Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Snorkels... you need to do a dozen other things to the engine and transmission before the snorkel has any meaningful purpose. There is dust up there, you're cai performance dreams are futile.
I don't really get CAI. Stock intakes draw air from in front of the radiator=cool. CAI draws from the engine compartment (sans snorkel)=hot. Snorkels add length to intake system, length=friction=restriction. And if they're used for deep water, well that's just asking for trouble.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't really get CAI. Stock intakes draw air from in front of the radiator=cool. CAI draws from the engine compartment (sans snorkel)=hot. Snorkels add length to intake system, length=friction=restriction. And if they're used for deep water, well that's just asking for trouble.
Stock intakes almost never draw air from the front. A lot of the time they poke out into one wheel wheel or another, or simply pull air in from the engine bay. A proper CAI is supposed to relocate the intake low where the hot air isn't. That doesn't work on an off-road vehicle so enter the snorkel, pulling cold air from up high, which also puts it above a lot of the dust being kicked up. There is more restriction but the ram effect of the scoop more than makes up for it.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love my Jerry cans, but after using rotopax, they are great! Comes in different sizes and multiple mounting options…
I've been thinking about Rotopax lately because unlike a Wrangler, there doesn't seem to be a lot of spaces on the 2-door Bronco's body to mount Jerry cans.😞

I was kind of hoping Ford would offer an accessory to mount a couple on the hood using the trail sites. I've seen old Jeeps with Jerry can mounts on the hood. The Bronco trail sites say they'll hold 100 lbs. That would be 10 or 12 gallons of water. 🤔

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jerry/gas cans, hi-lift jack, "rock" lights, amber chase lights.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Flux Capacitors - they never work right

Ford Bronco Off Road Mods People Think Are Cool, But Really Aren’t 1625004760863
Au contraire. The flux capacitor always works flawlessly. It's those damn time circuits that always act up.

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Au contraire. The flux capacitor always works flawlessly. It's those damn time circuits that always act up.
My mistake!!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too much lift. Bonus points for a Bluetooth driveshaft to go with.

Exactly this…where else would you put your beer on while you asses damage?
Just avoid Taco Bell.

35's on D30's. I hated seeing big tires on small axles. Usually meant a long day recovering someone with a busted axle.
Or 40s on D44s...looking at several people here.

Coming to a Bronco near you. I bet we see the first one offered in time for Christmas.