Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, I recently installed a lift kit on my bronco. Could someone tell me if this CV angle looks really bad?
Ford Bronco Need help checking cv angle 60DBB7B0-E78F-4449-8B0E-48793DA89DD1
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zhang

Zhang

Black Diamond
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Need help checking cv angle E1A2B709-D1DB-407C-8525-9E4E61B1C599

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What size lift/type of lift did you install? Doesn’t look like anything that would cause you issue IMO

OP
OP
Zhang

Zhang

Black Diamond
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What size lift/type of lift did you install? Doesn’t look like anything that would cause you issue IMO
Eibach pro lift springs

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like the boot may eventually leak. See how the ribs of the boot look like they’re touching together. The friction will eventually tear the boot. In my old 4runner days, there were a couple options:

stretch the boot out so it doesn’t rub

replace the boot with a different design.

stretching the boot maybe the easiest option. You’ll have to do some research though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zhang

Zhang

Black Diamond
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks like the boot may eventually leak. See how the ribs of the boot look like they’re touching together. The friction will eventually tear the boot. In my old 4runner days, there were a couple options:

stretch the boot out so it doesn’t rub

replace the boot with a different design.

stretching the boot maybe the easiest option. You’ll have to do some research though.
Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it. Besides the boots, do you think the angle is acceptable?

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it. Besides the boots, do you think the angle is acceptable?
maybe someone on here who has experience lifting the bronco could answer. Other than the boots, that would have been an acceptable angle on the 4runner. I just don’t want to tell you it’s fine as I haven’t lifted my bronco.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the workshop manual.
Halfshaft
Special Tool(s) / General Equipment

Tire Lever
Removal

NOTICE: Do not hold the halfshaft by the CV joint.

NOTICE: The inner CV joint must not be bent more than 18°.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes that angle is fine.. you’re not going to lift it and keep a stock CV angle, it’s just going to be what it’s going to be. A very rough estimate would be 10-12 deg based on your picture… Ford says good to 18. A sub 3” lift isn’t going to eat CV‘s on this platform
Ford Bronco Need help checking cv angle A92D4BC3-ACC9-4870-A786-AE3F96C6808E

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the fix is the diff drop.

Sponsored

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you are really concerned I would recommend picking up an inclinometer and checking the actual angle. No offense to V1Rotate but it's tough to get an accurate measurement using a picture as there's a lot of variation into setting that baseline based on the picture (I tried that initially with mine and ended up being off). I have the same Eibach pro truck coil overs I'm assuming you do and have been chasing a noise issue for a while with no success. My driver's shaft measures almost 17 deg with an inclinometer and passenger at around 11-13. It's still within the factory spec as listed by flip but pretty damn close.

OP
OP
Zhang

Zhang

Black Diamond
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are really concerned I would recommend picking up an inclinometer and checking the actual angle. No offense to V1Rotate but it's tough to get an accurate measurement using a picture as there's a lot of variation into setting that baseline based on the picture (I tried that initially with mine and ended up being off). I have the same Eibach pro truck coil overs I'm assuming you do and have been chasing a noise issue for a while with no success. My driver's shaft measures almost 17 deg with an inclinometer and passenger at around 11-13. It's still within the factory spec as listed by flip but pretty damn close.
thank you for your reply! Actually i don’t have any problem right now with my CV, and the angle is about 13 on both sides with inclinometer. Im just worry about potential problems and risks

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If all you have is the Eibach springs on the stock shocks you are guaranteed to be fine as you did not extend the length of the shock itself, you only made it run higher in its travel range (which Ford already designed for). If you had placed a spacer on the top of the shock it would be a different story. Your boots and angle look just fine in the pictures you posted.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah the picture is almost worthless if you need precision but I’ve found it’ll get within a few degrees if you take the time to do it from about 7 different directions and average them all together. BTW - is your noise you’re chasing after installing your coilovers a clunk when going over speed bumps by chance? If you have those adjusted all the way to the max (or close) and you’re riding way up in the useable range of the suspension you’re likely just hitting full extension way earlier than you ever would if you were in the middle of the range. If it’s unrelated - never mind. I’ve also seen adjustable track bar bolts be too long and hit the shock body in certain situations if you went that route. Just spitballing ideas
Sponsored