First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The worst mod I had to change was I purchased a Flowmaster Flow FX dual exhaust. After two weeks, it was so loud and sounded like a 10-year-old rental SXS with a blowout exhaust. Every time I went out off-roading, I was worried I was going to pancake it. Within 45 days, I replaced it with the FLowmaster all-black American Thunder.
IMG_0549.jpeg
Simple. Which mod(s) ,accessory, option do you ‘regret’ and why- cost, look, performance etc…?
A ‘Like’ for a post means you agree- it shouldn’t have been done. Post your worst or your cautionary tales.
1704478023496.gif
The worst mod I had to change was I purchased a Flowmaster Flow FX dual exhaust. After two weeks, it was so loud and sounded like a 10-year-old rental SXS with a blowout exhaust. Every time I went out off-roading, I was worried I was going to pancake it. Within 45 days, I replaced it with the FLowmaster all-black American Thunder. The dual FLow FX looked like it came off the red lowrider Bronco. Yes, I know, bad choice! Below are before and after.

rear.bumper.jpeg

American.Thunder.jpg
Sponsored

JB 208

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, so far I’d say it’s a tie between the plug n’ play kicker 200.4 kit and the pre-wired accessory switch box. Mostly because I haven’t added any accessories to this point and am having a hard time coming up with worthy accessories. It seems that most people use them for light bars. This is a daily driver that goes camping and light four wheeling. (I’ve locked in the axles twice and probably only needed to once).
The plug n’ play kit did just what they said they would do and install was easy. It unlocked full signal to the rear. But I don’t like the Kicker DS series. Thinking that replacing those with better 4” and rerunning the DSP tuning will help.
favorite mods (I realize you didn’t ask) are wireless phone charger and powered sub. That sun helps a ton! And the wireless charging pad makes it feel a little more modern.
Addendum- I forgot that I added door cup holders for all four doors. I use those the most and actually think they’re essential.

Justinfro

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Cayman S (987.2), 911sc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

StickerFab vinyl covers work great.

Trying to "delete" the Airbag/rollover stickers on my visors. I ended up spray painting them, and they look ok now - but they don't look new. Or great. Just ok.

My biggest regret was luckily a relatively cheap one. The plastic door handle insert pockets looked cheap to me. They lasted one drive.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP. This is a great thread!

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

+1 on the exhaust error. I installed the Corsa Sport last week and I pretty much hate the sound. Its not terribly loud, and there is no drone, but it just doesnt sound good IMHO. The stock exhaust will be going back on as soon as I get some time and decent weather.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Worst mod for me was the plastic tray that replaces the mesh bags on the lower front door,it hit my shin and made me feel squished . Gave it to a buddy good riddance.
hehe, that’s my favorite mod. Yeah it’s annoying and bumps my leg, but I use it all the time and so much better than the netting

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've only had my Bronco for a few weeks. Based on reading all the posts about rocks scratching up the paint on the doors from being kicked up by the Sas tires, I ordered the IAG front mudflaps only and put them on yesterday. I'm trying to get used to it and give myself some time to get used to the aesthetics, but it's honestly bothering the SH*T out of me. I just don't like the way they look. I'm weighing the aesthetic qualities vs. the risk of my paint getting scratched. Not sure what I'll do.
I did the OEM mudflaps on the front. I really like the integrated look and the price was right, too. The only problem is they aren't designed to work with the factory rock rails. I didn't realize that until after my return window was closed, so on advice of a member here, I just cut a hole for the rock rails using an X-acto knife. Unless you get down on your knees and up close, they look factory native. There's a screw on the front of the rock rail that requires cutting a little extra for clearance. I would do it again this way, if I had to.

Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? image

Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? 20230428_164131

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, so far I’d say it’s a tie between the plug n’ play kicker 200.4 kit and the pre-wired accessory switch box. Mostly because I haven’t added any accessories to this point and am having a hard time coming up with worthy accessories. It seems that most people use them for light bars. This is a daily driver that goes camping and light four wheeling. (I’ve locked in the axles twice and probably only needed to once).
The plug n’ play kit did just what they said they would do and install was easy. It unlocked full signal to the rear. But I don’t like the Kicker DS series. Thinking that replacing those with better 4” and rerunning the DSP tuning will help.
favorite mods (I realize you didn’t ask) are wireless phone charger and powered sub. That sun helps a ton! And the wireless charging pad makes it feel a little more modern.
If you ever sell your Bronco, you just need to explain how those switches come with pre-wiring to various points on the vehicle, and they will sell themselves. I feel like this is a guaranteed 100% return on investment. :)

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I regret trying to save money on a half roof rack. Went with the Hooke Road offering which looks pretty good and is made fairly well but the dam front and rear valance cross panels vibrated like a badly out of tune guitar and reverberated throughout the cabin. The faster I went the louder the noise got to the point of unbearable. I ended up removing the front valance panel and reinforcing the rear valance panel which got rid of 90% of the noise. I finally gave up and removed the whole thing, it now sits in storage.

F2W12

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I seem to be in the minority on most things here. I think the OBX stock rims look great and I love the netting door pockets!

These are the mods I've done and really like each one:
  • Trail Armor Rocker Panels - looks great to cover the pinch welds but made out of plastic with drainage to not trap moisture against the frame.
  • Beegrow Center Console Organizer - I didn't opt for Lux on my 2023, so the included wireless charger works great and I always know where my phone is at.
  • Beegrow Rear Ceiling Lights - adds a ton of light and a little cheaper than Mabett for the exact same thing.
  • SQQP Mesh Grill Inserts - This is how the OBX grill should have looked from the beginning. Those huge holes where you can see all the random internal components looks terrible to me. The piano black finish makes it look OEM.
  • Replaced the dash and pod 4" speakers and gave the rears full range with FORSCAN. Along with my 7 speaker stock system that actually came with function OEM amp and sub, made a huge positive difference.
  • Bronco Script Emblems from Stickerfab - bigger and metal. Super high quality.
  • Weathertech Floor Liners - spend the extra few bucks for the HP version.
  • Weathertech Child Car Seat Protectors - Finally something I can use that will keep my kid's car seats from putting permanent indents in the seat. Since Weathertech also claims they have been crash tested, my wife was actually onboard.
  • Upgraded OEM Tires to General Grabbers in 275/70/18 and standard load.
  • Broflaps mudflaps for the front - works with the factory steps, easy to install, and a minimalist in their looks.

EDIT: Added some I missed.

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My worst mod was doing the windshield protection film. It's difficult to avoid scratching it when off-roading because you can't use the wipers if there is debris on the windshield, or it will scratch the film. But the bigger problem was that it didn't stop the windshield from cracking. Wouldn't you know, the first big rock to hit the windshield nailed it right up near the edge, which caused it to crack to the edge and then grow from there. Trying to preserve the front windshield was a gamble, and it didn't pay off. :(

JB 208

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you ever sell your Bronco, you just need to explain how those switches come with pre-wiring to various points on the vehicle, and they will sell themselves. I feel like this is a guaranteed 100% return on investment. :)
Oh 100% agreed. It really isn’t a regret even though I’d probably rather have the sunglasses holder. I do agree that it is a resale boost. And you could argue that makes it worth it right there. I just don’t use any of the switches at all. And I did add the sunglasses holders afterwards. They work fine.