Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the most level-headed post I've seen.

Judging by a lot of folks here B&P will truly be the only thing to bring them inner peace.
I love your optimism. I don't think a lot of folks here will find inner peace even if their Bronco comes with a gallon jug of Utopia Juice and a keg of Salvation Ale.
Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In addition to other questions as other's stated I wonder if stating this would let them lock those who made later reservations into 2022 pricing. While the price of the truck may not go up they could up delivery & destination.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they're not converted into an order, they don't exist and won't be built.
They would be converted from reservation to an order but when the customer goes to the dealership to pick it up they decline. Don't forget that there won't be many (ANY) to look at beforehand.

Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is way better than getting a 2021 Bronco in 2022. I reserved early, but if I hadn't and was not going to take delivery until 2022, I'd want a 2022.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They would be converted from reservation to an order but when the customer goes to the dealership to pick it up they decline. Don't forget that there won't be many (ANY) to look at beforehand.
I think you misunderstood. The question was if a reservation is NOT converted into an order, not if a customer declines to purchase what they ordered upon delivery. The latter would become dealer stock and most likely have ADM tacked on.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well now. It seems those that took Granger up on their offer have now "benefitted" from being confirmed as having reserved an MY22 Bronco. I'm fairly happy that has happened. Removes any possible, yet doubtful, "year 1 issues" and it also allows a year 1 price for a year 2 model.

Seems like a "win" in my book.
When some C8 corvette orders were pushed into the next model year by Covid production delays, they were not locked in at the first year prices. They have to pay the raised price.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When is the MY2022 B&P due out? I want to see if it's worth waiting for new models or colors! (yes, I'm being sarcastic!)

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is still going to going to make as many as they can as fast as they can. They just had to pick a date for a model year cut off.
Reservations placed on 9-18 or later won't magically now be built later than they were before.
I would bet we don't see any options and packages changes for MY 2022 and pricing holds until all orders are filled.
I agree with your first point but I actually would expect more options and packages to be available for the MY22. Take "green" for example. 95% certain it will not be available for MY21 *runs and hides* but it would be an easy addition to the MY22. To make this work, Ford needs to separate reservation holders from 9/18 forward from the the first B&P and order deadline of January 31.
Sponsored