First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like watching Matt's Off Road Recovery from southern Utah. It is a family friendly channel and while they do show some driving (because they have to get to the people who are stuck or in trouble) watching them use just an XJ with a winch and Yankum Ropes is the real interesting part.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I find some value in just about every channel mentioned in this thread. Yes, some are formulaic. Yes, some are over hyped. Yes, some arenā€™t realistic for those of us that donā€˜t want to regularly risk our rigs. But, in the end, I can just about always learn something and enjoy something. I think thatā€™s my super power: the ability to accept something for what it is rather than obsessing over what it isnā€™t.

I also watch stuff like Mattā€™s Off-Road Recovery, Fabrats, and Caseyā€™s Off-Road Recovery. I learn a lot about what NOT to do while watching their stuff. They all seem like regular people and donā€˜t overhype anything.

I also respect the effort it takes to regularly produce content and the pressure content providers are under to create sustainable income. Many of them, for various reasons, have to make compromises in order to get the most subscribers and the most views ā€” and they have every right to do so; itā€™s their livelihood and their time.

On the other hand, I look forward to whatever the OP can put together and would gladly support a Bronco6G channel.
I do the same. Watch a bunch of different stuff to get ideas of what/how to setup my ride. Also mostly for the locations they travel and camp. Some pretty awesome scenery that I want to see.

Plus, good stuff to know on how to handle the more difficult/technical trails (or any type of trail) for us beginners.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

AutoEdits, and JK Gear and Gadgets for the home grown DIY modding and some off-roading, and Wayalife for the extreme modding and off-roading

OP
OP

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if you ever watch hunting videos, a lot of them are the same: formula driven, sponsor heavy and a lot of high fives.

Then there is Meateater with Steve Rinella , totally diiffernt type of show with the same content, top quality editing and photography and great wisdom sharing.

I would like to see more off road shows follow these standards, the audience is there. It is about more than just the dirt, gotta capture the essence and responsibility of being outdoors.

As others have mentioned there is a lot of effort, knowledge, time and money in making quality content. I have been in the film industry for over thirty years, a lot goes into getting quality images on screen.
I hear ya with the importance of video editing and photography. I'm a professional photographer (www.abemcnatty.com) and dabble with video.

I find some value in just about every channel mentioned in this thread. Yes, some are formulaic. Yes, some are over hyped. Yes, some arenā€™t realistic for those of us that donā€˜t want to regularly risk our rigs. But, in the end, I can just about always learn something and enjoy something. I think thatā€™s my super power: the ability to accept something for what it is rather than obsessing over what it isnā€™t.

I also watch stuff like Mattā€™s Off-Road Recovery, Fabrats, and Caseyā€™s Off-Road Recovery. I learn a lot about what NOT to do while watching their stuff. They all seem like regular people and donā€˜t overhype anything.

I also respect the effort it takes to regularly produce content and the pressure content providers are under to create sustainable income. Many of them, for various reasons, have to make compromises in order to get the most subscribers and the most views ā€” and they have every right to do so; itā€™s their livelihood and their time.

On the other hand, I look forward to whatever the OP can put together and would gladly support a Bronco6G channel.
If I get a first month delivery of a Bronco, I'd def take a stab at capitalizing on the built-in attention that will bring with it. That would be fish in a barrel - any garbage out there will get several thousand views (just look at the crap Bronco Nation is putting out.) There will be a lot of thirst for content for sure, but I really hate editing video. Shooting, no problem. It's the editing. If my 2D takes too long to deliver I'll probably lose all motivation.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear ya with the importance of video editing and photography. I'm a professional photographer (www.abemcnatty.com) and dabble with video.

If I get a first month delivery of a Bronco, I'd def take a stab at capitalizing on the built-in attention that will bring with it. That would be fish in a barrel - any garbage out there will get several thousand views (just look at the crap Bronco Nation is putting out.) There will be a lot of thirst for content for sure, but I really hate editing video. Shooting, no problem. It's the editing. If my 2D takes too long to deliver I'll probably lose all motivation.
I agree, there are definitely a lot of views waiting for whoever can get their Bronco videos on YouTube first!

