Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wonderful… after sitting in Michigan for 6 months, when mine finally shows up end of July, I may not be allowed to take home…
Theoretically they have fixed it in that time and thats why its been sitting there.

CP650

First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I tried to warn everyone early reserving and buying these year 1/2 Broncos what happens to Guinee pigs that buy Brand new vehicles...
This is why I am here, lurking, twiddling my thumbs, watching from the driver seat of my Tacoma as the bugs get shook out. Wonder what colors they'll have in 2026?

Sponsored

Shamalama86

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wouldn’t all builds from those dates already have been delivered by this point? Also, if they’re sitting somewhere, wouldn’t they just fix the issue without stopping incoming orders/builds from after the dates in question? I wouldn’t put anything past another Ford screwup, but I’m confused as to why a recall to broncos built would have an effect on future builds.
No are u serious . I just got mine a couple days ago. Tons of ppl still waiting

Shamalama86

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are also unsold units sitting on lots from those dates I'm sure since some of these delusional dealers are popping $20k adm on them.
Well with this latest recall. I think that just upped the value of anyone with a bronco in hand. They’re gunna have to all get fixed before a customer can drive it home. Wether that be at the factory or at the stealer ship

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is literally nothing in that description that takes safelite more than 2 hours to do. I mean, I had this done not 4 months ago on my wife's vehicle. Windshield sensor recal and everything... Why does paint and primer need to be re-applied?
This is starting to not add up...
T y p e - m o r e - s l o w l y - n e x t - t i m e.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all.

It looks like a new windshield recall 22C12 just dropped today (June 28th) on 2022 Broncos build between December 8th and April 12th.

Reason: "inadequate urethane adhesion" which means that the windshield could possibly come loose in the event of a crash. Affected vehicles could also experience increased wind noise or the possibility of water leaks.

This repair will require a glass shop to remove your windshield, then the body shop will have to remove old urethane, prep the surface, and apply primer to the mounting surface area of the windshield, then once cured the glass shop will have to come back and reinstall the glass.

Owner letters to be sent out in a few weeks. It is also a "stop sale" so anybody with an incoming order won't be able to take delivery until this is completed. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'd estimate that the repair will take most dealers 3 days of actual work once they have everything coordinated. This obviously does not account for the current appointment backlogs most dealers and body shops are experiencing. again, don't shoot the messenger.
How does this affect my Bronco ( and many others) that was built in January, sat on ice mountain waiting for chips(modules) and once the modules were installed then ford gave mine a build date of May 22 2022?

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 96. It's broken ALL THE TIME lol. Still love her though.
I guess the bottom line is, Fords have always been junk and are always broken.

I have a broken power stroke in the driveway right now.

What is 2 more years going to solve for you/them?

How long are you going to not do something you want because something might happen?

DD43BA9D-E4C9-465A-ADC9-FD2D8937DB01.jpeg

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess the bottom line is, Fords have always been junk and are always broken.

I have a broken power stroke in the driveway right now.

What is 2 more years going to solve for you/them?

How long are you going to not do something you want because something might happen?

DD43BA9D-E4C9-465A-ADC9-FD2D8937DB01.jpeg
Shit talking aside, I'm thankful for all the early adopters because the simple fast is, without all of you making the new Bronco a success there would be no 2023 or 2024!

Really I'm mostly just waiting to see if Ford surprises us with different/better options (Paint/interior colors, Mod top, V8? Etc)
Sponsored