October Granger reservation holders

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have an Oct 2020 Granger reservation. I'm not cancelling it. I'm not trying to move it. I'm not looking to buy a Bronco somewhere else.

I am, however, a little less excited as each month passes. And there will be a LOT of months/years until my turn comes up.

Just wondering what the general consensus of others in the same boat is - staying the course, looking elsewhere, bailing out? (Of course, if folks have already bailed out, they most likely aren't on this board to read this....)
Sponsored

BadSquatch22

Badlands
First Name
Catalin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m in the same boat.. I reserved on January 3rd 2021 with Granger and looks like I might not get mine until 2024 or soā€¦ Iā€™ve basically given up on my Bronco.. but kept the order just in case I happen to get lucky by some crazy chance..

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4Runner.

In all seriousness, Iā€™d give it some time. October reservation holders were told to expect end of 2022 anyway. While we are all discouraged (Iā€™m day 2 Granger and still a ways out), Ford may change the allocations again once the big greedy boys are off their back.

Price protection is through 2023 I think, and with inflation and all of that, I suspect Ford will look to clear the reservations off the books at some point.

Or not. In which case ā€¦ 2023 4Runner šŸ™‚

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Early Grangtober reservation here. I decided to stay the course over ordering elsewhere. With last year's allocation and the number they've been allocated in Q1 of this year, I estimate that I'm looking at a late MY23 or early MY24. I will most likely be ordering a Jeep Wrangler from Granger this month. Who knows where head will be next year. I assume the competition will be coming out with something else that may catch my eye before my Bronco is built or I may simply decide to keep the Jeep and cancel my reservation. All I know is that I plan to enjoy the hell out of my Jeep until I have to make a decision.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not place a second order at a local dealer and see if your number comes up sooner? I have a feeling that by end of 2022 most of the Grainger loyalists will either find one elsewhere or drop out. Nothing against Grainger, but it seems like things are starting to flow and Broncos will be readily available by end of 2022. For a few thousand bucks Iā€™d rather be driving a Bronco sooner if possible. I hope Ford just opens the flood gates for Grainger and you all get trucks in 2022.

Sponsored

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got my day 2 BD reservation delivered from a different dealership, but Iā€™m keeping my Grangetober res alive as well. I donā€™t expect to see it this year, but in 2023 I might be ready to upgrade some equipment so that would potentially time out very well. I put in my order email for a Badlands with High package and the 2.7 engine today. I say ā€œmight beā€ ready to upgrade because I could see myself being too sentimental about my BD to let her go even for the same thing with fancier options!

For real though, if my early res dealer had decided to play cruel games, Iā€™d have bought a Bronco Sport from Granger in a heartbeat and waited it out. The Sport gets a lot of flack on this forum, but for what it is, I think itā€™s a fine option. Though if the ā€˜23 Ranger magically appeared, Iā€™d take that as my first alternate.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 10/1 to go with our 8/17. I decided to use the 8/17 obviously, not that it changes much. Iā€™m not placing anymore orders locally or anywhere else because it wonā€™t matter. We want a 2 door and thatā€™s the ultimate sin anyways. Weā€™re just seeing what happens and if it gets to the point where we just donā€™t care anymore weā€™ll move on. 4 runner is an option when it is refreshed.

OP
OP

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why not place a second order at a local dealer and see if your number comes up sooner? I have a feeling that by end of 2022 most of the Grainger loyalists will either find one elsewhere or drop out. Nothing against Grainger, but it seems like things are starting to flow and Broncos will be readily available by end of 2022. For a few thousand bucks Iā€™d rather be driving a Bronco sooner if possible. I hope Ford just opens the flood gates for Grainger and you all get trucks in 2022.
No other dealer has earned my business, thus Iā€™ll just stick with the one that has. I guess Iā€™m stubborn like that. Plus, locally, there is not a Ford dealer that Iā€™d buy a vehicle from with your money! (There used to be, a small dealership in a small town. Oldest Ford dealership continuously owned by one family in the US. Now defunct. šŸ¤”) I donā€™t need a Bronco, I just want one, and I have plenty of other vehicles to drive. I guess the bottom line is, if Ford wants to screw Granger, and me too, to the point that I have to wait so long that my enthusiasm completely evaporates, then I just wonā€˜t be driving a Bronco. And if that happens, at 61, I doubt that Iā€™ll ever consider another Ford product. (Currently have 4 Ford products, about 30 vehicles total, couldnā€™t even begin to count how many vehicles Iā€™ve owned in my lifetime.)

