Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% YES. I could do without every other option with a cold weather group. At this point the only reason I’m buying the mid is for the seat. (Not even the steering wheel, much to the shagrin of my arthritis. Getting old sucks.)
Yeah, and Jeep offers this package on every trim from Sport S up. That $250 Jeep lease is starting to look good?
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let’s hope @mike_at_ford sees this and can relay some of it. (Who am I kidding, we’ll get a “we’re listening “). If they were LISTENING we wouldn’t be getting shafted on half the stuff we want to pair together.

splatrd

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After waiting months for B&P and finally get to see what everything costs, and the only option I wanted is not available with manual trans. I bumped up from base to big bend just so I could get mid option package, but manual is not allowed. So I am out. F*!@ ford give me my deposit back.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The issue with manual transmission and the Mid package is the remote start. I remain convinced that come time to place an order you and I will be able to get the Mid minus the remote start.

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m disappointed in the way they’ve chosen to manipulate the options and seemingly disfavor the 7-speed. But, in the end, if I buy a Bronco, I’ll probably be pretty happy with it. A Black Diamond with cold weather package would be ideal for me, but you can’t even get heated seats with a manual BD. So, my options are basically BaseManSquatch and just buy aftermarket seat heaters or Badlands with mid. I’m about 90% sure the BMS will win the day, despite the pathetic color options. Bottom line, the world would be a better place with more engineers (who crushed the Bronco design) and fewer marketing majors (who have done a somewhat less impressive job).

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yup Ford is making you go Badlands to get mid/high/lux with a manual. Pretty shady.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So ridiculous they are not offering the manual with the mid-package! Seriously re-considering buying one now. Do you think it could be the Ford Co-Pilot 360? Can the car stop itself without stalling in a manual?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you're right, but the B&P directly duplicates the Reference Guide PDF, which was released to help navigate the website. The PDF even has a statement directly related to this on the Badlands trim as well as the 2.3L MT / Mid Package option on the Black Diamond. After thinking about this, I think this is intentional, but I guess we'll find out more as this moves along.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford may be purposefully trying to lower MT take rate.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So ridiculous they are not offering the manual with the mid-package! Seriously re-considering buying one now. Do you think it could be the Ford Co-Pilot 360? Can the car stop itself without stalling in a manual?
The purpose of emergency braking is to stop in an emergency. Personally I dont think it matters one bit if the engine stalls while doing it. The point is to not hit the thing in front of you.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I literally joined Twitter JUST to get his attention, not that’ll do any good. Extremely bummed right now. That’s literally my one true WANT on this thing. Got me really considering going back to focusing on a Gladiator.
Ford Bronco No manual with mid-package 32369156-4D7F-40A1-9B39-A640090AF47D

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford may be purposefully trying to lower MT take rate.
Unfortunately, that's my thought as well. One less thing Ford has to develop for MY22 and beyond, we'll see. I hope that assumption is incorrect.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seriously, how many MTs do you think Ford contracted for MY21? 5% of expected production? I’m thinking they have no where near enough MTs to handle the demand. Seems like they are pushing people away from the MT for a reason.
Sponsored