LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 door outperforms 2door 10:1 in Austin. Guide verified that. I guess angles of the dangles are better in the 4 door. the 2 doors had to lock their diffs WAY more than 4 doors. that's why I finally asked.

And why anyone would ever want a manual, God only knows!!!!!!!!!!! BIG MISTAKE. Im guessing you use a jitterbug cell phone!!! LOL
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just went to the NH location Rodeo last week. It was one of the most amazing and exhilarating experiences I ever had. Only automatic 2.7's. A mix of Broncos and trims- mostly 4 door soft tops. In our group there was one 2 door Basesquatch and we were lucky to claim it- and that's what we own, too. You learn so much about your Bronco. And the trails are very challenging- not typical dirt roads with a few bumps. Some very steep rocky trails, step rock face climbs. We definitely needed front and rear locking differentials on a few of the trails. We tired one very steep rock face with the differentials unlocked and could not make it. We locked them and made it up no problem. It was so fun- my wife and I both drove.
We have a 2 door Basesquatch as well. Gonna be there in 2 weeks. Can't wait...

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door outperforms 2door 10:1 in Austin. Guide verified that. I guess angles of the dangles are better in the 4 door. the 2 doors had to lock their diffs WAY more than 4 doors. that's why I finally asked.

And why anyone would ever want a manual, God only knows!!!!!!!!!!! BIG MISTAKE. Im guessing you use a jitterbug cell phone!!! LOL
But the two doors can turn on a dime, especially with trail turn assist. 4 door can only turn on a nickle :D
My guide in Austin loved the 2 doors for the manuverability. A couple of the guides were going fight to try to buy the one I was driving when they sell it later.

Last edited:

Spider Jeff

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 1967 Vette 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went to Austin in summer of 21, back when it was a two day course. I drove a manual on the first day, then auto the next. After driving both I changed my order from manual to auto. The auto can do things the manual simply can’t, although I strongly prefer manuals to autos in general. Trail control is something in auto that can’t be done with manual, I use it every time I’m off-road, which is at least weekly.
BTW, I sold my 2021 4 cylinder Bronco and got a six cylinder 2022 Sasquatch, the difference seems like more than 2 cylinders. The money I got for the used Bronco with 7 k paid for the new one!
Side benefit is another Off-roadeo, which I plan to do in Moab to see how it is. I did the Raptor assault school in Utah and it was really awesome!

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went last august, but I thought it was well known they don’t have manuals. Mainly because they don’t want to waste time trying to teach people how to drive one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dick Fear

Dick Fear

Base
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then don’t go. You sound like a little girl with your beyotching…no one gives a crap if you go or not. So they don’t have exactly what you’re getting. Does it change anything? Go or don’t go. You obviously have a complex.
Then don’t go. You sound like a little girl with your beyotching…no one gives a crap if you go or not. So they don’t have exactly what you’re getting. Does it change anything? Go or don’t go. You obviously have a complex.
I smell a mall crawler.

OP
OP
Dick Fear

Dick Fear

Base
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went day one that Austin opened for customers (right at a year ago). They did have a manual, I drove it my second day (I didn't buy a manual but they had one in the trail group and I didn't want to have to make them swap it out like I did the first day.) It was a good experience, just fortified my belief that the auto is 100% the best solution for off-roading in this platform (I have plenty of seat time off-roading in both auto and manual vehicles).

I will say this, a manual isn't something that you want to be training inexperienced drivers in, even if that's what they bought... There just isn't enough time in a beginners course to train someone brand new enough that they would/could/should have enough experience to be safe off-roading.

It's really a safety thing, can you blame them? If you were out there spotting would you want to trust that some complete stranger can handle a clutch on top of everything else that's going on?
I should have added I'm an old school MT fanatic from back in the day when you got out of your truck to turn the hubs and lock in 4wd. I'm just looking for advise on when to use what gear and mode for the various conditions on the course.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
Deal with it, they don't have Raptors either but I'll still go.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should have added I'm an old school MT fanatic from back in the day when you got out of your truck to turn the hubs and lock in 4wd. I'm just looking for advise on when to use what gear and mode for the various conditions on the course.
There really wasn't a lot of 1 on 1 instruction. They do the intro course stuff but all of the trail riding you're basically on your own until you come to an obstacle then they spot. My bet is that they struggled so much with newbies and the manuals that they had to give them up.

The exception is if you're in a lead or tail gunner vehicle. I rode lead both days so the instructor was in my rig 90% of the time. Had plenty of time to chat.

Since we were the first group someone from Ford home office was there getting feedback. We ABSOLUTELY suggested they do something beyond just a beginners into course (for a fee). It sounds like that's more of what you're looking for.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree with the OP here Ford's generic off rodeo is too softcore for my tastes. Glad it helps people get into off-roading but the trail bypasses they use are for little girls and more doors.and for those too inexperienced to use a stick shift transmission. Too bad they don't have more 2drs and MTs. Hardcore 4x4 nuts laugh at this nonsense!

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with the OP here Ford's generic off rodeo is too softcore for my tastes. Glad it helps people get into off-roading but the trail bypasses they use are for little girls and more doors.and for those too inexperienced to use a stick shift transmission. Too bad they don't have more 2drs and MTs. Hardcore 4x4 nuts laugh at this nonsense!
Probably because it wasn’t designed for “hardcore 4x4 nuts”…

in Texas no one used any bypasses except the bronco sports when they use the same course.

I’m tired of people complaining about things not being something they weren’t designed to be.

if it’s too simple or “too girly” (that phrase annoys me) for you then don’t go. You won’t be happy. But don’t complain when others enjoy it.

Let people enjoy things.

OP
OP
Dick Fear

Dick Fear

Base
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then why go? This is definitely not for confident, manly, big dick, professional off roaders like you.

OP
OP
Dick Fear

Dick Fear

Base
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
[/QUOTE/]

6 miles from the NH Off-Rodeo in Laconia you can find 2021 used Broncos selling for $78k and $82. I'm feeling pretty good about my blue base at $35k. Broke it in at 2,500 miles, added bash plates, and ready to hit the trails. Any recommendations around Laconia.
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available IMG_20220701_162608__01
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available IMG_20220701_162618__01
Sponsored