2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Modular.

++++++

MIC= Molded In (gray) color.

Modular= Painted any color.
Black and Body Colored (specific trims) MY21. White also for MY22.​
Oof. Guess there’s no need to wait for ‘22 for me. Gray MIC it is.
Sponsored

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super pumped about this news. Probably too much to ask, but now I wonder if the black painted hard top will mean it will come with gloss black grille and mirror caps like it originally did...

Now, all I need is Ford to let us have the option to get all black rims on the badlands and my build will be complete at delivery.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. Just take the MIC top, then purchase the soft via AFTRMKT when available. I think the MOD top is cool, but not worth the extra money, so I'll pass.
^THIS is what I'm gonna do. Get the MIC, get a Ford or aftermarket ragtop. Even if Ford's is the only one out there, it will be cheaper to ship than the Modular.

Too bad I can't order both, get my truck with one (don't care witch) then have them ship me the other when they are ready <shrug> but what do I know?

Sponsored

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s blatantly apparent that there are many supply issues. We all can see that. The reality is that COVID has slowed down manufacturing everywhere. As a result, Ford’s strategy is to offer conditional ordering options so as to encourage as many of us as possible to delay our orders while they play catch up. It’s unfortunate that they’re playing us in this way, but they’re caught in a bind. They’re trying to appease reservation holders with timing options, while knowing they can’t supply most of us with exactly what we want now. Bottom line is we are all adults and can chose to opt out, or delay our order to get exactly what we want later, or continue to move forward and settle a bit. No right or wrong, we just need to man up. Me? I’ll get what I can ASAP, and then wait a year or two for ’my’ top. Playing the waiting game and watching other folks ride their Broncos wouldn't be worth it to me.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, Ford should just delay production for six months or until they can get the supply chain issues worked out. Personally, I want both the modular hard top in black and soft top.

I shouldn’t have to pay extra shipping charges for the modular top if it comes later due to something that is Ford’s fault and not mine. They should have to pay to have it shipped not me.

I can live with only getting the soft top at delivery and the modular top a few months later just as long as Ford is footing the shipping and installation fees.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honestly, Ford should just delay production for six months or until they can get the supply chain worked out. I want both the modular hard top and soft top.

I shouldn’t have to pay extra shipping charges for the modular top if it comes later due to something that is Ford’s fault and not mine. They should have to pay to have it shipped not me.
I think you missed the whole late availability part. It’s exactly what you propose. If you want to wait until the part is available you can, no shipping fees! If you want the Bronco now with the current available top, you can do that too. The choice is up to you!

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you missed the whole late availability part. It’s exactly what you propose. If you want to wait until the part is available you can, no shipping fees! If you want the Bronco now with the current available top, you can do that too. The choice is up to you!
So I can get the soft top now without the vehicle being delayed and have the modular hard top shipped and installed later?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I can get the soft top now without the vehicle being delayed and have the modular hard top shipped and installed later?
No, if you want the modular top without shipping to a dealer, you wait until it is available from the factory. Your Bronco will be delayed.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, if you want the modular top without shipping to a dealer, you wait until it is available from the factory. Your Bronco will be delayed.
I figured that but I’m talking about if I get it shipped to the dealership from the factory. Can I do that without paying for shipping costs and getting the vehicle on time with just the soft top for a few months?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I figured that but I’m talking about if I get it shipped to the dealership from the factory.
Sorry think we’re talking two different languages here. As simply as I can put it, you want dual top, soft and modular. You have two options:
1. Wait for late availability. As you said, they will delay your build about six months, hopefully not more. You will pay for both upfront, and get your Bronco with the modular top installed and the soft top in a box in the back.
2. You don’t want to wait six months for late availability, so you order now with a soft top. When hard tops are available to order from dealers part counter, which will probably be much longer than six months, you fork over the $ which will include some freight charges.

You proposed Ford wait 6 months to start production because of this top issue. I’m letting you know they are giving us all that option. If we want to wait or not is up to us.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I’ll probably go with option #2. I’d rather pay the freight charges sadly than wait an extra six months for the vehicle to get in my hands. I’m antsy. Lol. Get the soft top now and the modular later when it becomes available.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks. I’ll probably go with option #2. I’d rather pay the freight charges sadly than wait an extra six months for the vehicle to get in my hands. I’m antsy. Lol. Get the soft top now and the modular later when it becomes available.
Same here. There are a lot of people upset they will have to pay more at the dealership than with their build. Or the fact you can’t lump it into your loan if you buy later. Just wanted to make sure you knew you could wait and get both from the factory later.
Sponsored