Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 bronco, 1974 cj5, 2013 jku Moab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm an ultralight backpacker, so my whole camp fits in a backpack, but that looks very interesting. Do you have more pictures of the trailer deployed? I'd love to see what it converts into or has in it for camping and more of your base camp style setup.
I rarely base camp; it’s six minutes to set up!

Attachments

ModernDayDrifter

Wildtrak
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m more of a “Glampour” but it still towed the Retro 193 great. It’s sitting a little lower in the back because the trailer was completely overloaded (around 4500 LBS total weight). Normally it sits about level…
Ford Bronco Off Road Towing (Bronco + Mammoth Overland set-up) 861AAFA9-AE0F-4128-8372-7065F58FAF1E
i

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa. That's rad. Awesome photography too!

Sponsored

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my favorite pic! Now you have me looking at these and others. With our 3500 tow capacity, what dry weight max should one be aware of? By the way...where is this?

Ford Bronco Off Road Towing (Bronco + Mammoth Overland set-up) IMG_3574

OP
OP
Potluck99

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 CJ5, 1977 J10, 2022 Lowrider ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With our 3500 tow capacity, what dry weight max should one be aware of?
I think it really depends on how much gear/water you are binging. Maybe 3k dry? These tow very well. I have a 2 door and I barely notice the trailer when towing. I think you’re fine to go over that 3500 on some occasions. I know the Braptor is 4500lbs and that was just from adding some extra bracing I believe. (The Tow police in this board are def gonna come after me now)
The pic you referenced is on the Mojave Road. South of Searchlight (which is just south of Vegas).
here are the coordinates-

35°06'11.4"N 114°46'29.5"W
https://goo.gl/maps/CSA2HQUYRypFb6VY9

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such a rad setup! And as someone else mentioned you provide some fantastic shots!

I saw your posts on here months ago and discovered the company that makes your trailer is right in my backyard.

I’m sort of a minimalist when I go camping, but I love the aesthetics of this trailer and have been meaning to go check them out In case I want a new approach down the line.

One question, with a trailer like that how big of a concern is security? When I’m out in the wilderness I tend to hike/Kayak/wander so if you have a nice setup like this do you mainly stay stationary or only use it in certain scenarios? I’d feel uneasy leaving a nice trailer around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Potluck99

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Such a rad setup! And as someone else mentioned you provide some fantastic shots!

One question, with a trailer like that how big of a concern is security? When I’m out in the wilderness I tend to hike/Kayak/wander so if you have a nice setup like this do you mainly stat stationary or only use it in certain scenarios? I’d feel uneasy leaving a nice trailer around.
One question, with a trailer like that how big of a concern is security?
Thanks so much!!
-I definitely tend to be cautious as I’ve had stuff stolen at public campsites before (at campgrounds). This is why I like this trailer set up- we can go somewhere out where nobody is around. Rarely do we run into people and if we do, they are fellow explorer/adventure types and not people randomly out in the middle of nowhere looking to break/steal shit.
that being said, I lock everything down if we ever leave the trailer to go explore. I have some long cable locks for the cases I use so if someone wants to steal something they’ll need to make an effort.
We also always “carry” when we camp just to be safe- but like I said, rarely do we run into sketchy people.

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much!!
-I definitely tend to be cautious as I’ve had stuff stolen at public campsites before (at campgrounds). This is why I like this trailer set up- we can go somewhere out where nobody is around. Rarely do we run into people and if we do, they are fellow explorer/adventure types and not people randomly out in the middle of nowhere looking to break/steal shit.
that being said, I lock everything down if we ever leave the trailer to go explore. I have some long cable locks for the cases I use so if someone wants to steal something they’ll need to make an effort.
We also always “carry” when we camp just to be safe- but like I said, rarely do we run into sketchy people.
Makes perfect sense. I got a bronco partly to take me further into the wilderness and the trailer would allow one to stay off the beaten path much easier then my backpack approach.

I’ve been lucky so far, but have friends who have had valuables stolen at campgrounds so thats always in the back of my mind. But adventure is always in the forefront!

Continue with yours and thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not an officially rated trail, but based on my experience, a level 4 Trail- off camber, obstacles, loose rock inclines, 4lo and lockers needed- the Bronco/Mammoth Overland set-up handled it without issue. Trailer weighs
1700lbs dry.

Best part about difficult to reach camping spots- didn’t see a soul for 3 days.
Read through this thread and didn’t see the tongue weight. I’m looking at an OffGrid Expedition to pull behind my 2 Door FE (Hey Twin!) but my reservation is the 300lbs of torque weight, in some of your pics it does look like you’re squatting in the rear. Was curious if that caused any issues? Thanks!

OP
OP
Potluck99

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Read through this thread and didn’t see the tongue weight. I’m looking at an OffGrid Expedition to pull behind my 2 Door FE (Hey Twin!) but my reservation is the 300lbs of torque weight, in some of your pics it does look like you’re squatting in the rear. Was curious if that caused any issues? Thanks!
tongue weight is 280lbs.
def has some squat due to the Sasquatch suspension, but it tows great. Coilovers will solve that problem but it hasn’t bothered me enough yet to upgrade.
Sponsored