First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Really? I got the front section only PPF and love it. I ceramic coated the Bronco and it has been trouble-free and I am sure it has prevented a ton of hood dings.

What do you have to take care of with a full body PPF? Only reason I didn't do it was because of the cost. The quotes at the time were stupid expensive $3K and up.
Not sure what he's on about. Wash it and keep it protected just like if it were paint. Only downside is you can't really polish it like paint when it starts to show wear. Love my full PPF. It's far less work overall because you pretty much just don't worry about it.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been over 20 years since I leased a vehicle (when I was in sales and could write it off), and at the time, the residual value when the lease was up was cast in stone. The "purchase price" and the residual value have to be set in order to determine the lease payments because you are only paying for the value of the car that you used during the lease period (starting value minus final/residual value).

Of course things could have changed in the last 2 decades... but having a known final (residual) value is how you decided if you wanted to buy out the lease.

If the dealership screwed up and projected a residual value well under the market value (as may be the case with Broncos), it could be worth it to buy it and keep it, or even flip it and pocket the difference and then lease something new. (it also means you were potentially overpaying over the term of the lease, so if you don't buy the car, they win twice: you overpaying, and then being able to sell the car above the book value and make even more money on the same vehicle).

If they screwed up the other way and set a residual value well above the residual/current market value, then you lucked out and had a lease payment that did not reflect the actual usage cost of the vehicle and you walk away, and they are stuck with a car on the books that is higher than what they can sell if for used.

The issue for the OP that I didn't understand when I first read his post is that he doesn't have the cash to buy out the lease and the lease "money factor" (the equivalent of the "interest rate" for a new car loan) will be higher if he re-leases his vehicle again given the current interest rate environment. However, since the starting value of the vehicle is much lower the overall lease payment should still be lower even with a higher lease money factor.
Correct, the residual is listed on the lease. Way back during release there were several posts here showing the residuals across the different trims...I presume Ford used these residuals.

I was in a similar situation with my wife's leased Terrain. We were able to buy-out at the pre-determined residual price w/o a down payment spread over 4yrs which kept the payment virtually the same. Sucks the interest rates are up currently but if he can do a buy-out and keep the same payment w/o having to put a down payment that's probably the least painful option IMO.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's been over 20 years since I leased a vehicle (when I was in sales and could write it off), and at the time, the residual value when the lease was up was cast in stone. The "purchase price" and the residual value have to be set in order to determine the lease payments because you are only paying for the value of the car that you used during the lease period (starting value minus final/residual value).

Of course things could have changed in the last 2 decades... but having a known final (residual) value is how you decided if you wanted to buy out the lease.

If the dealership screwed up and projected a residual value well under the market value (as may be the case with Broncos), it could be worth it to buy it and keep it, or even flip it and pocket the difference and then lease something new. (it also means you were potentially overpaying over the term of the lease, so if you don't buy the car, they win twice: you overpaying, and then being able to sell the car above the book value and make even more money on the same vehicle).

If they screwed up the other way and set a residual value well above the residual/current market value, then you lucked out and had a lease payment that did not reflect the actual usage cost of the vehicle and you walk away, and they are stuck with a car on the books that is higher than what they can sell if for used.

The issue for the OP that I didn't understand when I first read his post is that he doesn't have the cash to buy out the lease and the lease "money factor" (the equivalent of the "interest rate" for a new car loan) will be higher if he re-leases his vehicle again given the current interest rate environment. However, since the starting value of the vehicle is much lower the overall lease payment should still be lower even with a higher lease money factor.
Correct, my "value" of the car is in the paperwork for the end of the lease which is at the end of NOV of this year. It is something like $29,750. Which I am assuming is going to be fairly competitive against finding a different used 2021 Bronco. But all 16k miles have been from me and I ordered it exactly how I wanted it.

I am not at all second guessing my logic in leasing at the off, but the current state of the econ and the loss of my familytrucster is making me regret the lease now. I would rather already have the loan (@ the 2021 rates) and not have to get a new loan at the current stupid rates.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any modification that does not improve the off-road capability or performance of the vehicle is just a waste of money. Lockers and suspension upgrades yes, paint protection film and multicolor LED interior lights and vent clips, no.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My IAG door bins are a tad too small. Will Probably take them off a go with something that can actually hold a cup.
I was thinking about the IAG pocket one... Do you have the molle ones or the plastic pocket ones?

I just want one that can hold a Monster/Rockstar for road trips. Trying to sneak the can one handed while driving behind the webbing is a PITA.

