First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats dude! Show us pics when it comes? Any day 1 mods?
Still waiting on backordered tires.
37x12.5/17 MT Baja Boss AT
Icon Rebound (subject to change)
Perch collars, until I decide on something else
Not really a graphics person but I know they add HP so that could change in the future.
Have many other things to go on but the list is stupid long
Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When my Badlands get built I have zero intention to Rock Crawl it.

I’ll go in dirt and mud and sand but no hardcore Rock Climbing.

Anyone else the same with theirs after getting delivery?

I will lift mine 3”-4” and get some aesthetic mods (Full PPF, wheels and 37s when stock squatch tires need to be replaced).

Anyone else treat their Badlands same way?

My guess is majority.
That is what I do with my Base model, I put 33's on it and I'm good to go. Has all the amenities I need and saved me 1000's!

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is what I do with my Base model, I put 33's on it and I'm good to go. Has all the amenities I need and saved me 1000's!
I have had no issues with 33s on badlands. Granted the largest incline I've done is about 22 to 25 degrees. They have been good!

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. Badlands SAS, likely will never see anything but an occasional dirt road. No different than buying a Corvette and never bringing it to a race track.

Sponsored

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because I won’t hit rocks doesn’t mean I’m not impressed with those that do. That was impressive. I’lll live vicariously though you haha
you never know I started off overlanding for 5 yrs then BOOM rocks:)

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
rocks ain't for everyone........but sometimes rocks just find you even on the highway, at least in the mountains, so it might come in handy ;)

Thestralcowboy

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted 2.7 Lux Sasquatch and MGV seats and washout floors (I have dogs and that will be easier to clean). Badlands was only option fit all I needed. I’ll use sta bar disconnect when going on rough dirt roads etc. Just no rock climbing . My guess is I’ll use it off pavement more than most. With the 3-4” lift I’llbe adding I don’t think it would like rock climbing….
This was my exact thought process! There’s no lower trim that offers the lux package with non-leather and washout floors in a 2.7. However, I’d like to say this is the reason I’m going to *start* rock crawling more. My Jetta just doesn’t have the articulation necessary. 🤭

Bandit958

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 Bronco, 2021 F150 4x4 Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I'm one of the crazy ones. I got the Black Diamond for the mgv seats and the washout
floors. Didn't think I needed the BL. I got the heated seats,remote start, all the goodies with the Black Diamond, Here's a picture of the Bronco Off road. lol But next month We are going to the Silver Lake sand dunes. I don't judge
Everybody enjoy their Bronco in their own way.

bronc.jpg

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering how many Jeep Wrangler Rubicons I've seen that clearly have never seen dirt in their life (let alone a rock) you are probably right.

But no. If I had no intention on rock crawling, I would have saved myself a few thousand dollars and gotten a Black Diamond Sasquatch instead. Sway-bar disconnect isn't really necessary unless you are rock-crawling, and I rather not have an extra component on my vehicle that has the potential to cost thousands of dollars to repair when it breaks.

BUT, that's just me. You do you.
I disagree with you about the sway bar disconnect, there are lots of times where it would benefit to allow one side or the other drop-down for more traction. I crossed a muddy ditch at an angle and I got a wheel spin, so I dropped the sway bar without doing anything else and it dropped and grabbed, also climbing a steep dirt road with a slant and ruts, I already had the sway bar disconnected and it climbed right up. I turned around and climbed it again to see if it changed anything with the sway bar connected and I thought I was going to flip it… it works fine everywhere.

Sponsored

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Enjoy your purchase the way you want. I don’t understand when people tell others how they should use the thing they spent their own money on. It just doesn’t make sense other soothing their own insecurities somehow. However, I’m just the opposite of the OP. I love this thing on the rocks. Sooo much fun! But I hate the mud. I still end up in it way too much because of where I get to play but I hate it.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to do a little searching to see your comments. They got embedded in the quote lol

It really was the adventure of a lifetime! We are already planning the next one, and it's going to be much much farther!!

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had to do a little searching to see your comments. They got embedded in the quote lol

It really was the adventure of a lifetime! We are already planning the next one, and it's going to be much much farther!!

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You all want here the kicker of this post?

I cancelled order cause was sick of waiting and ended up buying fully loaded 22 Wildtrak. That isn’t seeing rocks either but at least I don’t have explain why I got Badands.

Now that I am an owner I’m in LOVE!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The closest this Badlands will ever get to off-road is when I hit the grass beside this driveway. I wish I had a spare Bronco to trash but this ain't it chief.
Ford Bronco No Rocks For My Badlands IMG_20220724_171824__01
Sponsored