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I'm going to have to start my own Off-roading/Bronco YouTube channel, the content out there is pretty lacking (absolutely boring).

So far 4WD 24/7 out of Australia are the only guys I've found making halfway decent videos.

I'm not a fan of TrailRecon, Epic Family Roadtrip, or Lifestyle Overland, even though they have fairly large subscriber bases. So apparently there is an appetite for this type of content.

All of them follow basically the same formula: talk about how "epic" the trip is, show tons of trail footage (no matter how slow moving), set up camp/show off camping equipment (sponsors) then show off dinner, then show off breakfast... Repeat. 4WD 24/7 does it with the most personality though, and the trails in Australia are actually "epic."

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations?
I liked Epic when they started but it got stale quickly. I donā€™t enjoy the narration and the calming music. Youā€™re right - the formula sucks. But they are probably making good money. Donā€™t they make like $3 an episode from their Patreons?

I wish I had some personality or Iā€™d start my own. But I fear itā€™d be even more boring. I thought of starting one making fun of those other guys. They say some stupid shit Sometimes.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I watch a few of those already mentioned and i do like them, but it's also discouraging in some ways to watch them. Most of them have crazy expensive rigs, or on the opposite side just don't care about the vehicle at all.

I'm just trying to get into the 4x4 exploring thing and would love to find a channel that uses lightly modified jeeps/tacos/4runners with 33/34/35s for their stuff and teach technique as well as show all the beautiful scenes.
Donā€™t forget camera placement is key. A lot of times they make stuff look a lot harder than it really is. Not always of course. If youā€™re bad at camera placement and big tree you crossed and are so proud of turns into a video you canā€™t even show your family because theyā€™ll laugh you right out of the house.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True - I haven't seen any channels that are just off roading with no talk. But I'd like to watch "no talk" off-roading channels if there are any out there.
There are a few. They get boring fast though. You realize quickly how important production is. What I canā€™t take are the ones that play music like Enya. Nothing against her but to me it doesnā€™t go with off-roading.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My issue is finding ones that are "Family Friendly" .. I want to get my kid and maybe my wife into off roading but many of the off road shows/channels must all be ex-sailers :)

We like Trail Recon and Dirt Everyday due to the "Rating"... Always on the hunt for more.
Lol. I thought just the opposite. I donā€™t watch that many though.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't mind (jinxing it right here) helping out on a Bronco6G collaborative channel.

But, I hate nearly everything and who would send me their videos to mock and ridicule for no reason?
Maybe you mock and ridicule because it is actually a deeply held angst by you that people do not believe that you truly exist.

1hvjnoux10ryafovuhvs9kixeakicb6pftxj7jx3&rid=giphy.gif

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I watch The Story Till Now, Jailbreak Overlander, Venture4wd, and Last Line of Defense.

LLOD occasionally goes wheeling - his videos include other stuff

The Story Till Now - Dude with a Gladiator who seems like he has to ford a river in each video

Jailbreak Overlander - guy with a cool accent exploring mostly the desert southwest.

Venture4wd - dude living in his Jeep
Been watching Jailbreak for quite some time now. Ck out TrailBuilt Off-Road

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mattā€™s Off-Road Recovery
The story till now
Trails offroad
4WD 24/7
Colorado 4x4 rescue and recovery

There are a lot that leave room for improvement.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True - I haven't seen any channels that are just off roading with no talk. But I'd like to watch "no talk" off-roading channels if there are any out there.
4Low BC

Last edited:

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've watched a few Prodigal Overland videos. he's got a grand cherokee trailhawk with upgraded tires. I think it's a good starting point to see what a near-stock rig can do. I'm hoping BB Bronco with rear locker will do even better.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Epic Family Road Trip, my favorite overland videos on YouTube by far.
Sponsored