 Broncos orders is if the previous outstanding orders are in such an amount it will keep the assembly line running. Or the line will stay open building a boat load of Rangers.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone with a 2 year old order, I'd rather see that than a 6 month old order of the same specs as mine get built.
7\15\20 unfulfilled res here. I agree with you.

If Ford needs to keep the banks closed to ensure the prioritization of legacy orders with similar specs to allocated dealers...because their systems are as antiquated as Southwest's..so be it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be noted that Ford hasn't said officially either way. And I know that hasn't changed in the past week because Ford corporate is effectively shutdown this week

But yes... my guess based on what I know about the production schedule and component constraints is they aren't going to open it again until 2024MY. (Probably Aug/Sept 2023.)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jeffp1108

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

7\15\20 unfulfilled res here. I agree with you.

If Ford needs to keep the banks closed to ensure the prioritization of legacy orders with similar specs to allocated dealers...because their systems are as antiquated as Southwest's..so be it.
Mind if I ask what your order specs are?

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mind if I ask what your order specs are?
Badlands, SAS, Lux, 4dr. However, to be fair....I was in a holding pattern for the mod top. We will see when it gets built now that it is out of 99 status as Ford will not let me wait any longer for the top they announced on reveal day in July of 2020.

However my order was not picked up with the same exact build (down to the same color) and same dealer as @swooshdave and his was, with a res\order date later than mine.

So my confidence that Ford is going by priority of reservation within the framework of dealer allocations is very dubious.

OP
OP
Jeffp1108

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Badlands, SAS, Lux, 4dr. However, to be fair....I was in a holding pattern for the mod top. We will see when it gets built now that it is out of 99 status as Ford will not let me wait any longer for the top they announced on reveal day in July of 2020.

However my order was not picked up with the same exact build (down to the same color) and same dealer as @swooshdave and his was, with a res\order date later than mine.

So my confidence that Ford is going by priority of reservation within the framework of dealer allocations is very dubious.
Mine will be very similar. Badlands, Sasquatch, 4dr, MIC, Lux, Towing. 😬

HowieLong

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have inquired about new orders with several dealers. About half say they haven't heard any news and half stated they have been notified that there will be no new retail orders until MY2024. Here is one email I received from a dealer: "Unfortunately the order banks for the Ford Broncos are closed until they open up for the 2024 models." At first I was surprised that, if true, not all of the dealers would know this but then remembered that the whole process has been a cluster.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine will be very similar. Badlands, Sasquatch, 4dr, MIC, Lux, Towing. 😬
At the moment they only have spare production capacity for Big Bend and Outer Banks... so... if you aren't ordering one of those you should start preparing yourself for a 2024MY. (y)

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All I can say is they should leave them closed.

I have been though the gauntlet and still no Bronc.

2dr, base, squatch, 2.7. Dealers first order. Have seen MANY similar builds get built. My dealers other orders, all place after mine, have been built.

Last year I even had COVP, approved by Ford, and still did not get built. Ford did build dealer's orders, even the ones placed after my COVP last year.

I am at a small dealer, not the big discount ones, Granger, Steven's, etc.

Leave the blanks closed until you schedule all unbuilt orders.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great news if true but I have no faith in what the stealer is saying.

My Dealer Said, Drink! 🍻
All I hear when reading " my dealer said" is "My Mama, My Mama said....."

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It sucks for people who want to put in new Bronco orders but Ford needs to focus on all of us with existing orders. They need to throw out dealer allocations and take as much time as needed fulfilling the existing orders before they worry about taking new ones. Maverick orders banks are shut down till the 24MY.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Numbers I have found show about 31,550 built this year and about 9500 last year. Still must be A TON of back orders waiting that would keep the assembly line moving until next year, I would think.

https://carfigures.com/us-market-brand/ford/bronco
This linked article claims Ford has sold 121,000 plus Broncos. How many of those were reservation converted to orders isn’t stated.
Sponsored