Sponsored

My dealer says Bronco order banks will not be opening until 2024 MY.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it does. I guess my mistake was using the word reservation. Was worried for you that you were in a dealer's desk about to be put into file 13. Happy for you.
Mine is currently freezing to death somewhere near the plant as they try to figure out how to ship what they’ve built.
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bright side of this, for current Bronco owners…. Is That the Value will stay High for a lot longer also?
I've been preaching this for almost two years. My PP/Private offer MY23 will be worth what a walk-in pays for same unit (abandon) sitting on the lot at a MY23 price, plus ADM. Add that for the last three model years production on all manufactures have been down and the used car market will have a large hole in it for a number of years.

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ahh this is insane, with respect to all those out there who have been waiting on their builds. I just missed the order banks last March. Then it was start of August, then end of August, then mid-September, then end of September, then November, then “possibly before Christmas,” then “ford will announce by end of Q4” and now this. I really do want a Bronco but if this is what it’s like pre-ordering, then I’ve way underestimated what everyone else is going through who DO have an order, and I’ve been reading these forums constantly.

This would be my first Ford and I’m honestly super super disappointed at what I’ve seen so far. Even if MY23 orders opened and they don’t have a schedule “start build” date for another 6 months, at least that’s SOME information. With Q4 ending tomorrow and then failing to honor an announcement by then, corporate closed this week (I’d assume) perhaps they’ll announce something in early January… one can hope.

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is currently freezing to death somewhere near the plant as they try to figure out how to ship what they’ve built.
Ah. Don’t worry friend ours will have some nice 50 degrees and thunderstorms to keep it company today. High five from another one probably parked in the same lost lot in the woods yours is. 👋

First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport badlands
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As of now the Bronco order banks are closed to all but prior order holders. I’ve heard rumors that Ford was going to open order banks up to all sometime in February-March. Today, my dealer told me that the Bronco order banks will not be opening until the
2024 MY.

Probably a good thing. Get everything caught up and then start fresh!
At this point it will speed up everything allowing people who are waiting hope thay there waiting will end before some else get there's that just ordered

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be clear… Ford would LOVE to sell people what they want, because people want the high-dollar Badlands and Wildtrak trims, which have the highest profit margin. They just don’t have the components to build those configurations right now.

What they don’t want to continue to play this infinite game of price protection they’ve created for themselves. It’s costing them $2000 - $4000 in profit per Bronco. And on top of that… it’s causing a customer service nightmare because apparently many dealers have the reading comprehension skills equal to that of a 3rd grader, and Ford’s own customer service representatives are wondering around in the abyss just making stuff up on-the-fly.

So it’s a good thing that order banks are closed. I’m hopeful I won’t have to make yet another price protection flowchart for 2024MY.
I assume you're talking about the email sent out from the sales reps with the attachment "National Controls Ford GFB (February 2023)? I assuming the dealer comments in the OPs first post is based on the side notes on EG, Base and BL optional wheels? I have not heard or seen anything official about no new scheduling but assume others have through the grapevine and is the only logical thing to do since we're still fighting commodity problems.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Dealer said". :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

But seriously it would not surprise me. They completely shut down Maverick order banks for a MY twice now. This and them upping allocations for dealers may actually lessen the backlog. Start fresh in MY 2024 and maybe things will finally normalize. Well as much as possible.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here’s the thing to remember. Not everyone had to have exactly what they thought they wanted. But the way they did it forced people into choosing a custom order.

I’m guessing someone at Ford was watching how Tesla would take reservations and thought Ford could do it as well as Tesla.

Take 180k reservations at $100 ea ($18M) and let’s say you can invest it for a couple points you might pocket $360k for “free”.

But to address your comments I’m going to be honest and say I didn’t try to think through every scenario but it’s at least on the surface far better than what actually happened.
The $100 was paid to your dealer, not Ford.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love all this heresy, speculation, theories, wild guesses, my neighbors uncle’s cousins best friend works for Ford and says, my dealer says, etc. I feel bad for you guys really, I do. Truth is most no one really knows what is going on behind the scenes. In the 500+ calls I made to find one, I got many many stories of what is going on. Truth is, most dealers don’t have a clue either. But, I will still put in an order for another Wildtrak when I can.

The Bright side of this, for current Bronco owners…. Is That the Value will stay High for a lot longer also?
The market is dropping a bit. But on marketplace there are a ton of Broncos for sale. Some reasonable, some questionable. I believe most of y’all could find what you wanted or better. But the hard headedness of having your own order is beating your better judgement. I have a dealer currently reaching out to me to try and buy our Wildtrak and reserve one they say they have coming in Feb/Mar. Not sure why he thinks he can make money off of it. But I may work the deal and see what’s up.

JAM

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if this is the “good news” that @Zach@Granger has been alluding to in his posts in the Granger thread? Ford committing to building all of the outstanding 2020 orders before opening order banks back up certainly would be good news.

Sponsored

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the moment they only have spare production capacity for Big Bend and Outer Banks... so... if you aren't ordering one of those you should start preparing yourself for a 2024MY. (y)
To be clear, do you mean even those with orders for a badlands in ford's system should be preparing for a 2024MY? If so, I might consider changing my order to an OBX.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh they got parts for sure, just obviously not enough of them. Hence why they (still) have the large open fields with Broncos sitting on them waiting for parts.

If you ordered a Big Bend or Outer Banks with the 3.73 ratio'd axles and a soft top, you're golden... otherwise your Bronco may be making new friends at the various Bronco meet & greets in metro Detroit.
Can you tell me where you got the information that there are part shortages for the Badlands?

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love all this heresy, speculation, theories, wild guesses, my neighbors uncle’s cousins best friend works for Ford and says, my dealer says, etc. I feel bad for you guys really, I do. Truth is most no one really knows what is going on behind the scenes. In the 500+ calls I made to find one, I got many many stories of what is going on. Truth is, most dealers don’t have a clue either. But, I will still put in an order for another Wildtrak when I can.

The market is dropping a bit. But on marketplace there are a ton of Broncos for sale. Some reasonable, some questionable. I believe most of y’all could find what you wanted or better. But the hard headedness of having your own order is beating your better judgement. I have a dealer currently reaching out to me to try and buy our Wildtrak and reserve one they say they have coming in Feb/Mar. Not sure why he thinks he can make money off of it. But I may work the deal and see what’s up.
Looks like your dealer knows the market better than you do.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The $100 was paid to your dealer, not Ford.
The initial reservation $100 went to Ford. I don’t think I even knew which dealer at that point. Then again that was two years ago…

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like your dealer knows the market better than you do.
Not when you see asking prices dropping. This sales person (not my dealer) thinks he will be able to buy our Wildtrak with 2800 miles and then sell me a new one? Not so. I am not budging. Wildtraks that had an asking price of $75-80k are now hovering above and below $70 with several in the mid high $60’s around here. I was inder $70 otd on ours. I still look around. No interest in selling ours really, he reached out to me.
Sponsored