Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I hope this doesn't make you go crazy, but have you noticed that the bar is not level with the dashboard? I had to add something like 6 washers to the center mount point to make the bar actually get level with the dash. Looks a little cheesy in the center because you can see the stacked washers, but that was less irritating than seeing a slanted BYOD bar.
I can't say I've noticed, but then again, I also replaced the mounting point on the dash to the SLAP from AR so that may have alleviated that.
Also, I'm gonna pretend I didn't read this because I don't want to know.
Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So.... I'm gonna need a list of where you got those mounts, just installed the BAM rail a few days ago and do not have any mounts for it yet. :D
There are several options, but this is one of the base mounts.
On one of these, I have this phone mount attached to it.
I also have a few AR | BALLS that I used to mount a RAM arm joint to mount my tablet to for off grid navi.

I also have quick release picatinny mounts that I use for my GoPro from this store on Etsy. However, I don't see them on his page anymore so you may want to reach out to him.
They come off with a quick flip and you can move and mount them anywhere on the rail.
The GoPros are mounted to these adaptors.

I also have a 3D printed walkie mount that I got from this store on Etsy but also no longer there.

That should cover most of it.

The hardest part of finding mounts for the picatinny rail is that the rail is designed to be used on the barrel end of a rifle, so most of the mounts are designed to point straight along the barrel, not sideways. But the threaded mounts work well, sometimes may need to add a washer in between to adjust.

Happy hunting.

Last edited:

SamSqantch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So what cost the most was the labor, particularly because I wanted a DSP and to have it tuned. That alone cost me 1k. The rest of the labor was $300. Outside of that I got a 1000w 5 channel marine amp($550), an additional AMP ($130), 6 channel 17' RCAs and good kicker speakers for the front + 6 3/4" coaxial speakers. After tax (NJ liberal taxes) it came to about 3k.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I regret trying to save money on a half roof rack. Went with the Hooke Road offering which looks pretty good and is made fairly well but the dam front and rear valance cross panels vibrated like a badly out of tune guitar and reverberated throughout the cabin. The faster I went the louder the noise got to the point of unbearable. I ended up removing the front valance panel and reinforcing the rear valance panel which got rid of 90% of the noise. I finally gave up and removed the whole thing, it now sits in storage.
Appreciate this comment. I have been toying with the half roof rack as well because I like to remove the front and middle roof panels in the summer, but still want rooftop storage. I have been waiting for the market to "settle" on a few winners to avoid spending money on a donkey product. Thanks for saving me some $$$.

Sponsored

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
EDIT: Totally my fault. Went back in and tightened my ground and it got MUCH brighter.

Sad to say but I've got a bit of a love/hate thing going on with my IAG dome light kit. Sure, I got the install done okay which was a super pain with my big ol hands....no blame there. But it seems like half the time they're not bright enough for whatever I need? I've seen complaints the other way (too bright - maybe that was the other kit?) - I WISH that was my issue. Can't see a dang thing on the floor, even with nothing in the way, and at night. It's considerably better than stock, but I feel like I could have had better results wiring in some Amazon LED strip along the halo like I did in the cargo area.

For what it's worth, I'm not digging on anything but the brightness of the kit. The rest is fine, and I would/probably will buy from IAG again in the future.

Last edited:

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mabbet mudflaps. I considered RokBlokz and Gatorback. Since a lot of my trail mods were big $$, I figured the Mabbets "will do." I got them on a false sale of about $140. Sure enough, snapped one on the medium-rated Ma Bell trail in Northampton, Mass. Looking online, I saw a set of identical no-names (iAG sells them, too) for about $60, and ordered them, since the best replacement I could find was front pair for $80. "Heck--I'll replace the broken one and have three spares!" I figuired.

So I'm replacing the broken one, and it hits me: "I'm going to keep replacing these stupid things and just get more mad at myself." So I ordered a set of RokBlokz, and am very pleased with them. I take them off for seriously rocky trails, and they bend enough for the occasional obstacle on a less challenging trail.

Epilogue: I gave the six flaps (set of four + two additional rears), plus two sets of hardware, to a street-Bronco owner in NYC. They now have a home where they truly belong.
Pics or vids of running Ma bell? That's a fun trail

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The worst mod I had to change was I purchased a Flowmaster Flow FX dual exhaust. After two weeks, it was so loud and sounded like a 10-year-old rental SXS with a blowout exhaust. Every time I went out off-roading, I was worried I was going to pancake it. Within 45 days, I replaced it with the FLowmaster all-black American Thunder.

The worst mod I had to change was I purchased a Flowmaster Flow FX dual exhaust. After two weeks, it was so loud and sounded like a 10-year-old rental SXS with a blowout exhaust. Every time I went out off-roading, I was worried I was going to pancake it. Within 45 days, I replaced it with the FLowmaster all-black American Thunder. The dual FLow FX looked like it came off the red lowrider Bronco. Yes, I know, bad choice! Below are before and after.

rear.bumper.jpeg

American.Thunder.jpg
Can you please point me in the direction as to where I can pick up that license relocation kit? Thanks

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is unfortunate. I've seen a "hack" that you use pure acetone to remove the sticker. I've never been brave enough to try it, for a fear of the irreversible damage that may come with it.
Sticker fab makes cheap covers for those that look great. can't even tell they are on there

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch + Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've only had my Bronco for a few weeks. Based on reading all the posts about rocks scratching up the paint on the doors from being kicked up by the Sas tires, I ordered the IAG front mudflaps only and put them on yesterday. I'm trying to get used to it and give myself some time to get used to the aesthetics, but it's honestly bothering the SH*T out of me. I just don't like the way they look. I'm weighing the aesthetic qualities vs. the risk of my paint getting scratched. Not sure what I'll do.
I had the same debate - decided against flaps because I don’t think they look right on a Bronco, but mostly I didn’t want to bust them up or have them in my way on trails. I’ve heard plenty of scary “clangs” once I get back on the road but so far haven’t noticed a single scar (from thrown rocks at least!).

I think most of what I hear is hitting the factory rail which, as others have said, actually does a pretty decent job. And eventually you’ll get some dings but you’ll have had fun doing it!
Sponsored