First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this is anything like my own history....
1. They got MIC 2.0 done and they are being produced.
2. DM Broncos get moved to get their tops swapped and shipped.
3. The top-swap location only has so much space. That space has to allow for old tops, new tops, and the Broncos that get them swapped.
4. What if they have way more tops than they can swap in a week, and more tops are coming?

They could throw more people at it, but again, limited space. They can only have so many there before it turns into a fustercluck. I am guessing they have optimized it and still can't keep up with the number of tops being made available now, so.. why not redirect the overflow of tops to the production line and resume there at the same time? It doesn't stop DMBs getting swapped and shipped, jsut splitting and resuming at the same time.

At the end of the day, its about money. If the above is what happened (like a situation I was part of years ago where that happened - our supply chain flooded us, so we split instead), then it makes sense.

Get DMBs rolling AND resume production? What's the outcome?
More Broncos. More Profit.
This is a good explanation of what is probably happening.
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is a good explanation of what is probably happening.
I am sure Ford has DMBs as a priority, but also sliding tops to production to meet the FE promise as the window is closing on MY21 production so they are doing what they can to keep on track in both cases and an overflow helps a lot there. Either way, Ford has not always been great at telling us what is going on or why, but the fact we are seeing vehicles move off Dirt Mountain and FEs starting to roll out, its nice to see that more of us will have ours sooner rather than later now. :)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See the exact text above from Ford. It says “We need to replace all MIC tops before we can make any new Bronco hard tops…”. There is zero statement, asterisk or call out that FEs will be built during the change over. Not sure where you‘re getting ‘we knew this’.
There was even a video from Long McArthur Ford a couple of weeks ago reminding people with FE reservations to be alert because Ford was going to be scheduling many of them.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well mine is a FE too and its been stuck on Dirt Mountain for months. They said they would replace all of the bad tops on the vehicle being held before moving on to producing additional Broncos.

1631901611476.png
Here in lies the paradox you’re thinking logically. We are talking about Ford . Now do you see the problem. It’s like expecting the dealers to honor their word same situation. In all seriousness I’m sorry you have to go through it and many other people it’s very hard to understand as we get older to watch companies throw integrity and honesty out the window it’s very similar as our government. Good luck.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is feasible, but opposite of what was stated, that’s the point.
True. I get plans change and they could have said something, but... Ford doesn't always communicate every change of plan, so I chalk it up to yet another "failure to communicate". I am just glad to see them moving again at this point.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sure Ford has DMBs as a priority, but also sliding tops to production to meet the FE promise as the window is closing on MY21 production so they are doing what they can to keep on track in both cases and an overflow helps a lot there. Either way, Ford has not always been great at telling us what is going on or why, but the fact we are seeing vehicles move off Dirt Mountain and FEs starting to roll out, its nice to see that more of us will have ours sooner rather than later now. :)
Agreed, time is not their friend right now and they have to manage it as efficiently as possible. They can’t just push First Editions to next year like they are doing with many other hardtop builds, they have a deadline and it is fast approaching.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They did but what's your point? Mine is a FE and its waiting for a new top. If the FE thing is so important, replace all they FE dirt mountain roofs first. Point is, stop promising one thing, then doing something else and expect that the customers wont get pissed when they find out.
My point is Ford needs to multi task if they want to satisfy both demands. They promised both will get done and have even started early. Just because they haven't gotten to yours yet seems to be why you think you have a valid complaint.

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
What if all DM tops were replaced by now and awaiting paperwork. Funny thought?

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford, Book of Wisdom; 20:21 "Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fact that this is happening is pretty telling in itself.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe, just maybe, if you don't have boots on the ground at MAP or Dirt Mountain to actually see whats going on then you just need to [Samuel L Jackson]Calm the Fuck Down[/Samuel L Jackson]

We all got our own metric shit ton of Ford Bronco to deal with right now. You got a Bronco stuck on Dirt Mountain while some of have a Vin with no Bronco that may be taking delivery of their '21 Bronco while everybody else is watching the '22 Bronco Super Bowl LVI Commercials.

That's life in the Ford Shitshow right now. Hope for the best but expect the worse.

TGoar

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish somebody would take a Dirt Mountain overhead shot again. That would be the real proof of what they are getting done.

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
man am I ever glad my OB escaped Dirt Mountain (i hate that name btw) in early July and finally made it to me 5+ weeks after it was built. My MIC top wasn't perfect (scratched glass) and Ford was going to have to replace it even before the recall came out but this is getting stupid. I don't blame people for getting pissed tbh.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What if all DM tops were replaced by now and awaiting paperwork. Funny thought?
They must be getting close by now. Doesn't mean they'll all leave right away though. As we all know, they batch and load and have to deal with transportation logistics and their schedules and delays. Even if tops are done, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes into November to get all to the dealers.
Sponsored