First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like this camera. Thanks for posting the video. The picture looks really clear.

I get that it’s wi-fi but how do you display the camera output on the center screen? Do you use CarPlay? Or does it somehow just show up as a menu item on the center display?
I do not use the oem screen but you can use an android auto app, AAAD to mirror from the phone if you wish.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The camera placement between the O and the N emulates the OEM placement, which is actually not a great choice. Both bumper light bars and bull bars interfere with the view. Furthermore the angle of the camera does. Ot give great view of what is immediately in front of the tires.

I installed this
https://a.co/d/afb9y7n
With this monitor
https://a.co/d/ekml00G
right between my light bar and bumper.

Everything is hard wired to Aux6, and the monitor is placed on the left side of the steering wheel where it is completely out of the line of sight.

The camera provides near 180 degree view that is pretty distortion corrected. I can see object msnthst are 5 inches in front of the tires. I have made marks with a permanent marker on the screen where the tire line is.

Did a write-up some time ago, can take pics tomorrow if there is interest.
Thanks for your input, I'm sure your install is much better than mine for spotting on the trail what is on the ground, but I set it up for recording the ride not spotting what my tire is going to hit. I can adjust my cam down if needed for that in the future. The placement for me was spot on!

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK I just looked it up on the Internet and now I understand how that Wi-Fi works so it will work out in the middle of nowhere. Thank you very much I will be purchasing that item.​
Be aware that u like Bluetooth your phone can support only one WiFi connection. You will likely have to disable wireless Android Auto/Apple Car to use the camera.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Be aware that u like Bluetooth your phone can support only one WiFi connection. You will likely have to disable wireless Android Auto/Apple Car to use the camera.
I use an old phone for the cam and new phone for maps ect.

Sponsored

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why do you have (3) Hero switches in your base? Please tell me what you have going on there? I am interested!!! Also, I love your Bronco!

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do you have (3) Hero switches in your base? Please tell me what you have going on there? I am interested!!! Also, I love your Bronco!
Thanks, I love it too!
I have never used the hero switches but have hazard up there, with what I believe is trail turn assist, and I would have to check the manual for the other. Maybe traction control?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, I love it too!
I have never used the hero switches but have hazard up there, with what I believe is trail turn assist, and I would have to check the manual for the other. Maybe traction control?

I believe you would be correct. 😁

Ford Bronco New Lights and Trail Cam installed on Base Bronco (video added) 1709327420618

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So awesome! Excellent work and it looks like it turned out beautifully and high functioning. Love it.

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe you would be correct. 😁

Ford Bronco New Lights and Trail Cam installed on Base Bronco (video added) 1709327420618
I am a two door with only 2 switches (Hazard & Traction Control). I thought only 4 doors had trail turn assist, but what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am a two door with only 2 switches (Hazard & Traction Control). I thought only 4 doors had trail turn assist, but what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

I believe the TTA is auto trans. Is yours a MT???

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe the TTA is auto trans. Is yours a MT???
BINGO!! Thanks for letting me know, as I thought I deserved another button to push, too! :LOL:
Sponsored