Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This does not compute. Please help me understand why??
That's like saying "NO" to 95% of the potential buyers of a product like this.
Doesnt sasquatch already come re-enforced? Seems like the target would more be people like me with a badlands and adding aftermarket wheels.
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesnt sasquatch already come re-enforced? Seems like the target would more be people like me with a badlands and adding aftermarket wheels.
No, the only Bronco with a factory reinforced rear tire carrier is the Raptor. Anybody with aftermarket wheels at zero offset is the target. Nobody with factory Bronco wheels can use this product according to their marketing language.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something feels like it doesn't compute here. I have a BL Sasquatch.........swapped my stock sasquatch wheels out with 0-offset after market wheel and they fit just fine on the stock tailgate mount. If my stock setup works for factory sasquatch wheels AND works flawlessly with 0-offset aftermarket wheels...........then why wouldn't this setup work for stock and aftermarket?

Also, by the way, I had a flat tire last weekend where a phillips screwdriver bit got caught into my left driver wheel. I opened up the rear door when I had the wheel off of it and that door is UBER-light weight. It really made me consider more than I already had been at getting either a bumper-mounted wheel carrier or some acceptable reinforced hinge mount setup such as these.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it the picture or does the spare tire hang crooked?

Tire carrie... Why does it not fit on a SAS with factory wheels?

They may have been answered but, too many post / pages to go through and partial answers...

Thanks

Sponsored

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it the picture or does the spare tire hang crooked?

Tire carrie... Why does it not fit on a SAS with factory wheels?

They may have been answered but, too many post / pages to go through and partial answers...

Thanks
They already answered these questions in post #27.. C'mon... Most of these threads blow up to 20+ pages in a day or two... Three pages is too much to go through!?

Hi All,

Here to answer a few questions. The issue with the fitment on the Sasquatch package arises with the camera housing. The SASQUATCH package has a longer camera housing to accommodate the bead-locks so we engineered a new housing. This option will be available shortly AND will be included with ALL of the HD Wheel Mounts and HD Tire Carrier Kits.

As for the hinge (HFB-05-020, mesh plate) this is installed by the customer. You can have the mesh plate painted or powder coated to match the Bronco, or painted/powder coated as desired accent color; OR left off completely. This hinge is sold separately if you only want the hinge, and is compatible with all packages and OE wheel mounts. This acts as a molle panel and can be color matched or left as it.

Lastly, the spare tire mount has adjustments to angle tire as desired.

HFB.jpg

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They already answered these questions in post #27.. C'mon... Most of these threads blow up to 20+ pages in a day or two... Three pages is too much to go through!?
LOL... Great day, it answered all my questions! Thank you.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update! I was wrong about the carrier, but addressed it. @HavocOffroad

Late to the party here but I think what a lot of people are missing is Havocs set up is meant to pull the tire in toward the tailgate. (not true) I for example have the longest OEM tire carrier because of my +55 offset stock tires. Once I switched to 0mm offset beadlocks my tire (now much heavier) sits about 2" further off the tailgate. That is just bad all around. I am the guy specifically looking for a tire carrier that fits no OEM wheel because the offset is so short it pulls the 0 offset tire inward as far as possible. Anything less is just a compromise and not really worth it for me. Before anyone says it, no, not interested in bumper mounted carrier, tailgate is perfectly fine, and I have bigger plans for my bumper swing outs.

So, in short, no the Havoc Offroad tire carrier assembled as intended does not gain any offset. In fact, I think I lost half an inch (longer) vs my OEM which is already the longest offset version offered from the OEM. Big miss on Havoc's part! Ironically, this thing looks like it would work fine with OEM offset wheels, didn't test though.

The main reason I bought the Havoc carrier though was that it looked easily customizable. I know easy is relative, I am blessed to have a father-in-law with a dream shop, but the OEM one really is virtually impossible to mod with any sort of confidence and quality.

My solution was to use the Havoc Offroad tire carrier, delete the tire mount bracket, cut an identical pattern into the carrier base and save ~1.6-1.7" offset. Now my 0mm offset wheels sit only half an inch off the OEM tire bumpers. I am 3D printing a new bumper extension to fill the gap, a 0.5" extension, vs the previous 2" extension (I sell those by the way).

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: HD Tire Carrier from Havoc! 1691531392328

Here is my tire mounted with the OEM carrier. I made a bumper extension that was ~2" long to close the gap.

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: HD Tire Carrier from Havoc! 1691532571805
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: HD Tire Carrier from Havoc! 1691532604374

Here is the gap with the modified Havoc Offroad tire carrier.

