Sponsored

Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no?

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the additional weight of D & E rated tires, will the brakes need to be upgraded?
I would say no, from everything I have read here the brakes between a BL and a BL/SAS are the same and going from a 33" C (52lb) to a 33" E (58lb), a difference of 24lb total.
Sponsored

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of us wonā€™t see a SAS vs Non-SAS in person before we have to pull the trigger on our order. Are there any vehicles out there built stock that could be used as a comparative? For example, Iā€™ve been thinking about going to look at a stock 2dr Rubicon (my understanding is the BL has same tire size) to get a sense at least for how I feel about the tire size/stance. I realize the ride will be completely different due to IFS so I wonā€™t be messing with a test drive. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not considering something here otherwise everyone in this same quandary would have already done this and got it all figured out.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no squatch on Badlands is fine and you can always stuff 35s in it without more lift.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear friends, itā€™s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? Iā€™m in Florida and wonā€™t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I wonā€™t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
It's not that much more money to do it and you will see someone in the road with it and you will say to yourself "Shit, I should done Sasquatch". You will probably say it a lot.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of us wonā€™t see a SAS vs Non-SAS in person before we have to pull the trigger on our order. Are there any vehicles out there built stock that could be used as a comparative? For example, Iā€™ve been thinking about going to look at a stock 2dr Rubicon (my understanding is the BL has same tire size) to get a sense at least for how I feel about the tire size/stance. I realize the ride will be completely different due to IFS so I wonā€™t be messing with a test drive. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not considering something here otherwise everyone in this same quandary would have already done this and got it all figured out.
Super duty 4x4 pickups go from 32/33s standard (275/65/18 AS or 275/70/18 AT) to 35s with the tremor package (285/75/18 AT)

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen two lifted vehicles where I work sporting 35 x 12.5 tires. In person, they are freakin huge. I'll be just fine with lesser tires.

OP
OP
GatorDave

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reactions: abe

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen two lifted vehicles where I work sporting 35 x 12.5 tires. In person, they are freakin huge. I'll be just fine with lesser tires.
Have you seen them on a 4 door Wrangler? That gives a good comparison, as the wheelbases are close. They donā€™t look that big on the Wrangler...they look proportional, while stock 33s (Rubi) look fairly small, or the minimum acceptable at best.

Masterwaterskier

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor, '79 Bronco, '23 2Dr BD Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ordered mine BD with Squatch...

just an FYI.. In case you want to see what the tires look like, the tire size on the squatch is the same stock tire size as the Raptor which helped me decide as I have a '13 Raptor.. I don't want my Bronco to look too small next to my truck.

Sponsored

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a 4DR Badlands no Squatch. Badlands is pretty much already Squatched with just a smaller lift and smaller wheels and tires.
I'm in the same boat and someone posted in a recent thread while at KOH that the measurement from wheel to fender on a BL and the WT with SAS was identical, so there really is no difference. the 4:46 will do the job and I'll be looking at swapping the hoofs to BFG KO2 285/75/17 as soon as I can. ;)

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do this every day in my garage with a 2 door Rubicon on 33 KO2s. I am ordering 2 door Badlands and have decided to stay with 33 KO2s with the optional wheels. And I really like the KO2s. I have had KM2s, NIttos , Duratracks and KO2s are my favorite with Duratracks a close 2nd.

I think the stance and proportions of the 2 door look better with 33s. I have looked at 2 door Jeeps with 35s and prefer 33s. Now the 2 door Bronco is slightly larger than the Jeep but in all the pics/videos I have seen I still prefer the 33s on the 2 door.

If I was getting a 4 door I would probably get the sas. I think the 33's on the 4 door look good but just like 4 door Jeeps the 35s look good (better?) also. I have had 4 door Jeeps and had 35s on them.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dear friends, itā€™s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? Iā€™m in Florida and wonā€™t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I wonā€™t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
Personally I think on the 4 Door the 35s look better, but looking at your post objectively, I would suggest you stick with the 33s to begin with.
There will be Squatched owners selling off their Stockers within months of purchase so you will have plenty of options if you decide you really want slightly bigger meats

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My guess, I do not think either BL SAS vs Non SAS will matter significantly with resale $$ or desirability. There are buyers for both versions. BL non SAS or SAS will sell equally as well, IMO.

I would buy the look you like for your enjoyment unless money is a consideration in which case buy the lower price version.