Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your post convinced me to make the move. Really glad I did. I concur with your statements on ride quality and noise.
5C12D6C2-EEDC-414A-8346-094963A822FD.jpeg
That looks excellent! Glad I could help and that you like it. Boy does that green look beautiful. Enjoy!
Sponsored

Ddeaner

Outer Banks
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. I think the chrome letters play really nice off the wheels and gives it a more retro vibe all around. Really happy with how it turned out .

Oski96

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the info in this thread. Took delivery today and swapped out the wheels, and it is totally worth it. I was originally considering changing out the tires on the stock Outer Banks wheels but the Badlands takeoffs look great, and was less expensive than buying a new set for the Outer Banks wheels.

IMG_7394.jpeg

IMG_7406.JPEG

IMG_7404.JPEG

Sponsored

Deleted member 49144

hello Everyone,

New to the group and this is actually my first post lol. This is my silver 2023 outer banks. I’m wanting to add the same setup with the wheels and use the Badlands takeoffs. It is my DD and I don’t want to get too crazy, I don’t go off-road much but still want to have an appealing look, so this was the perfect medium. I have no problem finding the wheels for $400-$500 and then arranging my own tires.

Current dilemma is the stock color of the rims and my particular color. Being that these rims are carbonized gray I feel like they wouldn’t look right on my color and would look “off”. I’m considering powder coating them black and going that route. Anybody have any pictures of the badlands rims in all black? Any suggestions?

thanks in advance, loving this thing so far.

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 0613EC71-6A9C-4E07-88C1-DDEA6A359B1E

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

hello Everyone,

New to the group and this is actually my first post lol. This is my silver 2023 outer banks. I’m wanting to add the same setup with the wheels and use the Badlands takeoffs. It is my DD and I don’t want to get too crazy, I don’t go off-road much but still want to have an appealing look, so this was the perfect medium. I have no problem finding the wheels for $400-$500 and then arranging my own tires.

Current dilemma is the stock color of the rims and my particular color. Being that these rims are carbonized gray I feel like they wouldn’t look right on my color and would look “off”. I’m considering powder coating them black and going that route. Anybody have any pictures of the badlands rims in all black? Any suggestions?

thanks in advance, loving this thing so far.

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed 0613EC71-6A9C-4E07-88C1-DDEA6A359B1E
Hey, welcome and congratulations on your new rig! As you are coming to know, they are highly customizable and I am just now deciding actually how I wanted my to look.
I have not seen anyone powder coat their BD wheels but I have seen several to the OBX wheels in black. A quick search should reveal those. Personally I could not stand the OBX wheels so I am now on my 2nd set of wheels after the OBX were taken off.
Hopefully you can find what you want. Enjoy!

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did this with my OBX last year. Badlands optional wheels. I love them.

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed PXL_20230310_201319200-01

Deleted member 49144

Thank you! I really don’t like these rims at all either, can’t wait to get rid of them. I did see another link to a wheel thread where a white one had them powder coated satin black and I think that’s the route I’m going to go.

Deleted member 49144

I did this with my OBX last year. Badlands optional wheels. I love them.

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed PXL_20230310_201319200-01
Are these wheels the same specs as the carbonized gray metallic ones? Or are these the Sasquatch ones? They have 315 tires? I’m looking to stay at the 285 or lower range

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are these wheels the same specs as the carbonized gray metallic ones? Or are these the Sasquatch ones? They have 315 tires? I’m looking to stay at the 285 or lower range
These are not sasq, they are the optional badlands wheels. They are bead lock capable like sasq, but are the same offset and tire size as the standard badlands wheels.

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed PXL_20230310_200759877

Deleted member 49144

These are not sasq, they are the optional badlands wheels. They are bead lock capable like sasq, but are the same offset and tire size as the standard badlands wheels.

Ford Bronco Non-Sas Outer Banks with Badlands factory takeoffs wheels / tires - installed PXL_20230310_200759877
Interesting 🤔. So I have a few options. Don’t know which ones I’m going to go with yet, I’ll have to check out some more pictures. If they are the same exact size, offset, tire size etc. then that’s what I’m looking for. Those look great 👍. I’d prolly have to powdercoat that outside bead locking part black to match the rest. Are those bf Goodrich the ones that everyone is saying is notorious for throwing rocks?

also how do I tell the difference between these and the Sasquatch ones if I was buying on Somewhere like ebay ?

BigP'sGreenMachine

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On paper, the diameter of the Badlands 285/70-17 tires is approximately 3/4" taller than the OBX stock tires. Which is a 3/8" radius so the Badlands should only raise the Bronco 3/8".
Here's my contribution to the thread.
Did you have any issues with rubbing? Do you have a lift?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks