Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wouldnā€™t all builds from those dates already have been delivered by this point? Also, if theyā€™re sitting somewhere, wouldnā€™t they just fix the issue without stopping incoming orders/builds from after the dates in question? I wouldnā€™t put anything past another Ford screwup, but Iā€™m confused as to why a recall to broncos built would have an effect on future builds.
Sadly they havenā€™t been. Mine was 4/3 build and I got it two weeks ago but other people from my build week (and prior) are still waiting to take delivery šŸ˜”

Tombky

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Called dealer and the said only replacing if windshield is cracked or chipped?? I call B.S.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The questions posted about why and is the covid related and etc.

Yes it probably is a case of supply chain problems. Since it's a specific window of production, the normal supplier either couldn't keep up and Ford went with a second vendor and that product failed later, or the first vendor got bad ingredients to make their adhesive due to problems down their side of the chain and their product suffered.

Note: Notice when two posters are going back and forth, if your posts are not getting any likes (agreements) and the other posters posts are getting multiple likes and or supporting posts from others, then maybe your not as right as you think you are!

"Here's your sign."

I find reading comprehension on this site isn't always up to par, but if after multiple posts your argument isn't getting any support or likes, your argument may be the problem.

"Here's your sign."

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is literally nothing in that description that takes safelite more than 2 hours to do. I mean, I had this done not 4 months ago on my wife's vehicle. Windshield sensor recal and everything... Why does paint and primer need to be re-applied?
This is starting to not add up...
When I did windshield replacement we used an acid etching pen to prep/super clean the surface, it also killed the growth of rust in older vehicles. My guess is that the adhesive in the bonding when removed removes the antirust properties of the paint, being caustic and all, by re-priming and painting you return back to the rust protection needed. You would not believe how many vehicles suffer from rust damage behind the windshield trim and such.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I did my ceramic coating, I had a UV protection layer added to the windshield as well....that was at a cost of $200 or so....

I wonder how that's gonna be covered.
Itā€™s not.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I KNEW IT!!!

I was on a 10 hour road trip a couple weeks ago and there was a whistling noise above 60 MPH that I swear was coming from the windshield and not a weather seal. My build date is March 10th.

Thanks for the heads up, maybe I can get scheduled early.
I have a whistling noise too. It drives me nuts. My build date was 3/12.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep.. me too.
Mine got delivered yesterday, dealer called this morning and told me about the recall. I can't pick it up until it's done.

They have a windshield guy on site right now and are shooting to get it done by Friday morning so I can pick it up before I head out of town. Windshield guy said that he thinks he can do it with a smaller risk of cracking the windshield since it is such a short piece of glass. I'll update with what he says this afternoon.

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine got delivered yesterday, dealer called this morning and told me about the recall. I can;t pick it up until it's done.

They have a windshield guy on site right now and are shooting to get it done by Friday morning so I can pick it up before I head out of town. Windshield guy said that he thinks he can do it with a smaller risk of cracking the windshield since it is such a short piece of glass. I'll update with what he says this afternoon.
I was set to pick up my Wildtrack this afternoon. Just called. Ford won't allow them to deliver it without the recall issue handled. No word on timing. But it's only been 715 days or so (I'm not counting), so what's another week-ish. My delay coping skills are getting serious. I should teach a class.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was set to pick up my Wildtrack this afternoon. Just called. Ford won't allow them to deliver it without the recall issue handled. No word on timing. But it's only been 715 days or so (I'm not counting), so what's another week-ish. My delay coping skills are getting serious. I should teach a class.
I hear you there, day one res, 1/18 build date, 6 months on ice/dirt mountain, only to get delivered the day the stop sell comes out...

BlackKatniss

Black Diamond
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi all.

It looks like a new windshield recall 22C12 just dropped today (June 28th) on 2022 Broncos build between December 8th and April 12th.

Reason: "inadequate urethane adhesion" which means that the windshield could possibly come loose in the event of a crash. Affected vehicles could also experience increased wind noise or the possibility of water leaks.

This repair will require a glass shop to remove your windshield, then the body shop will have to remove old urethane, prep the surface, and apply primer to the mounting surface area of the windshield, then once cured the glass shop will have to come back and reinstall the glass.

Owner letters to be sent out in a few weeks. It is also a "stop sale" so anybody with an incoming order won't be able to take delivery until this is completed. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'd estimate that the repair will take most dealers 3 days of actual work once they have everything coordinated. This obviously does not account for the current appointment backlogs most dealers and body shops are experiencing. again, don't shoot the messenger.
Does this affect 2021s? Mine shows a build date of 3/21/22.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine got delivered yesterday, dealer called this morning and told me about the recall. I can't pick it up until it's done.

Awesome! Thank you for the update! Better look over it super good for any micro cracking from removing and reinstalling. I hope it goes smoothly.
Sponsored