Sponsored

No cost option for BD: Advanced 4x4 or Part Time Selectable?

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So another weird one for me on configuring a 4dr BD.

In the "Drive" section of the B&P Configurator, I am supposed to choose between two drive options and it appears there is no cost-difference between them.

So why wouldn't I get the Advanced 4x4? What am I missing here?

And it is just me or does this configurator just suck?

Ford Bronco No cost option for BD: Advanced 4x4 or Part Time Selectable? automatic 4x4 2

Ford Bronco No cost option for BD: Advanced 4x4 or Part Time Selectable? automatic 4x4

Thanks!
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check the total cost to see if it changes. Pretty sure it was like that in the last B&P.

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The advanced is about an $800 option. sometimes they add the option price other times the option is 0 but they jacked up the base truck price by $800.

Start a build, check bottom line, roll down and pick the advanced 4x4 and look at the price jump.

Since advanced 4x4 is a required selection for the sasquatch the system handles the addition in a non intuitive way (to me anyway)

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So another weird one for me on configuring a 4dr BD.

In the "Drive" section of the B&P Configurator, I am supposed to choose between two drive options and it appears there is no cost-difference between them.

So why wouldn't I get the Advanced 4x4? What am I missing here?

And it is just me or does this configurator just suck?

Ford Bronco No cost option for BD: Advanced 4x4 or Part Time Selectable? automatic 4x4

Thanks!
It doesnt suck, but it is complicated and intricately interconnected to other related options and selections, depending on what you're looking for. Also, so far, most of us have been working off our research and experience with other vehicles than the Bronco, and now that vehicles are getting delivered you should be able to hear from those who are using the actual vehicle.

Advanced 4x4 does add cost, but that cost might be absorbed or hidden within other packages or options you select in the various trims. Until the bottom line. I doubt you'll encounter the actual glitches and mistakes in the 2022 B&P that we had last Fall, with the 2021 B&P v1, when Ford forgot to include the price of the Auto trans in certain packages, and more, and surprised us all with a Christmas gift of a huge price hike in the cost of our configured but not ordered vehicles.

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a $795 item. If you look at the 22 price list you'll see the lower trims listed in both a regular and advanced version with the price difference being the $795

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These guys who commented above are correct.

If you look at the default 2-door BD, the Base MSRP is $36450.
Click the Advanced 4x4 and the Base MSRP changes to $37245 (+$795).

I had a similar question about the BD build earlier this year. I was asking about the 2021 but I think it applies to 2022 also. Check out the explanation here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/black-diamond-build.14957/post-546207
Sponsored