First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wanted to lock my key fob in the car. I do a lot of bike riding and I didn’t want to carry it and risk the possibility of dropping it. Therefore I bought a faraday bag and this work fine. However recently I found another way to do it.

as most probably know if you lock the car with the inside lock buttons and the key fob in the car it will recognize the key fob and allow the touch opening of the handles. However if you use the FordPass to lock doors it will not open with the touch opening and the fob still in the car. I thought that was an interesting observation that I didn’t know and haven’t seen in other threads about this topic. Anyone see in issues with this. Not sure why the ford pass lock would be different?
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes - that is the way it works and it is the same with the number keypad as well.

Also - ever go on a bike ride and then realize you broke or lost your phone ? One ride I did, I came back, and the app said the service was unavailable at the time. :oops: I think I did end up having a key on me, so that saved the day. But think if the key was inside.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Keypad will do the same thing.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t have the keypad on mine but I see lots of threads about this or similar. Might be time to invest in a keypad

OP
OP
ocbucks1

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today I learned there's people that don't know this..
Today I learned there are people who think everyone knew this. (More surprising than the latter).

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Phones strike me as far more fragile than the keyfob. Plus, cell service is pretty spotty depending on where one is bike riding.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to lock my key fob in the car. I do a lot of bike riding and I didn’t want to carry it and risk the possibility of dropping it. Therefore I bought a faraday bag and this work fine. However recently I found another way to do it.

as most probably know if you lock the car with the inside lock buttons and the key fob in the car it will recognize the key fob and allow the touch opening of the handles. However if you use the FordPass to lock doors it will not open with the touch opening and the fob still in the car. I thought that was an interesting observation that I didn’t know and haven’t seen in other threads about this topic. Anyone see in issues with this. Not sure why the ford pass lock would be different?
I do not have a bronco but I do appreciate your research and findings. I like locking my keys in my car occasionally so they are not lost or damaged (water parks, etc)

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So then at the trail head the tweekers break a window and drive off in your Bronco.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But will it start if they break the window?

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally i have the cargo enclosure and a faraday pouch for beach days. I also don’t have doors on when I go to the beach. I lock my stuff in the back. I lock the truck with the keypad in my fuel door. We mostly go to Topsail Beach where a lot of Marines hang out, so the Bronco is pretty safe. Just needed a small deterrent to yell and engage the corp.

One thing I have learned. Not all of the “faraday“ pouches and boxes work out there. I had not work that I got online. Put your key fob in the faraday container you buy and walk around the Bronco to make sure I doesn’t unlock. Then sit in the Bronco with the faraday container on your lap and make sure no fob is detected.
Sponsored