I also want it to be easily removable, because I'd only use it / drink them for long drives.

Amazon.com: LitMiRaCle Front Door Storage Pockets Front Door Side Organizer Box Ford Bronco Storage Expansion Interior Accessories, Door Cup Holder, Compatible for Ford Bronco 2021 2022 2023 2/4 doors,2 PCS : Automotive

These look promising, and cheap.

Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And in the spirit of the thread, I think my regret is the Allied Expedition Basket attachment. Thought it would be a good thing to have for road trips as I have a soft top. I've never used it. If you are in AZ and are considering one of these, let me know. :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Tailgate Reinforcement | Allied Expedition

I am considering getting the Hooke Road rack for those road trips instead, now that I've seen some threads on how to make it quieter.... it seems easy enough to remove once I reach the destination, if, I'm there long enough, and I feel like flipping the soft top back. (say a summer road trip to Cali.)

But in reality, I haven't needed the extra space yet, just pack the pop-up camper better.

Amazon.com: Hooke Road Bronco Soft Top Roof Rack Overland Cargo Basket Carrier for 2021 2022 2023 2024 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Exclude Bronco Sport : Automotive

Last edited:

BroncBus

Badlands
First Name
Tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't do this myself but it came installed when I bought the Bronco. The RC tire relocation for 35s. Not necessary, leaves the tire hanging way out, and just added weight on the tailgate. Looks way better without it.
Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? 1704992945963
Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? 1704992968302

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Illuminated cup holder inserts. Yes, they were cheap but seems like they need to be recharged via USB every 48 hours. You can see one is dead already about 36 hours and 4 hours of road use later.
Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? 1704992968302
It’s like toting a pee bottle 24/7 😝

Sponsored

Scott M

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Black Diamond, '99 BMW M3, '88 BMW 325i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just want one that can hold a Monster/Rockstar for road trips. Trying to sneak the can one handed while driving behind the webbing is a PITA.

I also want it to be easily removable, because I'd only use it / drink them for long drives.

We have these, they are TPE rubber (not plastic) and flex to fit a variety of bottle sizes. I removed the bungie mesh all together since it made it difficult to slide a large water bottle in. They look and work great.
Amazon.com: IAG I-Line Front Door Pocket Organizer & Cup Holder TPE (1 Pair) fits Ford Bronco 2021-2024+ (Not Sport) : IAG I-Line: Automotive

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife would say swapping to the MRT trailed Rated exhaust.

Me: buying vinyl overlays for the visors, and grab handles before actually looking at what I was working with.

I removed the visors with a lot of effort, but it’s waaay better than a sticker. And the grab handle ones, don’t line up, and just looked ricey-

The other mods I’ve done, I love.

Minimalist, classy with function.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Light bar for me… wish I would’ve done more research because the noise from the wind deflection starts at about 40mph and is pretty unbearably loud when I’m hitting 80+
Same with roof racks, I take the non and off for that reason alone.

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And in the spirit of the thread, I think my regret is the Allied Expedition Basket attachment. Thought it would be a good thing to have for road trips as I have a soft top. I've never used it. If you are in AZ and are considering one of these, let me know. :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Tailgate Reinforcement | Allied Expedition

I am considering getting the Hooke Road rack for those road trips instead, now that I've seen some threads on how to make it quieter.... it seems easy enough to remove once I reach the destination, if, I'm there long enough, and I feel like flipping the soft top back. (say a summer road trip to Cali.)

But in reality, I haven't needed the extra space yet, just pack the pop-up camper better.

Amazon.com: Hooke Road Bronco Soft Top Roof Rack Overland Cargo Basket Carrier for 2021 2022 2023 2024 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Exclude Bronco Sport : Automotive
I've been considering one of these tire mounted racks for road trips because I can't imagine not being able to easily pull back the soft top. Any reason in particular that you dislike it? I'm a bit worried about the weight on the tailgate though.

KingCakeKid

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking about the IAG pocket one... Do you have the molle ones or the plastic pocket ones?

Amazon.com: LitMiRaCle Front Door Storage Pockets Front Door Side Organizer Box Ford Bronco Storage Expansion Interior Accessories, Door Cup Holder, Compatible for Ford Bronco 2021 2022 2023 2/4 doors,2 PCS : Automotive

These look promising, and cheap.
Mille panel. It can fit a can if you remove the net, but can’t fit most large drive through cups.
Sponsored