Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have taken our tailgates on and off what seems like 100 times at this point. Being careful, we have never had this happen. There really isn't a way to prevent it that I'm aware of other than not pushing on the bolts. Even the Ford service manual doesn't have a method. The bracket is free floating to allow the tailgate to be aligned after installation. If it does drop, you will need to fish it out as others in that thread you referenced have done.

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have taken our tailgates on and off what seems like 100 times at this point. Being careful, we have never had this happen. There really isn't a way to prevent it that I'm aware of other than not pushing on the bolts. Even the Ford service manual doesn't have a method. The bracket is free floating to allow the tailgate to be aligned after installation. If it does drop, you will need to fish it out as others in that thread you referenced have done.
This is what makes me nervous the most about attempting anything like this. Having that happen and fishing results are unsuccessful.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what makes me nervous the most about attempting anything like this. Having that happen and fishing results are unsuccessful.
Having had mine off and on a zillion times I suggest getting some wooden wedges from Home Depot and before you remove the tailgate slide one under each side and draw a reference line...mark them L/R. Same for upper vertical top corners...reference lines and mark upper R/L. Then after you remove the tailgate, and have to reposition it, slide those wedges back in...it will get the gate in the ballpark area so that when you (gently) thread the bolts back in through the reinforcement you have a better chance of not disturbing the nut plates. If you don't do that, there is a chance of not lining the bolts up to the plates, which then could result in fumbling around and possibly knocking a nutplate into the abyss. Try not to do that.

Sponsored

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to know.

Thank you

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The long wait is over at last! We are thrilled to announce that the X-Brace Tailgate Reinforcement is now officially live on our website. Rest assured, this time it's not a website error.

We are also working on putting the finishing touches on our accessory mount that will allow you to mount your hi-lift jacks, Rotopaxs, and more In the next few days, we will be sharing additional information and photos. Stay tuned for the latest updates!

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 1687373239827

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@IAG Performance will you guys be willing or can you do a group buy on this product? I just got an email for it today.
While we understand the appeal of a group buy discount, that is not something we will be offering. We carefully consider pricing options and work to provide what we believe is a worthwhile product at a fair value to everyone.

Marcorvette

Badlands
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco badlands with sas. High and lux packages
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While we understand the appeal of a group buy discount, that is not something we will be offering. We carefully consider pricing options and work to provide what we believe is a worthwhile product at a fair value to everyone.
would you guys be willing to honor the $499 pre order price? ill pick one up today.

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The long wait is over at last! We are thrilled to announce that the X-Brace Tailgate Reinforcement is now officially live on our website. Rest assured, this time it's not a website error.

We are also working on putting the finishing touches on our accessory mount that will allow you to mount your hi-lift jacks, Rotopaxs, and more In the next few days, we will be sharing additional information and photos. Stay tuned for the latest updates!

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 1687373239827
I'm looking forward to the install video. Do you do installs at your facilities? I'm in northern Virgina. ;-)

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
would you guys be willing to honor the $499 pre order price? ill pick one up today.
We never offered a pre-order on these. 6 months ago when it was originally posted we stated that we were shooting for a target price of $599 and would LIKELY offer an introductory price of $499. Unfortunately, there was a lot more time and effort that went into these than we were originally expecting 6 months ago. The reality is we probably should have raised the price point entirely, but choose to remain at that $599.

Marcorvette

Badlands
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco badlands with sas. High and lux packages
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We never offered a pre-order on these. 6 months ago when it was originally posted we stated that we were shooting for a target price of $599 and would LIKELY offer an introductory price of $499. Unfortunately, there was a lot more time and effort that went into these than we were originally expecting 6 months ago. The reality is we probably should have raised the price point entirely, but choose to remain at that $599.
welp, can't fault me for trying. lol
Sponsored