Sponsored

Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're already in a Badlands, i would say skip. Youre getting a decent stance and tires. If you were on any other trim, with 31s or 32s and no lift, and on the fence, I would say sas 100%. Dont want to be disappointed with a build that will be a dime a dozen in a couple years when these are everywhere. But yeah, good to go with non-sas BL.
Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We ordered our BL without, the 33" KO2's were a big deciding factor. Being in Minnesota and knowing many that just love the KO2's here in the winter was a big factor. Having a 3 peak snow rating is something I am not hearing discussed when it comes to SAS or not to SAS.

MtnBronc

Badlands
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We ordered our BL without, the 33" KO2's were a big deciding factor. Being in Minnesota and knowing many that just love the KO2's here in the winter was a big factor. Having a 3 peak snow rating is something I am not hearing discussed when it comes to SAS or not to SAS.
I'm in Colorado and had the same concerns with winter driving and came to the same conclusion.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
for you, no I would not i am not for the same reasons too expensive, a badlands will be able to tackle literally anything florida can offer without difficulty (if you have some semblance of competence) you would really only be getting the wheels and suspension both things you can do aftermarket to your exact liking

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I checked the box on sasquatch for badlands because it's only $1500 more for the 4.7 gearing and bigger wheels and tires above the optional wheels with K02s. If it delays my build much I will switch back to my original plan.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve actually been wondering if I should give up the mod top in lieu of SQUATCH on my 2door order. But my latest epiphany is that I will have a good look with 33”s and a good ride with the mod top. Best of both in my situation.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
If you have to ask then you don't need it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I checked the box on sasquatch for badlands because it's only $1500 more for the 4.7 gearing and bigger wheels and tires above the optional wheels with K02s. If it delays my build much I will switch back to my original plan.
Based on that theory, I chose the mod top because it's only $1895 more and the Sunrider top because it's only $1295 more. I may get the soundbar because that's only $800 more. I don't NEED any of these same as most don't need sasquatch, but they're only a little bit more.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you think when I sell this thing in 5 years, that will matter?
Sasquatch will not hold value. In 5 years there will be tons of lifts and the amazing name will lose it's charm.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 35” tires make the 4dr look much better IMO. I went with the WT because it came with the things I like, not necessarily need. I don’t need the 2.7, but I like the extra power, I don’t need the 10 speaker B/O sound system, but I like the way it sounds, don’t need leather seats, but I like the way they look and feel, I don’t need the AMB paint but I like the way it looks There’s nothing wrong with preferring one thing over another because you like the way it looks better than the other thing. You have to weigh looks, cost, functionality and determine how you value those factors. Only you can apply value/appeal to those characteristics. Good luck.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been driving on E rated tires for the past 20 years, the Bronco is a truck so I should feel right at home.
That is way overstated....Bronco isn't a flyweight. I went from Ds to Es on a similar weight vehicle to Bronco, and the comfort difference was no where near "terrible".
With all the additional weight of D & E rated tires, will the brakes need to be upgraded?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
You answered your own question. Unless you're flipping it immediately upon delivery and think you can make a profit then resale isn't a reason. Cars depreciate terribly.
Sponsored

Reactions: abe