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Grangetober reservation but didnā€™t place an order. I was waiting until I could order a 2door Basemansquatch but the thought of waiting until 2024 has caused me to lose excitement even for a great deal @ $2k below invoice. Iā€™m kind of regretting giving up my July 2020 reservation. I have other cars so donā€™t need a Bronco now but sometime in 2022 would be nice.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Funny how things work out. I was excited for the October offer as I really didnā€™t want a ā€˜21 anyways as I normally wait a model year or two to let the bugs get worked out. My 16 year old Escape is dying from iron oxide cancer and will need replacement before 2024. So I took Zachā€™s offer on buying a Bronco Sport in the interim. Should be built this month. It will be a good replacement for the Escape but not a good replacement for the Lightning which was the plan. I can wait and will, but would take it today if Ford would build it! Itā€™s Bronco or bust for me at this point!

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat with a 10/14/20 reservation. I took Zach up on his offer and bought a 2dr Rubicon at 4% under invoice. Placed my order on 10/25 production started on 12/16 and mine was built on 12/23 and awaiting shipping. It came out to the same price as my Badlands so it was an even wash.

It's to bad Ford couldn't stick to their original plan and build these by timestamp. I still have my Bronco order and will see how things play out over the years. I highly doubt Ford is going to keep price protecting them until 2024. By then I would hope they have this mess straightened out and local dealers will have plenty of them on their lots.

Ford Bronco October Granger reservation holders '22 Rubicon.JPG

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

10/04 Granger baby here. I've laughed, I've cried, it's been an emotional rooler coaster.

Seriously, I've been all over the place with different plans, and finally I said screw the whole thing. The CEO of my humble empire and me talked, and decided we would stick with the deal. We removed one of the most deadly sins from our order, the MIC, and will wait however long it takes. We have a Wrangler to play with until then. As stated, Ford could actually "nut up", and do the right thing for it's reservations holders. I'm not gonna bet the farm that will happen, but stranger things have.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10/3 (or thereabouts I think) here, maybe 475 back in line. I am quite pleased as more time goes on. The irrational excitement of getting the new shiny is almost completely gone, gives me a more pragmatic perspective; Full disclosure, 2-door, BL, manual, EG.

The continued inability for anyone to post a picture of a hard-top, especially in 2-door form, that is not showing signs of build quality I wouldn't accept in a 1984 Yugo is making me happy I don't have to deal with that (not that 2-door folks in general are getting a lot of them anyway). My best case estimate is very late '23 to mid '24 (which, if Ford ever does produce Mod-tops, I will be 'pumped' to get one and they should be at least on the RADAR at that time.) One would assume the not-so niggling faults on the MIC and in the vehicle itself might be improved.

It also gives me time to wait for the new 4Runner and the straight six Grand Cherokees should be out by then for my consideration (yes, I know the roof and doors won't come off either of those, I am one of the (surprisingly many) folks that tolerate the the leaky and loud MIC as a trade-off for the manual transmission option. If I choose to go with an automatic, there are better matches for my needs and wants.)

It has been a very long time since I sent my $100, means nothing to me at this point (I'll even get it back if I cancel), Granger, as others have pointed out have earned my business and, to date, have given me zero stress or worry. I will stay the course for now, costs me essentially nothing financially or in the stress department. Might turn out the incremental improvements (or outright update by the time I get to the time Ford deems me important enough to service) are worth the wait.

StedeBonnett

Outer Banks
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A fellow 10/1 Granger reservation/order holder. I have a 2-door OBX with all the delay sins on order.

My goal is to stay steadfast. My wife has a basically brand new Forester Touring (late 2020) and I have an excellent ride a 2012 Mustang GT. I don't have an urgent need other than just the emotional tug of wanting the Bronco now.

My wife has tried to push me towards the Mach E but I see what she's doing. She wants the Mach E.

I have reached out to two local upstate SC dealers both are telling me 13 months, and the price quote ends up being around $1000 over MSRP.

I've decided if I stay with the Bronco it will be with Granger. I'm going to re-evaluate in six months. In the meantime, I'm on the list to get a test drive of an M240i. I might also explore the cost of upgrading our home to a level 2 charging and trying to find a Mach E GT to test drive.
Sponsored