Overall, I am very pleased with the results, and I think that Havoc, or some other company should offer a tire carrier with the capability to pull a tire in all the way to the OEM bump stops even with positive offset. Either offer different models, or better yet offer adjustability in the offset. It would be very easy for Havoc to offer the exact kit I used, but with the pattern cut into the base as an option, just like I did. I wouldn't mind a kickback for the idea either ;)

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: HD Tire Carrier from Havoc! 1691531687676
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: HD Tire Carrier from Havoc! 1691531724502

bye bye bracket.

Last edited:

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

Here to answer a few questions. The issue with the fitment on the Sasquatch package arises with the camera housing. The SASQUATCH package has a longer camera housing to accommodate the bead-locks so we engineered a new housing. This option will be available shortly AND will be included with ALL of the HD Wheel Mounts and HD Tire Carrier Kits.

As for the hinge (HFB-05-020, mesh plate) this is installed by the customer. You can have the mesh plate painted or powder coated to match the Bronco, or painted/powder coated as desired accent color; OR left off completely. This hinge is sold separately if you only want the hinge, and is compatible with all packages and OE wheel mounts. This acts as a molle panel and can be color matched or left as it.

Lastly, the spare tire mount has adjustments to angle tire as desired.

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: HD Tire Carrier from Havoc! 1691531724502
I bought the tailgate hinge only and received it yesterday, but I do not see how the tire is going to fit if I use the OE tire carrier. There just isn't enough room between the tailgate and the body.

Can you advise on how this is supposed to work? There aren't new (longer) bump stops supplied in the kit, so even if the tire sits farther out on the OE tire carrier, it's not braced against anything solid and could cause a lot more damage than would occur without the tailgate reinforcement.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed yesterday. Thankfully I didn't lose my tailgate bolt brackets as a few others have reported!

My only two areas of feedback is that the tailgate and brace are metal-on-metal, so it would have been ideal to have a thin layer of foam to protect the paint underneath to prevent rust in the future, and the hinge assembly shape is almost totally in visible from most viewing angles - so it will look like two thick straps of metal over your hinges, unless you view from one narrow angle on the passenger side. I imagine this is why all of their marketing materials show this angle and not a direct rear angle.
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: HD Tire Carrier from Havoc! 1000008979

The brace itself is strong, well built, and HEAVY. The UPS tracking indicated a shipped weight just over 38lbs.

Installation directions were OK, but I've seen the Mabett folks install their reinforcement and hinge setup without detaching the camera and brake light wiring, by setting the tailgate in the cargo area. Havoc's installation, while more time, is safer because you aren't balancing your tailgate inside the cargo area.

The brace comes with a nice low profile mounting bracket which affixes to the top of the upper hinge, allowing you to mount an antenna, flag, or other lightweight accessory.

If Havoc releases a Jerry can mount for this hinge, they can count me in.

Sponsored

Tugger5oh

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed yesterday. Thankfully I didn't lose my tailgate bolt brackets as a few others have reported!

My only two areas of feedback is that the tailgate and brace are metal-on-metal, so it would have been ideal to have a thin layer of foam to protect the paint underneath to prevent rust in the future, and the hinge assembly shape is almost totally in visible from most viewing angles - so it will look like two thick straps of metal over your hinges, unless you view from one narrow angle on the passenger side. I imagine this is why all of their marketing materials show this angle and not a direct rear angle.
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: HD Tire Carrier from Havoc! 1000008979

The brace itself is strong, well built, and HEAVY. The UPS tracking indicated a shipped weight just over 38lbs.

Installation directions were OK, but I've seen the Mabett folks install their reinforcement and hinge setup without detaching the camera and brake light wiring, by setting the tailgate in the cargo area. Havoc's installation, while more time, is safer because you aren't balancing your tailgate inside the cargo area.

The brace comes with a nice low profile mounting bracket which affixes to the top of the upper hinge, allowing you to mount an antenna, flag, or other lightweight accessory.

If Havoc releases a Jerry can mount for this hinge, they can count me in.

How is the brace holding up? Did you reuse your factory sas carrier?

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is the brace holding up? Did you reuse your factory sas carrier?
This thing is solid. The tailgate no longer shudders the way it did with the factory hinges.

Yeah, I opted to reuse the factory SAS tire carrier because I'm not mounting different wheels anytime soon, and it was far more cost effective for me to buy the tailgate by itself, with that in mind.
Sponsored