Sponsored

My personal new thinking with the long delay...

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Easy. With other that commute, keep both. I’ve owned a cheap commuter car most my life. Never regretted it. Don’t now cuz a work from home deal. Gas prices are high may go higher so it will pay for itself if you keep it long enough.

Also, two very different vehicles. If you have resources to to it why not keep both.
Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly what I’m thinking. I’ve been paying myself for 18 months now after paying off my truck. Hopefully by the time that I can get a Bronco, I can keep my truck or buy something else fun in another year or so. 🤔

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I told my wife the saw thing with her Cruze. Save a ton on gas on driving too and from work.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wife and I have an Explorer, F-150, 74' Bronco and a boat. A few years ago we had those 3 vehicles and 2 boats, 2 jet skis and 2 houses.
Never thought it was "tacky". :unsure:
You quoted my post, but didn't read it I guess. I said "to be single", then, in the same sentence that you quoted, I also said, "unless it's a boat, RV, ATV, etc.

I have a boat, jet ski, etc, but they don't live at my home in Atlanta, they're at the lake house where they belong, so that my home and driveway, garages aren't overflowing with my toys.

Thanks for playing though. :)

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i Would see how much you can get private party these days…even car max, as prices are still pretty high (though not like last year).

the only other potential devils advocate point is if you have to street park either of the vehicles and deal with street sweeping…. It gets to be a hassle with the second car if you can’t garage both.

having said that, I have had 2 cars since 2006. My ‘98 eclipse gs-t was myDD and my ‘05 M3 was my weekend fun car. I finally sold my eclipse because I moved across country a few times and didn’t want to keep paying for transportation on 2 cars. I regretted selling it every day since. If your focus is your price and joy…don’t trade it in. Love it for as long as it’s not too costly to maintain. No amount of money is worth it. (Unless it will be a financial hardship of course).

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave my current car, Focus ST, a good clean out and bath today. Some damage was fixed. It really is running great (knock on wood). Up until today it was going to be a trade in. I've always had the thinking of, I'm one man, why do I need two cars?? But maybe with this extra long delay and continually adding money to the down payment, I just... keep it. I could still drive it most days to work. I could keep all those miles off the Bronco and keep it feeling newer longer. Make the Bronco my weekend fun vehicle. I've never even considered not having a trade in before, but I can save up the value of the ST as a trade in easy enough before I ever see my Bronco... any pros or cons that aren't obvious?
Pro-tip: Buy a trickle charger to save your batteries.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an October reservation, I’m not at all convinced this latest announcement will result in a delay. The early push back of production start… definite delay. yer just building up other commodities that are on my order (tow, 2.7L, Lux).

If (the big if in all this), the redesigned MIC top and switch to soft top orders can even come close to keeping up with the rest, I think Ford could really crank out Broncos based on the production updates provided here.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This isn’t a rare collectible truck.
…I wouldn’t be so sure about that. 20,000(?) for the 2021MY won’t actually go so far…. And major constraints are predicted through 2022… and Ford is already down 700,000 production vehicles this year due to those same constraints (across all platforms).

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
…I wouldn’t be so sure about that. 20,000(?) for the 2021MY won’t actually go so far…. And major constraints are predicted through 2022… and Ford is already down 700,000 production vehicles this year due to those same constraints (across all platforms).
I didn’t expect that he would need to replace the truck in a year or two but after 3 years. At which point Broncos will be readily available to anyone that wants one.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, for 1 driver it is.... Lol
You'd think at least 1 of the vehicles would be considered part time use, and be insured accordingly. But no....
I had 2 vehicles in the past and the only discount was a small, bundled policy with home insurance combined.
Plus maintenance and upkeep, it really isn't worth it.
Probably varies by state as well..... 1 driver can only drive one car at a time

Sponsored

Falcon01

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R35 GTR, Chevy Bolt, Saab 9-3 Aero 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm just gonna see what happens when it finally comes. With these delays, I may get pushed to late 2022 or 2023. I decided to look for a new job, and if I get one in the city, I might not end up getting the Bronco and just keeping my current cars. No need to get a third car that I'm not gonna drive. Might as well used the money and buy another house.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's only two downsides to having a second vehicle.

One) Registration costs. It's really the only thing that multiplies as you add vehicles. Insurance for two doesn't really go up since you're just one person and you can't drive them both at the same time. Maintenance costs don't really go up for the same reasons. But the government loves taking more of your money for the more crap that you own.

Two) It's a slippery slope. Before you know it you'll be like me and your Bronco is going to be the fifth vehicle you'll add to the collection. At the same time.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 14 F150 and 05 Mustang GT love having two vehicles. But living in northern IL I can’t drive the Stang year around. The plan is to add a 12/13 Boss 302 in the next few years, but the wife’s purchase of the Bronc might slow that timeline down. But I digress, if you can make it work I would keep the ST, it will be two very different driving experiences. Double you pleasure double your fun!

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I gave my current car, Focus ST, a good clean out and bath today. Some damage was fixed. It really is running great (knock on wood). Up until today it was going to be a trade in. I've always had the thinking of, I'm one man, why do I need two cars?? But maybe with this extra long delay and continually adding money to the down payment, I just... keep it. I could still drive it most days to work. I could keep all those miles off the Bronco and keep it feeling newer longer. Make the Bronco my weekend fun vehicle. I've never even considered not having a trade in before, but I can save up the value of the ST as a trade in easy enough before I ever see my Bronco... any pros or cons that aren't obvious?
sounds good to me , you are on the right track

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm definitely waiting. My opinion on any vehicle is to not get caught up in the excitement. I don't finance and have the luxury of waiting until I can get it for at or under invoice. I currently have 1998 and 2000 Lexus's that run as good as new and a 2005 GMC Sierra that I did some much needed maintenance right after the pandemic started.

My wife and I have it narrowed down to a 4Runner, Bronco, or Wrangler.
Sponsored