First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love tech and really think an all electric bronco would be awesome! Imagine never having get gas! How sweet would that be. I would definitely be on board 100%
Should check out the Aptera. I saw that and it's the first time I've considered an electric vehicle. Not sure if they're in production yet.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why order the Badlands with it's skid plates and disconnecting stabar? I'm confused. As stated you could've saved a few thousand dollars to get a different trim model.
I was in this boat. I wanted the BD, but also needed to have heated seats (for the PNW) with the manual. So was "forced" into the BL to get the mid-package.

Will not be going rock crawling at all (unless out of necessity) and mainly doing mud and hills offroad for hunting and fishing, and some camping/overlanding.

The BL is definitely overkill for what I needed my Bronco to do, but I am OK with that. The additional $5-7K was irritating at the time, but I am over it now. I am enjoying it way too much. Have yet to engage the disco stabar, but have used the front and rear lockers.

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Should check out the Aptera. I saw that and it's the first time I've considered an electric vehicle. Not sure if they're in production yet.
I’ll look it up now. Let me check it out

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aptera looks so sci fi.

Sponsored

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely have plans to rock crawl, at least some of the easier trails. Only reason is I live far away from MOAB, like 17-19.5 hr drive depending on route. Otherwise, the vehicle will see plenty of off road trails that are mostly dirt and me just exploring forest roads, etc.

texasmark04

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bought my son a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, it has a 3.5" lift with 35" Nitto tires on it. About the most off-road that thing has seen is the beaches here in Texas.

I have the 4 Door Outer Banks with Sasquatch (I wanted the suspension and tires), but never had any intention of taking her rock-climbing. Off road yes (sand, mud, maybe gravel/small rock roads and trails).

Me and my son did the Off-Rodeo experience here in Texas (near Austin) a week ago, and have to say it was a hell of an experience, lots of rock climbing. Stuff I would never imagine even trying with my vehicle for fear of damaging car or worse, flipping the damn thing over. It was definitely fun as hell, and would love to do it again, but would not do it with my primary vehicle (which is the Bronco). Now my son wants to start taking his Jeep off-roading more.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When my Badlands get built I have zero intention to Rock Crawl it.

I’ll go in dirt and mud and sand but no hardcore Rock Climbing.

Anyone else the same with theirs after getting delivery?

I will lift mine 3”-4” and get some aesthetic mods (Full PPF, wheels and 37s when stock squatch tires need to be replaced).

Anyone else treat their Badlands same way?

My guess is majority.
As I have with my two Jeeps, I use them to get into the back country. No rocks, no deep water. I will travel on trail ratings up to a 4, and that depends on the trail. IMO any offroad truck out of the box is not made to be a major rock crawler. I know a few folks that do this and based on their experience they have major $$$ and mods that allow them to do this without issues every time they go out. They have a lot of fun, as I do, just different expectations.

I agree with you that most folks don't spend $60K or more and then beat the doobies out of them.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like others are saying, sounds like OBX would have been the better option for you.

I'm not going to do any major crawling, most places I go off-road are fine with any 4wd truck. Wanted a manual transmission 4 door, picked the big bend mansquatch and saved a ton of cash over going for a badlands.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not buying a Badlands to rock crawl specifically but I like camping and being outdoors. I have plans to drive the Bronco out west and do some exploring. In general I want to be confident that if decide to explore some random off-shoot that I'm not going to get into trouble and if things do get rocky that I'll be fine.